Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Tom Cleverley (2014-15)

227 posts in this topic

tomcleverly001-702x336.jpg

08. Tom Cleverley

Discuss Tom's Aston Villa career here.

Will be really pissed off if his arrival affects Westwood.

Okay, Westwood needs to work on corners but he's an unsung Villan and does not deserve to lose out.

Will be really pissed off if his arrival affects Westwood.

Okay, Westwood needs to work on corners but he's an unsung Villan and does not deserve to lose out.

Fully agree Anne. I know Karl is a huge Westwood fan - always singing his praises.

after seeing little bit of england game last night , did make me think that diamond formation really could work well for us if we were to apply it , possibility cleaverly could play top of that diamond ?

after seeing little bit of england game last night , did make me think that diamond formation really could work well for us if we were to apply it , possibility cleaverly could play top of that diamond ?

A few have mentioned he could play in a CAM role but I have never seen him play in this role so why do people think he could?

A few have mentioned he could play in a CAM role but I have never seen him play in this role so why do people think he could?

Played in that position when he was at Wigan and done well. Still think he is a better player overall then Westwood, but this should make Westwood step his game up really

Played in that position when he was at Wigan and done well. Still think he is a better player overall then Westwood, but this should make Westwood step his game up really

westwood for me has some really good qualities as a player, and HAS improved since joining Villa, i stop short of suggesting he could be a mainstay in our midfield for many a year but i have a feeling he will be a rock solid player going forward, and with the players signed he will flourish!

My latest article should please you both!

Westwood is top drawer in my opinion.

westwood for me has some really good qualities as a player, and HAS improved since joining Villa, i stop short of suggesting he could be a mainstay in our midfield for many a year but i have a feeling he will be a rock solid player going forward, and with the players signed he will flourish!

Dont get me wrong i think Westwood is a good player but Cleverly is a little better and has a winning mentality from his time under Fergie. Its better for Aston Villa now

Nice to see him relaxed, hopefully it will help get his confidence back.

That's great Hahahaha!

On a note though, was quite impressed with t clevz, looked composed and comfortable on the ball

He (like all the team) worked very hard yesterday and got stuck in. Fair play to him.

Ralph ellis reporting that Lambert will activate the £7.5m option to buy cleverly in January .

Not totally convinced one way or the other by him personally but if we do lose Delph at least cleverly is an option.

Does that mean that Cleverley wants to stay at Villa?

Ralph ellis reporting that Lambert will activate the £7.5m option to buy cleverly in January .

Not totally convinced one way or the other by him personally but if we do lose Delph at least cleverly is an option.

Just adds to the imbalance in midfield when we already have a better player at the club doing the same job who also cost a lot less.

I sincerely hope Viva this isn't true because the 7.5m would be better spent elsewhere.

I think Cleverley has been good lately and I would like to have him on permanent basis, but, 7½ million is a huge amount of money. He is a decent player, but price is too high. There is a bit ManU bonus in it, I think.

think cleverly is better than all of the midfielders we have and for me in the current climate worth 7.5 million. delph is a quality plater but not imo better than cleverly westwood is still improving for me and is imo our 3rd best player in midfield

I think Delph will go in the summer so maybe Lambert feels he needs to do this deal now to stop everton tempting cleverly in the summer.

Trying to get my head around this. Available on a free end of the season we have him on loan till the end of the season, yet there are rumours we are interested in signing him for 7.5 million in January plus his what 50-60k a week wages, wtf??. Firstly how does he warrant that price tag? when Sissoko at Newcastle cost 1.8 million in similar circumstances and why would Lerner fork out this kind of money if he is looking to sell the club?, lets just see if there is an improvement in his perfromances for the remainder of the season and take it from there. Come end of season when he is available on a free then look at the options. This will show how much he wants to play for the club.

At the moment all he is doing is making up the numbers. Cleverleys displays are either average or awful.

Certain elemants of truth. I cannot see how Man United warrent 7.5 million, definitely the Man United added bonuses as someone said. But he is definitely worth paying for in January. Avoids the prospect of him impressing in the second half of the season and Villa losing out on him. Delph staying or going may be a big factor

Certain elemants of truth. I cannot see how Man United warrent 7.5 million, definitely the Man United added bonuses as someone said. But he is definitely worth paying for in January. Avoids the prospect of him impressing in the second half of the season and Villa losing out on him. Delph staying or going may be a big factor

Valid point in potentially losing out on him in the summer if he does improve and has an impressive second half to the season that is a huge (if) though. But surely come end of the season if he has performed well he should be thinking that Aston Villa is the club he wants to play for and nobody else as this is the club that could potentially revitalise his career and give him regular football. He should be begging to sign for us, be a good test of his character.

Has been playing well and it is a hard choice to go with but 7.5m is a lot considering his contracts with Utd is running out!?

Does he want to stay is another question to ask!

Cleverley is not worth the money and his performances have been average imo. I would rather we use the money to buy someone else. Cleverley I feel will wind down his contract at Man U and leave on a free. He is a upgrade on Westwood no doubt but sanchez is capable. Buy the attacking midfielder we need villa it is so obvious we need one. Cleverley hasn't done enough for me to see us paying that much for him.I honestly believe he wanted to go to everton and that is where he will end up.