Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Tom Cleverley (2014-15)

Will be really pissed off if his arrival affects Westwood.

Okay, Westwood needs to work on corners but he's an unsung Villan and does not deserve to lose out.

Will be really pissed off if his arrival affects Westwood.

Okay, Westwood needs to work on corners but he's an unsung Villan and does not deserve to lose out.

Fully agree Anne. I know Karl is a huge Westwood fan - always singing his praises.

after seeing little bit of england game last night , did make me think that diamond formation really could work well for us if we were to apply it , possibility cleaverly could play top of that diamond ?

after seeing little bit of england game last night , did make me think that diamond formation really could work well for us if we were to apply it , possibility cleaverly could play top of that diamond ?

A few have mentioned he could play in a CAM role but I have never seen him play in this role so why do people think he could?

A few have mentioned he could play in a CAM role but I have never seen him play in this role so why do people think he could?

Played in that position when he was at Wigan and done well. Still think he is a better player overall then Westwood, but this should make Westwood step his game up really

Played in that position when he was at Wigan and done well. Still think he is a better player overall then Westwood, but this should make Westwood step his game up really

westwood for me has some really good qualities as a player, and HAS improved since joining Villa, i stop short of suggesting he could be a mainstay in our midfield for many a year but i have a feeling he will be a rock solid player going forward, and with the players signed he will flourish!

westwood for me has some really good qualities as a player, and HAS improved since joining Villa, i stop short of suggesting he could be a mainstay in our midfield for many a year but i have a feeling he will be a rock solid player going forward, and with the players signed he will flourish!

Dont get me wrong i think Westwood is a good player but Cleverly is a little better and has a winning mentality from his time under Fergie. Its better for Aston Villa now

That's great Hahahaha!

On a note though, was quite impressed with t clevz, looked composed and comfortable on the ball

He (like all the team) worked very hard yesterday and got stuck in. Fair play to him.

Ralph ellis reporting that Lambert will activate the £7.5m option to buy cleverly in January .

Not totally convinced one way or the other by him personally but if we do lose Delph at least cleverly is an option.

Guest Morpheus

Ralph ellis reporting that Lambert will activate the £7.5m option to buy cleverly in January .

Not totally convinced one way or the other by him personally but if we do lose Delph at least cleverly is an option.

Just adds to the imbalance in midfield when we already have a better player at the club doing the same job who also cost a lot less.

I sincerely hope Viva this isn't true because the 7.5m would be better spent elsewhere.

I think Cleverley has been good lately and I would like to have him on permanent basis, but, 7½ million is a huge amount of money. He is a decent player, but price is too high. There is a bit ManU bonus in it, I think.

think cleverly is better than all of the midfielders we have and for me in the current climate worth 7.5 million. delph is a quality plater but not imo better than cleverly westwood is still improving for me and is imo our 3rd best player in midfield

I think Delph will go in the summer so maybe Lambert feels he needs to do this deal now to stop everton tempting cleverly in the summer.