Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Tom Cleverley (2014-15)

227 posts in this topic

Why pay 7.5 million for a player who is out of contract in the summer ?

If he wants to play for the villa he would say now, if not f*ck him off.

no way is that the price Mate, just media and fan talk/rumour

thought we looked better and more dangerous as a team when grealish came on for cleverley

thought we looked better and more dangerous as a team when grealish came on for cleverley

Agreed , grealish has more attacking threat .

Maverick, do you think Cleverley is just not good enough or are you saying he is not good enough at £4 million? I think he is a good holding midfield player. Not very creative but consistent in the middle of the park. Once again the finger has to point at PL and his choice of who he plays. Sanchez is the defensive midfield, Cleverley is the holding midfield and Grealish could be used as the creative midfield. Can't be any worse than what we are trying and failing at. How many creative passes are getting put forward to Benteke?

What I'm saying AV is that he isn't effective enough as a DM, HM (whatever that is) or an AM. I wouldn't even take him on a free as he is no better than KEA was and we have a much better link midfielder already at the club in Westwood.

Do you think he is worth sixty grand a week in wages?

In my estimation Holding Midfield (HM) is the link that plays the ball around whilst an attacking option is being prepared. Because we don't have that AM, Cleverley is not being allowed to be seen as a good player. £60 grand is average nowadays. So yes he probably is worth it.

AV if you think Cleverley is worth 60 grand a week then I respect your opinion but I'm going to come out of retirement and ask Lambert for a trial if that is the sort of money on offer for a completely ineffectual midfielder.

I'd suspect we could get a much more effective player on the continent for the same wages but that is only my humble opinion.

AV if you think Cleverley is worth 60 grand a week then I respect your opinion but I'm going to come out of retirement and ask Lambert for a trial if that is the sort of money on offer for a completely ineffectual midfielder.

I'd suspect we could get a much more effective player on the continent for the same wages but that is only my humble opinion.

Maverick, I am old school and don't think any player is worth £60,000 per week. But as I said, that is average nowadays so there is little we can do about it. Cleverley is one part of a team and IMO the best player we have to play that part. Having said that, I still hope we dip into the transfer market for an AM player.

duno how much sanchez cost or is on but i am falling in love with him

he is so comfortable on the ball ,,,,,

and when he hasnt got it , he makes himself available and is always ready to accept it

sanchez is ideal for paul lamberts new footballing system of passing it about like barcelona

and when he hasnt got it , he makes himself available and is always ready to accept it

sanchez is ideal for paul lamberts new footballing system of passing it about like barcelona

footballing system, paul lambert and barcalona all in the same sentence..... u still on the p*ss since christmas day ? lol

footballing system, paul lambert and barcalona all in the same sentence..... u still on the p*ss since christmas day ? lol

have you seen villa play since paul lamberts recent trip to dortmund

have you seen villa play since paul lamberts recent trip to dortmund

not in the flesh nope, but i have seen a difference in our set up which i think is promising but we are a million miles away from that foundation been bedded in properly and us becoming a force, so system like barca is pretty far fetched

Do you all think with being at Le Arse, Fox is now influencing Lambert in the way we play which would explain why we are probably going to keep Cleverley?

Come out of retirement ? The last time you played the ball still had laces ;)

Do you love him enough to don yourself in a sanchez wig ;)

I rate sanchez but he needs to stop losing the ball in dangerous areas at times - he is improving though and will be a great asset for us.

not in the flesh nope, but i have seen a difference in our set up which i think is promising but we are a million miles away from that foundation been bedded in properly and us becoming a force, so system like barca is pretty far fetched

We need variation and options , I felt swansea pressed our defence knowing we would try and pass out of defence and okore looked ruffled to say the least - there is a time to pass short and a time to go long - passing it around your own penalty box can be a recipe for disaster.

What I'm saying AV is that he isn't effective enough as a DM, HM (whatever that is) or an AM. I wouldn't even take him on a free as he is no better than KEA was and we have a much better link midfielder already at the club in Westwood.

Do you think he is worth sixty grand a week in wages?

Is he on 60k a week? I can only find that he is on between 35-40k a week

I don't know for sure mate but that was the figure mentioned in the media when we were trying to sign him.

I don't know for sure mate but that was the figure mentioned in the media when we were trying to sign him.

Apparently he turned down a deal worth 60k due to lack of football, can only find links saying he earns around 35-40k

Is he on 60k a week? I can only find that he is on between 35-40k a week

i think that might be our contribution to his current wage at Utd

i think that might be our contribution to his current wage at Utd

Naa Mike, he rejected the 60k deal so is still on the earlier pay packet of around 35-40k

Naa Mike, he rejected the 60k deal so is still on the earlier pay packet of around 35-40k

my bad Mate, was half expecting Larry to jump in with his statto figures!! ;)

But the figures associated with his signing in wages and fee could be better spent on someone else considering his overall contribrution!