Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

02. Nathan Baker

103 posts in this topic

Yes, very good "never surrender" attitude, will be a good player in Championship, just not good enough playing Premier. All the best, if he is going.

very brave defender, as brave if not more so than Terry!! but limited due to his injuries!!

I wish him the very very best for the future if he goes!

I actually think he could be a quality defender as he matures if he can ever get over his injury problems. Not sure we'll ever get to see it though.

If he goes we're left with Richards, Clark, Okore, and Senderos. All health risks. Definitely need another CB to come in.

I actually think he could be a quality defender as he matures if he can ever get over his injury problems. Not sure we'll ever get to see it though.

Agree.

Never gave anything less than 100%

If he could have gone through a season injury free we'd have seen what a good player he undoubtedly could have been for us.

I also wish him luck if he moves, tried his best every time he played for the villa

Leaving a few years too later for me. Maybe could have got a bit more if other teams didn't realise how poor he was.

Always been a liability. He did give his all and I will respect that but you need more than just throwing your body in the way to make it in the Premier League. He was all or nothing and the majority of the time the all resulted in a foul or a chance on goal for the opposition.

Will be a good player in the championship.

Will be sorry to see him go as I had high hopes for this lad. Just too many injuries have hampered what could have been.

Even without the injuries like so many of our academy players just not good enough and will find his level in the Championship.

I am pleased with this news.
Nathan Baker has always done his best for AVFC and came through a very tough apprenticeship.

AVFC - Nathan Baker pens new deal

Aston Villa is pleased to announce Nathan Baker has signed a new four-year contract with the club.

I am pleased with this news.

Nathan Baker has always done his best for AVFC and came through a very tough apprenticeship.AVFC - Nathan Baker pens new dealAston Villa is pleased to announce Nathan Baker has signed a new four-year contract with the club.

Agreed - surprised but not unhappy to see him stay .

This is one I don't agree with but hey I'm in a good mood with the signing of Veretout.

This is one I don't agree with but hey I'm in a good mood with the signing of Veretout.

Makes me wonder why Clark negotiations haven't been sorted yet as Sherwood said he was discussing a new deal in April.

Me too it's being a good day all round.

Makes me wonder why Clark negotiations haven't been sorted yet as Sherwood said he was discussing a new deal in April.

This is my concern as well if we let go of Clarke I for one will not be pleased as out of the two I prefer him.

Agreed - surprised but not unhappy to see him stay .

Ditto.

Great move. Injury free season and we'll see how good this lad is

This is my concern as well if we let go of Clarke I for one will not be pleased as out of the two I prefer him.

Nah, mate, can't see Clark going either

Surprise, this one. So be it.

Totally unexpected, not sure he's deserving of a 4 year contract but time will tell

a very brave defender, great back up for our defence

This must be a wind up! Such a long contract for an absolute disaster of a defender! Really, really poor player! Yet Clarke still not sorted?wtf!

Clark and baker battle for the lcb role no need for lescott

I'm glad he's staying, good cover for Clark on the left. He partnered well with Okore we needed last year, so it's not a bad backup tandem.

Just can't understand him being given a new four year contract. Limited player always with a mistake in him and did it today again against Forest.

If Burnley did indeed offer 2m for him we should have bitten their hands off.