Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Tom Cleverley (2014-15)

227 posts in this topic

Cleverley is not worth the money and his performances have been average imo. I would rather we use the money to buy someone else. Cleverley I feel will wind down his contract at Man U and leave on a free. He is a upgrade on Westwood no doubt but sanchez is capable. Buy the attacking midfielder we need villa it is so obvious we need one. Cleverley hasn't done enough for me to see us paying that much for him.I honestly believe he wanted to go to everton and that is where he will end up.

I was ready to lynch him after QPR and his statue like performance, but he has improved and been a decent player, 7m?? is that a confirmed figure?

I think the problem is Everton are also keen on him and if we don't sign him in January then it's likely Everton will do in June.

£7 million is nothing in this day and age. Not convinced about Cleverley but would pay that for him. Whether he will commit to Villa is another story.

£7 million is nothing in this day and age. Not convinced about Cleverley but would pay that for him. Whether he will commit to Villa is another story.

I'm undecided on him - maybe Vlaar will give us room to negotiate a better price .

If Delph was staying I'd be nonplussed but if we lose Delph then I think cleverly may be a reasonable option .

As we have an option to buy in January we may need to use it to secure him or risk Everton pouncing.

Cleverley offers us absolutely nothing we already have at the club and isn't the same type of player as Delph though Viva. I honestly can't see why people would worry about Everton coming in for him and with his performances for us to date I'm not sure Everton would want him now.

He has crap set piece delivery, no killer pass in him, not enough physicality to be a DM or box to box midfielder and doesn't score enough goals so why would we want him?

Mate of mine who is a Man U fan can't believe that we would want to pay anything for him not only due to his lack of ability but also he is available on a free at the end of the season and personally, even on a free I still wouldn't take him as he just wouldn't justify the wages he would want.

It would be another Reo-Coker purchase and that is enough blaspheming.

Cleverley offers us absolutely nothing we already have at the club and isn't the same type of player as Delph though Viva. I honestly can't see why people would worry about Everton coming in for him and with his performances for us to date I'm not sure Everton would want him now.

He has crap set piece delivery, no killer pass in him, not enough physicality to be a DM or box to box midfielder and doesn't score enough goals so why would we want him?

Mate of mine who is a Man U fan can't believe that we would want to pay anything for him not only due to his lack of ability but also he is available on a free at the end of the season and personally, even on a free I still wouldn't take him as he just wouldn't justify the wages he would want.

It would be another Reo-Coker purchase and that is blaspheming enough.

I agree with most of this the price quoted has to do with Man U and the fact he is english so add a few million more on. A deal involving vlaar would get him for 3-4 I believe and is his true value. If Man U are quoting that and we have Delph in the same situation surely Delph is worth? more as he a current england international. Use the money to offer Delph an improved contract or buy a decent am I feel. Of course this has to do with Delph wanting to stay and cleverley and whether he sees us as the right option for him and his career.

No way is the price 7m, that was at the start of the season when he had a year left, he has around 6months, would assume it would be around the 3m mark if we make it permanent in jan

No way is the price 7m, that was at the start of the season when he had a year left, he has around 6months, would assume it would be around the 3m mark if we make it permanent in jan

Hope so ak the Delph situation is not helping and I worry lambert will pay too much in the thought of loosing him in the summer. 3m is a good and fair deal for him we will see in January what happens.

I just don't think he contributes enough to the team to warrant a permanent transfer but I'm sure Lambert will sign him nonetheless. However, rather than repeating myself I'm going to bow out on that and hope we purchase a attacking midfielder instead.

I'd much rather throw those 7 million (big chunk at least) to Delph's contract than to spend it on Cleverley. I think 3-4 mil would have been a fair price, this isnt, and Delph is far, far better player than Cleverley.

I'd much rather throw those 7 million (big chunk at least) to Delph's contract than to spend it on Cleverley. I think 3-4 mil would have been a fair price, this isnt, and Delph is far, far better player than Cleverley.

I don't think Delph wants to stay and he IMO is not a far better player. I think they are on a par really. Delph has more energy, but Cleverley is a better passer of the ball. 2 million for Cleverley is a fair price due to his wage demands. Delph should fetch 7-12 million if it gets into a price war (only cause he is an English international). Hopefully we get some stupid offers for him. Perhaps Liverpool to replace Gerrard?

i would have grealish in the side ahead of cleverley

I am sick of hearing this nonsense about potentially losing Cleverley to Everton at the end of the season. Well so what? There will be lots of midfielders available in the summer to bring in. Some on a free, less money, lower wages, players from relegated sides across Europe.

Am I the only one not opposed to signing him? Though not for 7.5mil mind......

I am sick of hearing this nonsense about potentially losing Cleverley to Everton at the end of the season. Well so what? There will be lots of midfielders available in the summer to bring in. Some on a free, less money, lower wages, players from relegated sides across Europe.

Players on frees , and from relegated clubs or low wages aren't the answer- we want quality signings to improve the team , not more squad fillers.

Midfield is poor in my opinion,delphs the best out of an average bunch.none of them get forward enough none of them score or create enough.although Mr lamberts tactics probably don't help any player in the team with any aspiration to cross the halfway line & help get 2 goals in a match.

He can replace Delph and he is improved on some early displays! sign him up for a decent deal

I definitely want us to sign him up

No mate your not. The problem is the 7.5 mil. Due to his contract term, IMO 2 mil would be better. But he is a good player.

for some reason the manager was reluctant to play okore ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now look at him

i feel its the same situation with jack grealish

give him a few 90 minute games to show what he can do

and i believe he will prove to be a better option than tom cleverley and will save the club 7 .5 million

if not whats the point of having an academy and bringing in some nobody from wigan

Conman, I think they are two different types of player. Grealish is more creative and takes people on. Cleverley is more experienced and perhaps a better team player. Only my opinion of course. Still think he is only worth 2 mil.

Cant compare Cleverly and Grealish, both different types of midfielders

Cleverly at £4m would be maybe ok - £7m is too high for player on a free in 5 months.

for some reason the manager was reluctant to play okore ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now look at him

i feel its the same situation with jack grealish

give him a few 90 minute games to show what he can do

and i believe he will prove to be a better option than tom cleverley and will save the club 7 .5 million

if not whats the point of having an academy and bringing in some nobody from wigan

Would like to see grealish get a decent run in the team , nzogbia gabby Weimann have all proved inconsistent and bit and miss in general - different player to cleverly but worth a run before the summer - could save us a few million.

Why pay 7.5 million for a player who is out of contract in the summer ?

If he wants to play for the villa he would say now, if not f*ck him off.