Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Aly Cissokho

126 posts in this topic

We're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league and now your gonna believe us.

Pot, kettle.

care to explain?

Does this mean that Richardson will play as a winger? are we going to be playing 5 at the back? wingbacks? is this the end for Bennett?

Stevens

Bennett

Richardson

Cissokho

Thats more players for one position that anywhere else on the pitch!! can our wage structure support this?

Just a few questions but i am kinda happy with the signing, 1. Because it is a signing. 2. Although he has his faults he is a decent player. 3. Most of the time our LB's are good going forward but poor defensively, He is the dead opposite.

might be time to have a player focused on the denfeding

Think Cissokho can play CB.. at least he can on football manager lol, other than his less than impressive Liverpool stint im unsure of his real life persona.

Think possibly Bennett or Stevens will go imo think it will be Stevens on loan to someone. Richardson will play left wing competing with nzogbia maybe who knows?

I have a feeling we will see him playing on the left of a 3 man defence, Okore and Vlaar making up the other 2 places for the first game (maybe Senderos if Vlaar doesnt play) with wing backs

I just posted in the squad numbers, We currently have 26 players over 21, I see the weakest of the squad being Bennett, Stevens and Tonev - need to shift all 3 to get 2 in to make the 25.

You've got no room to talk about being on any players back.

Damn he nailed you there AK!! lol ;)

Aly Cissokho believes he was destined to play for Aston Villa having fallen in love with Villa Park during his Barclays Premier League debut last season.

Good enough for me

Aly Cissokho believes he was destined to play for Aston Villa having fallen in love with Villa Park during his Barclays Premier League debut last season.

Good enough for me

Every visiting team fell in love with VP last season lol.

Seems a decent lad a lot of teams players quote how good the pitch and ground is tbf but nice thing to say nevertheless. Welcome aly looking forward to seeing you play for us.

Maybe we can be the club that a player comes to and reignites their career and has the life experience to know it's not always greener on the other side, rather than just being the stepping stone.

You've got no room to talk about being on any players back.

Oh yh thats true, because we shouldnt get on the back of gabby for being useless. Supported him when he was decent, his performances back my theory tbf and theres a reason why he is still here whilst our best players always tend to go elsewhere

Cissokho can play at CB aswel though, even though he has rarely played there, think Richardson will play further up the field though now

Well according to my pal in Liverpool he is great defensively but shite going forward. Thinks will be a good signing for us though.

I have a feeling we will see him playing on the left of a 3 man defence, Okore and Vlaar making up the other 2 places for the first game (maybe Senderos if Vlaar doesnt play) with wing backs

My thoughts as well. Just doesn't seem like a PL fullback, and we're no strangers to playing someone out of position. 3rd CB it is, which if successfull, pushes Clark and Baker further and further away from the starting 11.

My thoughts as well. Just doesn't seem like a PL fullback, and we're no strangers to playing someone out of position. 3rd CB it is, which if successfull, pushes Clark and Baker further and further away from the starting 11.

Surely that's a good thing though. Clark and Baker have both been liabilities for years. They have not improved whatsoever, same mistakes all the time, most of the time costing us games. Personally wouldn't have them near the first team. I'm all for youth / academy graduates but these clowns have failed to make the grade imo. just being honest

Can't argue at 2 mil,sh*t technically but has got good recovery,as long as he blocks,kicks and bullies every striker he comes up against and stops them scoring,unlike the crap that is baker and clarke,that will do me.Welcome to VP,The Cissokonator..

Surely that's a good thing though. Clark and Baker have both been liabilities for years. They have not improved whatsoever, same mistakes all the time, most of the time costing us games. Personally wouldn't have them near the first team. I'm all for youth / academy graduates but these clowns have failed to make the grade imo. just being honest

The further those two are from the starting 11 the better. We really need to get rid and move on.

Cissonator :-) Been tracking him down on Youtube and remembering Pool games I watched last season where Cissonator was playing. He is strong and hard defender, who gets under strikers skin and doesn´t give them an inch breathing room. When he gets down, he gets right up and comes after you. I like iit. Technically not so good and should concentrate on defending and defending only, in which he is good.

With the squad we now have, I think Bacuna, Richardson etc., can play much more freely towards opposition goal or something like that. Welcome to Villa Aly !

Clark showed promised but has gone backwards, Baker has just been dreadful from day 1 and should be nowhere near a Premier league team. I have nothing against Baker but I can't sit back and watch someone play for Villa who just isn't good enough for us. If Cisso can play CB then we have Richardson back to LB gives PL many options.

Every visiting team fell in love with VP last season lol.

Lol, can't argue with that :D

8 million left if the reports were correct, time for PL to pull off another Benteke and then set his sights on winning the manager of the year award after our 5th place finish, narrowly missing out on the champions league on goal difference.

8 million left if the reports were correct, time for PL to pull off another Benteke and then set his sights on winning the manager of the year award after our 5th place finish, narrowly missing out on the champions league on goal difference.

1, 2 , 3 and back in the room!!! :-)