FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

AnneMc

Think he's joining a club on a downward spiral - always had the feeling he would go there and think sherwood would have been a better manager for him - never mind we will find another option .

My worry is that benteke clause will be triggered in late August after we have bought and prepared for the new season and leaving no. Time to spend the cash - if so it would cause real upheaval so late and save the buying club paying him wages until August .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on guys, it's not like Villa is a good buy at the moment. Look at it from a level head instead of our claret coloured glasses, we're 'supposedly' being sold, have had very little investment in terms of players, been fighting relegation for the last 3 years and our star striker is likely to be leaving this summer and we pay low wages. Does ANY of that look like a good prospect to a player looking for a club ??

Oh come on guys, it's not like Villa is a good buy at the moment. Look at it from a level head instead of our claret coloured glasses, we're 'supposedly' being sold, have had very little investment in terms of players, been fighting relegation for the last 3 years and our star striker is likely to be leaving this summer and we pay low wages. Does ANY of that look like a good prospect to a player looking for a club ??

I think there are always players who think that they'll be the one to transform our fortunes and catapult themselves to Real or Barca.

Whether they use us as a stepping stone is neither here or there, the Premier League is a massive pull.

Investment is the key, we've done very little for 2 or 3 seasons so it's about time something happened.

A bit of a tangent, I know, but look at blues and Rowett.

They had one foot in the grave yet he left a club that, arguably, could have been playing them next season. Yes, compared to Burton blues are a big club, but I still think his ego was saying 'I'll be the one'.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I think there are always players who think that they'll be the one to transform our fortunes and catapult themselves to Real or Barca.

Whether they use us as a stepping stone is neither here or there, the Premier League is a massive pull.

Investment is the key, we've done very little for 2 or 3 seasons so it's about time something happened.

A bit of a tangent, I know, but look at blues and Rowett.

They had one foot in the grave yet he left a club that, arguably, could have been playing them next season. Yes, compared to Burton blues are a big club, but I still think his ego was saying 'I'll be the one'.

I agree with you, but the problem we have is that anyone in the EPL isn't going to look at us as a good career move. Lower league players will but that might not improve our squad as much as we need.

I agree with you, but the problem we have is tgat anyone in the EPL isnt going to look at us as a good career move. Lower league players will but that might not improve our squad as much as we need.

Fair point.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

IMO everything relates to the sale of Benteke and the sale of Villa. How sad that a great club like this one has to wait for this to happen. I am confident that TS can shape us into a team that will perform better than last season. This is probably going to be a 5 year plan. If we have to buy lower league players, so be it. At least they will have the passion to play. Having expensive players doesn't always work out. We have to have the confidence in the manager to build a good team with what he has available. At least he has the guts to make changes. I just hope he plays Sinclair more and has the sense to keep Gil. Either way, he has my vote to improve us from last season.

image.jpg

IMO everything relates to the sale of Benteke and the sale of Villa. How sad that a great club like this one has to wait for this to happen. I am confident that TS can shape us into a team that will perform better than last season. This is probably going to be a 5 year plan. If we have to buy lower league players, so be it. At least they will have the passion to play. Having expensive players doesn't always work out. We have to have the confidence in the manager to build a good team with what he has available. At least he has the guts to make changes. I just hope he plays Sinclair more and has the sense to keep Gil. Either way, he has my vote to improve us from last season.

Thats the problem though Perth most of what we have is lower league or smaller foreign league players, its what Lambert was bought in to do. Most of the expensive flops have gone. Our player recruitment has been far more miss than hit since well before MON walked, Sherwood is going to have to address that and recruit wisely but as he has never signed a player before we haven't a clue how shrewed he will be in the market.

Archived