Sign in to follow this  
avstu

02. Nathan Baker

Loyalvillan    584

Yes, except for the fact that you originally referred to him as Jonathan Hogg. .

I know, hoping you might have forgot that!! i was still right!

freddy    155

Brilliant news thats what i like to hear, ----the lad will be more experienced less naive next season, has guts combined with a bang on attitude---and earnestly gets upset when he has made a mistake-----i like the lad---has impressed me since i first saw him tear down the left wing asnd swing over an inch perfect cross for The Fonz to put away,against Brighton i think,

continues in the mould of fearless Villa centre halves:: the late John Sleeuwenhoek, Chris Nicholl,Martin Laursen,Georgie Curtis,for a while,Dick Edwards,and the best reader of a game i have seen, and as such had no need to put himself in danger,the great, Mr McGrath.

Jarkko    11

^Good point. How many times did we see Baker bleeding last season ? Always the same thing, he and his head in a place where no-one should go ;) , resulted a minor or a little bit bigger war wound, bandage over his head and so on. That´s what I like of him most, gives everything, gets hurt and continues. You can´t be a primadonna, when you´re a central defender. And he is not.

AnneMc    265

Baker's expected to go out on loan this week, quite possibly to Wigan.

LionHeart82    6

Does Lambo know something we don't about Vlaar?

Personally would rather get rid of Clark than Baker, but that said I suppose Clark can cover 2 positions.

Jarkko    11

We have way too many CB:s, if someone should go, then let it be Baker, he is our weakest link in that position at the moment, could be a decent addition for some Championship team.

Rawly1966    167
We have way too many CB:s, if someone should go, then let it be Baker, he is our weakest link in that position at the moment, could be a decent addition for some Championship team.
At the moment

At the moment

everyone must of seen okore play except me lol brutal at parma and apart from that i think he was a sub in another preseason game. if we are to go on before his injury he looked ok, but for how many games? and how is he after 1 year gettin back to the basics. baker could be 3rd choice for all we know

Rawly1966    167
everyone must of seen okore play except me lol brutal at parma and apart from that i think he was a sub in another preseason game. if we are to go on before his injury he looked ok, but for how many games? and how is he after 1 year gettin back to the basics. baker could be 3rd choice for all we know
I ain't never seen him play ..brutal ?

I think baker needs to be loaned out I like the kid for his passion and bravery but he is technically inadequate. A loan to a championship club would be good for him but I would like to think vlaar has signed to make this happen otherwise it's a bit careless of lambert. Vlaar and senderos are first choice followed by okore then Clark/baker I feel.

I ain't never seen him play ..brutal ?

he played one decent game v chelsea that i know of when he was in denmark. and for us since his injury v parma he looked so out of touch at the back to me. was chatting with a mate at the time and he said also his first touch plus his pace was very distant to what we should expect.

my point is though, do we really want to be loaning out any defense players that we have incase of more injuries not to mention, we havent tied vlaar down either. im not saying baker is brilliant but atleast the fecker tries and is fit

I think baker needs to be loaned out I like the kid for his passion and bravery but he is technically inadequate. A loan to a championship club would be good for him but I would like to think vlaar has signed to make this happen otherwise it's a bit careless of lambert. Vlaar and senderos are first choice followed by okore then Clark/baker I feel.

Rawly1966    167
he played one decent game v chelsea that i know of when he was in denmark. and for us since his injury v parma he looked so out of touch at the back to me. was chatting with a mate at the time and he said also his first touch plus his pace was very distant to what we should expect. my point is though, do we really want to be loaning out any defense players that we have incase of more injuries not to mention, we havent tied vlaar down either. im not saying baker is brilliant but atleast the fecker tries and is fit
I agree with you ,,I said earlier I ain't sure about Okore ,,but I got shot at

he shouldn't be walking into the 1st XI after the performance Vs Stoke. It looks like Senderos and Vlaar will make a good central partnership and we should let that develop. Funny enough both me a Rawley felt that Vlaar can be a bit uncertain with the ball close to the keeper....it looks a bit like a hot potato for him and also it seems to unsettle Guzan too. These are little things I know and he is much better defending a ball coming at him and being a good CB under pressure.

Loyalvillan    584

This lad is growing in stature with every game this season, turning into the player i always though he would be!

Ave    33

This lad is growing in stature with every game this season, turning into the player i always though he would be!

He had a great run at the tail end of 2012/2013 as well :)