Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

02. Nathan Baker

103 posts in this topic

Been raving about Baker for a while and he is certainly becoming the player i always thought he could be, This Guy has a big future at the Villa

I love that he has a short memory. In recent matches he's giving up an embarrassing own goal, an awful penalty, and throws caution to the wind when defending. He took a powerful strike from Jones right off the head, and came back just as strong.

Nothing seems to break this kid. He picks up a knock evey match and he still comes back battling. He is still a bit raw but he has improved as much as, if not more than any other player this year. I think he's got a bright future in the center out Villa's defense.

I love that he has a short memory. In recent matches he's giving up an embarrassing own goal, an awful penalty, and throws caution to the wind when defending. He took a powerful strike from Jones right off the head, and came back just as strong.

Nothing seems to break this kid. He picks up a knock evey match and he still comes back battling. He is still a bit raw but he has improved as much as, if not more than any other player this year. I think he's got a bright future in the center out Villa's defense.

Totally agree....the lad has taken some knocks over his errors but he gives it his all, and for my money thats worth the ticket. His errors will go as he grows and lambo is the right kind of boss to support him.

Agree.

Nathan will be a great player.

I've always rated him highly, for me his errors are part of his learning curve, and like you say, LiN, as he matures they will disappear.

Me and my brother discussed this. He has made many errors this season, but would you expect anything else in his first real season in the Premier League?

I actually believe at this current time he is our best central defender.

he did obviously give Liverpool the penalty but during that game he made some very good tackles to prevent goal scoring chances.

he is still a little rough round the edges but certainly growing with every game

he did obviously give Liverpool the penalty but during that game he made some very good tackles to prevent goal scoring chances.

And that was another example of inexperience, a mature player would have known that Suarez would go down like a sack of spuds and would have held him there instead. Next time he’ll know.

I actually believe at this current time he is our best central defender.
Lol the exact words I said at Liverpool then he gave that penalty away haha.

agree wholeheartedly----every game it seems this lad gets a smack ---he aint afraid to put his head where it hurts-- one of the old breed of centre halves--that challenge at knee level against Samba was unbelievable had me wincing!!-- and that block yesterday,-- bet his cheek is sore this morning-reckon with lambo,s guidance he,s going to be immense for us,----definately a Shaun Teale in the making,---

he,s only young and will learn from his mistakes, defenders are prone to dive in --i know i used to believing the blinking ball could be won!!

i must confess ive really like this lad----ever since i seen him tear down the wing and bang over an inch -perfect cross for Fonzie to score against Brighon i think a few years ago,

I've seen plenty of ability and bravery from him this season, being a few errors as well but all defenders make them and he really has being thrown in at the deep end.

Already a decent player and he will only get better.

Baker has today sign a new 3 year deal to stay at the Villa, from my personal perspective that is great news

Excellent news, i think he has been our best CB this seaon and will become a top player.

Great News!!!! Deserved too. I hope to see him as a permanent fixture in the Villa defense. He and Lowton were the most consistent players for our defense this season Baker is the type of gritty defender we need.

I like him - not quite there yet - but not to far off and he's got potential to become one of the best defenders in the EPL

But i love his attitude real grit and determination. He'll put his head were others wouldnt put their boot.

Everyone remembers Baker from couple of major mistakes and own goals this season, but, he has developed greatly and hopefully still does. Determined player who gives 100% from first to the last minute, I like his attitude, this was great news, too.

Everyone remembers Baker from couple of major mistakes and own goals this season, but, he has developed greatly and hopefully still does. Determined player who gives 100% from first to the last minute, I like his attitude, this was great news, too.

Been raving about baker for the last 3 years, glad to see i was right all along eh?

Been raving about baker for the last 3 years, glad to see i was right all along eh?

Yes, except for the fact that you originally referred to him as Jonathan Hogg. Still remember you posting that. All excited about the next big player for Villa, referring to him as a big powerful central defender.......Jonathan Hogg. LOL.

You threw a few of us for a loop confusing a small undersized defensive midfielder with Baker. Shame on you. But we all know........blame it on Stella.

Yes, except for the fact that you originally referred to him as Jonathan Hogg. .

I know, hoping you might have forgot that!! i was still right!

Brilliant news thats what i like to hear, ----the lad will be more experienced less naive next season, has guts combined with a bang on attitude---and earnestly gets upset when he has made a mistake-----i like the lad---has impressed me since i first saw him tear down the left wing asnd swing over an inch perfect cross for The Fonz to put away,against Brighton i think,

continues in the mould of fearless Villa centre halves:: the late John Sleeuwenhoek, Chris Nicholl,Martin Laursen,Georgie Curtis,for a while,Dick Edwards,and the best reader of a game i have seen, and as such had no need to put himself in danger,the great, Mr McGrath.

^Good point. How many times did we see Baker bleeding last season ? Always the same thing, he and his head in a place where no-one should go ;) , resulted a minor or a little bit bigger war wound, bandage over his head and so on. That´s what I like of him most, gives everything, gets hurt and continues. You can´t be a primadonna, when you´re a central defender. And he is not.

Baker's expected to go out on loan this week, quite possibly to Wigan.

Does Lambo know something we don't about Vlaar?

Personally would rather get rid of Clark than Baker, but that said I suppose Clark can cover 2 positions.