Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Superman

Ron Vlaar

418 posts in this topic

Mertesacker doesnt exactly have brilliant full backs or a good DM to help him, imo he was one of the best CB's in the league last year

Vlaar like i said is a good player but if i had the choice, i would choose one of the lads i listed to Vlaar for the Villa team

i think alongside Okore, who by the way looked good today we will see a more solid defence next season, Richardson look decent and Hutton...well, lets just say that you comment about him being the best RB at the club is standing the test at the moment.

i think alongside Okore, who by the way looked good today we will see a more solid defence next season, Richardson look decent and Hutton...well, lets just say that you comment about him being the best RB at the club is standing the test at the moment.

Still think the big problem will be not having an Anchor man to protect the flying full backs mate

big senderos might suprise a few folk & vlaar might bring the best out of him he's a big lump of a boy he has played at the highest level aswell,..i wouldnt be suprised if its a vlaar/senderos central pairing this year.....thats if vlaar stays of course

Still think the big problem will be not having an Anchor man to protect the flying full backs mate

not convinced about that to be fair, Hutton Okore Vlaar Richardson looks a pretty decent line up IF they can gel

i will add to the above " they look a decent line up at the moment"

i will add to the above " they look a decent line up at the moment"
Certainly sounds better dosnt it

big senderos might suprise a few folk & vlaar might bring the best out of him he's a big lump of a boy he has played at the highest level aswell,..i wouldnt be suprised if its a vlaar/senderos central pairing this year.....thats if vlaar stays of course

If okore lives up to potential he'll be the first name on the sheet week in week out, plus he has the one thing nobody else in our defence can compete with, Speed. Vlaar can be very fast but ask him to pull out that type of pace consistently all game and he'd be useless after the first half.

not convinced about that to be fair, Hutton Okore Vlaar Richardson looks a pretty decent line up IF they can gel

Still think we need a big solid DM, somebody like Wanyama who will fill in when the full backs go forward, which Richardson and Hutton will always do

I doubt Okore will return the promising youngster he was, players never really fully recover from injuries like that.

QPR in for Roony now then, no douby chase the money - he wont stay.

If we were to lose Vlaar I'd like to see Senderos Okore, as Senderos has the same calm composed playing style that Roncrete has and with Okore in their to make up for his distinct lack of pace I think we'd still be difficult to break down!

Thing with any young centre back is they get to eager like we saw with Clark and Bakesy last season, dive in and then they make mistakes, with Okore if he does make a mistake (and from watching him in the past) he doesn't but if he does, he has the pace to back it up!

Only downside is the fact he's not the tallest of CB's but then that could mean he doesn't go up for corners so if the oposition counter quickly then atleast we'll have our quickest CB defending

Get a little bit "head against a wall" when people say let him go.

If the club sell him it will be a clear indication to our future aspirations.

Only a headbanger (aka nutter) ...

... or an unambitious moneyman ... would sell Ron Vlaar.

Only a headbanger (aka nutter) ...

... or an unambitious moneyman ... would sell Ron Vlaar.

Check, Check

See ya Ronny

Only a headbanger (aka nutter) ... Lambert ! ... or an unambitious moneyman ..Lerner !. would sell Ron Vlaar.

we are in a difficult position here and it all depends on one factor, not the price, not the club who come in for him!

This will entirely depend on Ron Vlaar himself! if he expresses a desire to go elsewhere then all we can do it get the best possible price for him! which will be less than we want because of the single year on his contract remaining!

If we still refuse to sell him we WILL lose him for nothing next summer, no doubts. and this will result in him not playing 100% in the 2nd half of the season for fear of being injured and suppering any possible move that his agent would have been working on in the background.

So regardless of what happens lets remember that if he goes for a decent fee it is not the fault of the club, manager or owner! its just modern football ladies and gents

we are in a difficult position here and it all depends on one factor, not the price, not the club who come in for him!

This will entirely depend on Ron Vlaar himself! if he expresses a desire to go elsewhere then all we can do it get the best possible price for him! which will be less than we want because of the single year on his contract remaining!

If we still refuse to sell him we WILL lose him for nothing next summer, no doubts. and this will result in him not playing 100% in the 2nd half of the season for fear of being injured and suppering any possible move that his agent would have been working on in the background.

So regardless of what happens lets remember that if he goes for a decent fee it is not the fault of the club, manager or owner! its just modern football ladies and gents

Or he has the best second half of the season he's ever had to ensure he gets some interest and isn't left with no club at all or on crap wages.

And if he goes it's 100% the fault of the owner, why the f*ck are players getting down to the last year of their contract?? Nobody else lets it happen unless they any rid, first 11 players never get down to their last year without refusing a contract offer and asking to leave

il not blame the club just want him to stay,& i hope just like beneteke did he will sign a new deal

Dont panic, we still have the worldclass Baker & Clark

1. The thing is even though he has 1 year left, the club should just said pay up or we'll just lose him because let's be honest what is 6-10m gonna get us we need at least 15-20m to replace him so tell him unless a club pays up you'll be seeing out your contract, Ron seems pretty professional tbh.

if a top club come in for him, man u etc, he will be gone, regardless of what is offered to him, he will want to better himself, and earn a lot more money, just like others have done, and been slated for, I myself wouldn't blame him if he did do that, like has been said earlier, they are here for the money, and they wont get it working for aston villa, not yet anyway, if at all.

Southampton now have an intrest and they have plenty of cash available time to play stick or twist? southampton are no way a big club in my opinion but they have money now from there sales demand 10m + or p off. Vlaar has the final word but we can demand he see out his contract not a nice situation. Why his contract was left to wind down before signings made is irresponsible behaviour. Vlaar is the victim if he goes but money is always the issue so if he goes there I will not be happy.

we need at least 15-20m to replace him

When have we ever spent that on a defender? - honestly the way people are going on about Vlaar, anybody would of though he was the best defender in the world.

When have we ever spent that on a defender? - honestly the way people are going on about Vlaar, anybody would of though he was the best defender in the world.

he is... get those claret n blue tints on mate, they will look good on ya. B)