Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

18. Kieran Richardson

avstu    216

What are peoples views on Richardson?

He seems to of been praised by a lot of Villa fans but I fail to see what he brings to the team.

There are better options available in the middle than him and out on the wing he offers nothing going forward.

In games he tends to run around a lot (like Holman used to) but offers very little.

AVFC nigel    29

For me he's a good link player, and makes some intelligent runs.

He's not full of 'Flicks and Tricks' which, unfortunately, is what most people seem only to look for in players.

You have to look beyond the ball sometimes.

I reckon He and Cleverley could eventually form a decent partnership.

Loyalvillan    584

For me he's a good link player, and makes some intelligent runs.

He's not full of 'Flicks and Tricks' which, unfortunately, is what most people seem only to look for in players.

You have to look beyond the ball sometimes.

I reckon He and Cleverley could eventually form a decent partnership.

did they not play together some times?? in Cleverly's early days?? or did Richardson have left Utd by then?

ak47deol    177

did they not play together some times?? in Cleverly's early days?? or did Richardson have left Utd by then?

I dont think they would have crossed paths tbf

I think Richardson is a good squad player, brings energy and does have a good left foot and is technically a very good player. Im assuming Benteke will come back in for him and Gabby will be pushed back out wide

Loyalvillan    584

some of his passes are very suspect, not sure if it is him or his team mates that are at fault???

Jayemdubbya    175

Honest question:

What does he bring to the club? He's been forgettable all year. I can't remember one standout performance when I thought "richardson was great today". Every other player has put in at least ONE.

I think he's gotten by with others f**cking up, and no real focus on him. Today was all on him. At least Zoggy, Grealish, Weimann, Gabby, etc.. Can bring SOMETHING to the club.

AnneMc    265

Honest question:

What does he bring to the club? He's been forgettable all year. I can't remember one standout performance when I thought "richardson was great today". Every other player has put in at least ONE.

I think he's gotten by with others f**cking up, and no real focus on him. Today was all on him. At least Zoggy, Grealish, Weimann, Gabby, etc.. Can bring SOMETHING to the club.

Think that's a bit harsh. We haven't seen a great deal of him but he's certainly energetic and committed.

Decent squad player now.

Perth Villan    76

Think that's a bit harsh. We haven't seen a great deal of him but he's certainly energetic and committed.

Decent squad player now.

I think his downfall is that he is not first in the pecking order. He was probably a bit over enthusiastic in his challenge trying to make up for his mistake. Yes it was stupid but he is a good squad player. He has some hunger in him, unlike some others.

Guest Morpheus   
Guest Morpheus

Agreed Viva.

That is another major gripe I have with Lambert, his allocation of funding which generally has been awful and watch him waste yet another several million on Cleverley when we already have better at the club.

Concerning Richardson I think he was a Keane signing and is a useful squad player who can play in several positions but no more than that.

If Randy is going to increase funding then over the next two windows we need to focus on quality rather than numbers.

Eastie    128

So if randy is excited are we to believe he is looking to stay now?

Very depressing - I hope last summer there was light at the end of the tunnel - another few years of lerner and Lambert is bleak .

AnneMc    265

So if randy is excited are we to believe he is looking to stay now?

Very depressing - I hope last summer there was light at the end of the tunnel - another few years of lerner and Lambert is bleak .

Winner Sports, wth 312 Twitter followers, claiming exciting news re: a takeover is coming later today...

I won't change my plans.

Rawly1966    167

Squad player at best - would rather have used his and Cole wages to get one decent player in .

My god man,, do you like anyone ?? . No wonder you don't go , you don't actually like villa much do you .

Eastie    128

My god man,, do you like anyone ?? . No wonder you don't go , you don't actually like villa much do you .

Having been a season ticket holder for 23 years at villa And fan for 35 years I will take your comment with the disdain it deserves .

Rawly1966    167

Having been a season ticket holder for 23 years at villa I will take your comment with the disdain it deserves .

It was a question ,not a comment

Eastie    128

It was a question ,not a comment

Having seen you rile a few on here - your not a very nice person are you - do you get some sort of kick from it or are you joking ;)