Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman

Ron Vlaar

id rate vlaar in the top5 in the league

Kompany, Mertesacker, Terry, Cahill, Lovren, Vertonghen, Koscielny are all better then Vlaar. Bound to be a few more. Good player but for us he is vital. Must keep him this season minimum

Kompany, Mertesacker, Terry, Cahill, Lovren, Vertonghen, Koscielny are all better then Vlaar. Bound to be a few more. Good player but for us he is vital. Must keep him this season minimum

Vertonghen and Mertesacker i would argue with there mate

i disagree with those

Vertonghen and Mertesacker i would argue with there mate

Mertesacker last year was class, Vertonghen when played CB is a beast. I think Vlaar is a good player but never in the top 5 of the prem league

i disagree with those

Everyone has there opinion, for me they are better then Vlaar mate

Mertesacker last year was class, Vertonghen when played CB is a beast. I think Vlaar is a good player but never in the top 5 of the prem league

you just have to take into account who he is playing with! would anyone of the players you listed stand out in a Villa defence last year? i dont think so.

Many times i see Vlaar being blamed for poor positioning when in fact he was trying to cover players who were out of position or just not paying attention, this MUST be taken in to account!

Everyone has there opinion, for me they are better then Vlaar mate

fair enough each to their own but villa fans are lucky to have such a good underated CB at the club who imo could get a game for any top4 club...id gladly take him off yer hands for celtic to play alongside big van dijk

you just have to take into account who he is playing with! would anyone of the players you listed stand out in a Villa defence last year? i dont think so.

Many times i see Vlaar being blamed for poor positioning when in fact he was trying to cover players who were out of position or just not paying attention, this MUST be taken in to account!

Mertesacker doesnt exactly have brilliant full backs or a good DM to help him, imo he was one of the best CB's in the league last year

Vlaar like i said is a good player but if i had the choice, i would choose one of the lads i listed to Vlaar for the Villa team

fair enough each to their own but villa fans are lucky to have such a good underated CB at the club who imo could get a game for any top4 club...id gladly take him off yer hands for celtic to play alongside big van dijk

He looks a good prospect, think his time at Celtic is running out if he keeps performing, wouldnt mind him at Villa

He looks a good prospect, think his time at Celtic is running out if he keeps performing, wouldnt mind him at Villa

hes dutch aswell mate lol,..him & vlaar would be some central pair :thumbup:

Mertesacker doesnt exactly have brilliant full backs or a good DM to help him, imo he was one of the best CB's in the league last year

Vlaar like i said is a good player but if i had the choice, i would choose one of the lads i listed to Vlaar for the Villa team

i think alongside Okore, who by the way looked good today we will see a more solid defence next season, Richardson look decent and Hutton...well, lets just say that you comment about him being the best RB at the club is standing the test at the moment.

i think alongside Okore, who by the way looked good today we will see a more solid defence next season, Richardson look decent and Hutton...well, lets just say that you comment about him being the best RB at the club is standing the test at the moment.

Still think the big problem will be not having an Anchor man to protect the flying full backs mate

big senderos might suprise a few folk & vlaar might bring the best out of him he's a big lump of a boy he has played at the highest level aswell,..i wouldnt be suprised if its a vlaar/senderos central pairing this year.....thats if vlaar stays of course

Still think the big problem will be not having an Anchor man to protect the flying full backs mate

not convinced about that to be fair, Hutton Okore Vlaar Richardson looks a pretty decent line up IF they can gel

i will add to the above " they look a decent line up at the moment"
Certainly sounds better dosnt it

big senderos might suprise a few folk & vlaar might bring the best out of him he's a big lump of a boy he has played at the highest level aswell,..i wouldnt be suprised if its a vlaar/senderos central pairing this year.....thats if vlaar stays of course

If okore lives up to potential he'll be the first name on the sheet week in week out, plus he has the one thing nobody else in our defence can compete with, Speed. Vlaar can be very fast but ask him to pull out that type of pace consistently all game and he'd be useless after the first half.

not convinced about that to be fair, Hutton Okore Vlaar Richardson looks a pretty decent line up IF they can gel

Still think we need a big solid DM, somebody like Wanyama who will fill in when the full backs go forward, which Richardson and Hutton will always do

I doubt Okore will return the promising youngster he was, players never really fully recover from injuries like that.

QPR in for Roony now then, no douby chase the money - he wont stay.