FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Shame On Celtic Fans

Loyalvillan

Not for the first time i might add!! No respect my Lord!!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f**cking disgraceful.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Haven't watched the videos but don't forget some of our own didn't show any respect for the minute's silence at West Ham last year.

Am sure that happened at other grounds too, sadly, but Celtic's the easy target here.

Doesn't make it right but too easy to focus on Celtic.

2426f5x.png

i wish they stayed silent btw if some didnt want to respect it then stay in the foyer/concourse dont boo or sing imo,...celtic fans respect our hero's that fought in world wars many of our own players died fighting,... but a lot of fans feel now it has been hijacked to justify the war on iraq/afganistan this whole poppy/mins silent thing never happened pre-blair days also a lot of fans travel over from ireland or have irish parents etc that lived through the troubles seen army brutality against irish nationlists in the north seeing many innocent children shot dead by the brittish army, which i could give you a list of if you would like me to post, as after all if we are gonni be respecting the war dead

the 1st video is a song called ''aidan mcanespie'' an innocent ciivillian shot dead which is getting belted out OUTSIDE the stadium''

the 2nd vid from sunday 1 man is singing & is getting told to f*ck up by celtic fans which also creates a ring of boo's from aberdeen fans its obv,gonni sound worse,no excuse i know

whilst were at it mike why dont you post the wolves v sha game from the weekend which the mins silence got disrupted

war is a 2 way street we dont need to feel we have to always support the brittish army because we are brittish,& follow like sheep...war is sh*t now

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Haven't watched the videos but don't forget some of our own didn't show any respect for the minute's silence at West Ham last year.

Am sure that happened at other grounds too, sadly, but Celtic's the easy target here.

Doesn't make it right but too easy to focus on Celtic.

+1

thank you anne,...as i said i really wish we respected it the one's that dont want to say nothing & wait outside

btw the one last year at CP you could hear a pin drop,...but not gonni lie there was a lot of fans waiting in the concourse not going in to respect it untill it was over

anthony stokes 3rd from left irish lad from dublin comes from a big family was freinds with alan ryan a c-company ira member who was shot dead a few yrs ago comes from a pro-republican background

so the right wing offended brigade pick up on him standing with his hands at the front as if its disrepctfull???

15zfdc7.jpg

others doing the exact same

thon lfc player

2qjyec8.jpg

1zpo7lx.jpg

214wmyc.jpg

There were Hammers making a right racket at the start of the minute's silence on Saturday but no mention of that.

I always show my respect. Personally, I just couldn't do otherwise. I also always wear a poppy at this time of year. In Ireland, as in Scotland, doing so becomes much more political, which is sad but utterly unsurprising.

I understand why, for some, this is a major issue and don't see what all the fuss was about a player choosing not to wear one, as is his right. McClean never wears it - and that is up to him.

The number of British people grossly ignorant to the origins of the poppy appeal (The Earl Hague fund) and why that was so contentious is alarming really.

I've no issue with the poppy myself, as a symbol of remembrance of those who died in the two world wars and nothing more. For me, there's no place for politics in remembering the millions who died in WWI and WWII - 100 years after politicians shamefully sent them to die like cattle.

2426f5x.png

i used to wear a poppy as kid il always remember at primary school we would bring a pound for the charity tin & wear one as it was seen as a mark of respect for our war veterans,but as i got older i decided not to wear one as i feel it has been hijacked by wars i dont agree with or side with ,poppy fascists look at you funny nowadays if you dont wear one but isnt that great thing having the freedom not too something we did fight for,...as anne says the situation is different in ireland & scotland which has the same political beliefs apart from being occuppied by tanks & guns by brits,...

my irish club clifftonville from belfast didnt respect it either & shouldnt be forced too either because of the army killing many of their people, this was them against linfeild a pro-unionist/loyalist club you could say a diluted version of celtic v rangers

this is a comment from an english mancunian fella from that vid

Why would they force this thing on Catholics? It just baffles the mind. Even me, a f**cking nobody from Manchester, can understand that these soldiers caused a lot of families a lot of grief in Northern Ireland and grudges are held. How could you stay quiet? Just like how I wouldn't stay quiet for anything to do with the IRA, no chance! I'll never forget the bomb they placed in my city in 96 and It is as simple as that. So no, I dont think these people are scum, I say, fair play for standing up for what you believe in r kid. 

irish internation & wigan, striker from derry has to explain why he doesnt want to wear a poppy on the clubs shirt,which i feel he doesnt have too,his choice ffs

Dear Mr Whelan

I wanted to write to you before talking about this face to face and explain my reasons for not wearing a poppy on my shirt for the game at Bolton.

I have complete respect for those who fought and died in both World Wars - many I know were Irish-born. I have been told that your own Grandfather Paddy Whelan, from Tipperary, was one of those.

I mourn their deaths like every other decent person and if the Poppy was a symbol only for the lost souls of World War I and II I would wear one.

I want to make that 100% clear .You must understand this.

But the Poppy is used to remember victims of other conflicts since 1945 and this is where the problem starts for me.

For people from the North of Ireland such as myself, and specifically those in Derry, scene of the 1972 Bloody Sunday massacre, the poppy has come to mean something very different. Please understand, Mr Whelan, that when you come from Creggan like myself or the Bogside, Brandywell or the majority of places in Derry, every person still lives in the shadow of one of the darkest days in Ireland’s history – even if like me you were born nearly 20 years after the event. It is just a part of who we are, ingrained into us from birth.

Mr Whelan, for me to wear a poppy would be as much a gesture of disrespect for the innocent people who lost their lives in the Troubles – and Bloody Sunday especially - as I have in the past been accused of disrespecting the victims of WWI and WWII.

It would be seen as an act of disrespect to those people; to my people.

I am not a war monger, or anti-British, or a terrorist or any of the accusations levelled at me in the past. I am a peaceful guy, I believe everyone should live side by side, whatever their religious or political beliefs which I respect and ask for people to respect mine in return. Since last year, I am a father and I want my daughter to grow up in a peaceful world, like any parent.

I am very proud of where I come from and I just cannot do something that I believe is wrong. In life, if you’re a man you should stand up for what you believe in.

I know you may not agree with my feelings but I hope very much that you understand my reasons.

As the owner of the club I am proud to play for, I believe I owe both you and the club’s supporters this explanation.

Yours sincerely,

James McClean
Read more at http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/ar...9X2ZI0dkkAc.99

Archived