Eastie

Villa In The Press

305 posts in this topic

During my time at TBAR i started a thread for villa in the press which seemed popular - usually updated daily but not during the Christmas period but here goes -

Birmingham Mail: Aston Villa must sign up Tom Cleverley next month or face losing him to a Premier League rival in the summer. The claret and blues have got the option to turn his season-long loan move into a permanent one but that will expire at the end of January. It means that boss Paul Lambert, who is keen to get a deal done, could miss out on the Manchester United midfielder unless chairman Randy Lerner stumps up £7.5million. If Villa let January pass Cleverley will be out of contract and available for nothing in the summer allowing other teams the chance to sign him.

Daily Mail: Paul Lambert will look to trigger the £7.5million purchase of Tom Cleverley from Manchester United once the January window opens but admits Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner and the player himself must agree first. Cleverley is on a season-long loan at Villa, who have a first option to buy, but could decide to wait until the summer when he is a free agent and assess his options. From a club perspective, Lambert said Lerner would need to be satisfied with the finances of paying cash up front to secure his signature.

ESPN: Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has revealed he will hold talks with Tom Cleverley about his future. Villa have an option to buy the Manchester United loanee in January but Cleverley's contract at Old Trafford expires in June. Everton wanted to sign the England international in the summer but failed to agree a deal with United, allowing Villa to resurrect a deadline day move which looked to be over. The club have no deal in place for the midfielder in the summer and Lambert is planning to sit down with the 25-year-old.

Teamtalk: Paul Lambert is to hold talks with Tom Cleverley with the Aston Villa boss hinting that he is keen to make his loanee a permanent signing - either in January or next summer. Lambert has praised the Manchester United player's conduct and enthusiasm since the 25-year-old moved to Villa Park in the summer. Cleverley is on a season-long loan, which means Lambert has time on his side when it comes to weighing-up his options.

Daily Star: Gabby Agbonlahor's controversial red card against Manchester United at the weekend has been torn up. The Aston Villa striker was shown a straight red for a challenge on former team-mate Ashley Young in Saturday's 1-1 draw. But an FA appeal panel has rescinded referee Lee Mason's dismissal leaving Agbonlahor clear to play in the Boxing Day fixture at Swansea. Villa boss Paul Lambert said: "It's great news for us and I said at the time I didn't think it was a red card. "Gabby was shocked by it and down but I told him not to worry because it was the wrong decision."

Independent: Gabriel Agbonlahor's red card against Manchester United has been overturned after Aston Villa won their appeal. The striker was dismissed in the second half of Villa's 1-1 draw with United on Saturday after a 50-50 tackle with former Villa team-mate Ashley Young, but is now available to face Swansea on Boxing Day. Villa, though, have been charged by the Football Association with "failing to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion" during the game and have until 6pm on December 30 to respond. But manager Paul Lambert was delighted at Agbonlahor's reprieve after he was dismissed - for the first time in his career - by referee Lee Mason.

Guardian: Gabriel Agbonlahor's red card against Manchester United has been overturned after Aston Villa won their appeal. The striker was dismissed in the second half of Villa's 1-1 draw with United on Saturday after a 50-50 tackle with former Villa team-mate Ashley Young, but is now available to face Swansea on Boxing Day. Villa, though, have been charged by the Football Association with "failing to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion" during the game and have until 6pm on 30 December to respond. The Villa manager Paul Lambert was delighted at Agbonlahor's reprieve after he was dismissed - for the first time in his career - by the referee Lee Mason.

Daily Mirror: Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor has had his red card against Manchester United rescinded by the FA. But it's not all good news for Villa, who have been charged for failing to control their player in the aftermath of the incident. The striker went in for a full-blooded challenge with former team-mate Ashley Young, and was subsequently sent off by referee Lee Mason. However the FA have decided to uphold his claim of wrongful dismissal, meaning Agbonlahor will now be available for Aston Villa's Boxing Day clash with Swansea. Young, along with United manager Louis van Gaal, admitted at the end of the game that they thought the 28-year-old was going to receive a yellow card for the challenge.

During my time at TBAR i started a thread for villa in the press which seemed popular - usually updated daily but not during the Christmas period but here goes -

with your mod experience mate you should be a mod or an admin on here

anyway

how impressed with the site have you been so far

This will hopefully recommence on a regular basis after the holiday period .

Should be able to update daily from now on -

Birmingham Mail: Paul Lambert reckons Scott Sinclair still has enough quality to make a major impact in the Premier League. The Aston Villa target has had a torrid two years since moving from Swansea to Manchester City but Lambert insists he still has plenty to offer. Sinclair is certain to leave the Etihad Stadium this month after becoming surplus to requirements and Villa want to add him to their ranks. The claret and blues must find around £3m to lure him to the Midlands and be prepared to stump up a healthy wage packet for the winger and at this stage that appears to be slowing up the pursuit. Lambert refused to comment on the chase for his signature but admitted that he is a player who he rates highly.

Sky Sports: Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is confident Scott Sinclair can still make an impact at the top level, despite his Manchester City career stalling. But the Villa manager refused to confirm speculation he was interested in signing the former Swansea star in the current transfer window. Sinclair has been linked to Villa Park with his City stay seemingly over after only four appearances this season. He has started just three times for the current English champions since a £6.2m transfer in 2012 and had an unsuccessful loan spell at West Brom last season. Lambert believes the 25-year-old possesses the quality to revive his career in the Premier League.

BT Sport: Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert insists Scott Sinclair can still cut it at the top despite his Manchester City career stalling. But the manager remained tight-lipped over a bid for the former Swansea star. Sinclair has been linked to Villa Park with his Etihad stay seemingly over after only four appearances this season. He has started just three times since a £6.2million move from Swansea in 2012 and had an unsuccessful loan spell at West Brom last term. Lambert believes, though, the ex-Chelsea trainee has got the quality to revive his career in the Barclays Premier League.

Daily Mirror: Paul Lambert has urged Scott Sinclair to quit Manchester City for Aston Villa after insisting he can help rediscover the winger's best form. Sinclair, 25, has seen his career nosedive moving from Swansea to City in August 2012. He joined on a bumper four-year contract worth £52,000-a-week but has started just two League games. Now Villa are in talks over a cut-price deal with City to sign the winger, who went to the Etihad for £6.2million.

South West Evening Post: Swansea City are being linked with a £2m move for Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton, according to reports. Manager Garry Monk has made no secret of the fact that he wants to strengthen his defensive options this month, and after ruling out a move for Tottenham Hotspur full-back Kyle Naughton, Lowton is the latest name to be touted for a move to the Liberty.Right-back Lowton has fallen out of favour at Villa Park, with veteran Alan Hutton getting the nod from manager Paul Lambert.

Daily Star: Ron Vlaar's chances of a dream January move to Manchester United have been scuppered after the Aston Villa defender was ruled out for up to six weeks. Contract rebel Vlaar was forced off with a knee problem during Villa's 0-0 draw against Crystal Palace on New Year's Day. Manchester United and Arsenal are among the top clubs interested in signing the Dutch defender, whose deal expires in the summer. Asked if surgery on the cartilage problem had killed off any chance of Vlaar leaving, boss Paul Lambert said: "Yes, you would think so."

Birmingham Mail: Paul Lambert will not be letting Matt Lowton leave Aston Villa on loan this month despite the right-back's frustration at a lack of first-team opportunities. The Villa defender has started just four Premier League games this term and is thought to be keen on a temporary move away. Fulham and Swansea have both showed an interest in the 25-year-old but Lambert is unlikely to let him leave.

Clubcall: Manchester United starlet Adnan Januzaj is being linked with a loan switch to Aston Villa for the rest of the season. Boss Paul Lambert has been told the Old Trafford club will make a decision over the weekend about what they will do with the youngster. The 19-year-old has fallen way down the pecking order under new boss Louis van Gaal, having started just four games for the Red Devils this term.

Oh and there was me thinking we were in the press for being the most boring team in the prem

i like this feature Eastie, if you are going to update it daily then i will pin it.

let me know

Good thread this-----nice one Eastie,

Agree mate this is a good thread and enjoying the content. thanks :good:

Pinned

I know I am thick but what does that mean ?

I am pretty sure all that means is it is a popular thread on the section it is in i guess :question:

it gets pinned to the top of its respective forum topic, therefore being top all the time

it gets pinned to the top of its respective forum topic, therefore being top all the time

What Jeff said!! Thicko!!

So if you pinned 2 which one would be top lol

So if you pinned 2 which one would be top lol

the first pinned i think?

the first pinned i think?

Confused.com lol

we call pinned ''a sticky'' over in my celtic forum

Confused.com lol

ok,

1.Look at the holte end forum and you will see 4 topics that remain at the top regardless of how active they are, these are pinned.

ok,

1.Look at the holte end forum and you will see 4 topics that remain at the top regardless of how active they are, these are pinned.

Did you google that?!!!

no point buying the paper any more then

Did you google that?!!!

i am not quite as thick and stupid as i look mate!!

But then again i am devastatingly handsome so it makes up for my lack of brains!!

i am not quite as thick and stupid as i look mate!!

But then again i am devastatingly handsome so it makes up for my lack of brains!!

Good point well made! :-)