Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman

Ron Vlaar

Interesting to see some say they'd keep him, despite skating him last season. hmmm

He is far from perfect, but he is by far the best we have.

6M does nothing for us. Vlaar leaving could sink us. We've fought relegation for four straight years now. This upcoming year not looking much better. Why get rid of our best defender and our current captain?

Interesting to see some say they'd keep him, despite skating him last season. hmmm

I've always said he's good, our defence has been bad but my god was it blindingly obvious that he's vital when he was out.

why is everyone cuming in there pants about vlaar when the same folk slated him last season ? i always liked vlaar and well if he goes, he goes. do we need him yes but att he same time our whole defense is shite, vlaar was good for us but its the other positions im much more concerned about, his name is concrete ron to the fans, not pink floyd the wall

I've always said he's good, our defence has been bad but my god was it blindingly obvious that he's vital when he was out.

Statistically were a lot better with him in the team.

If I'm honest I can see Lambert keeping him and reverting to 532 after seeing his. performances in the world cup. and judging by his signings so far...

6M does nothing for us. Vlaar leaving could sink us.

I dont agree with that, Vlaar was nothing special for us last season, he made loads of mistakes and got caught out. Whats right for Aston Villa is what counts, players come and players go, thats life.

Let's worry about next season at the end of this one, we need to be in the Prem next season as our first goal. We haven't exactly sent a shudder through the top half of the table for a while so I'd much rather keep any quality we can so the team can achieve its best result possible. If guys like Vlaar help us achieve a finishing position two or three spots higher on the ladder then we've lost very little to nothing by not cashing him in because we'll recoup it anyway.

In the current market and after a very good world cup, £6m is much to cheap,I would start £10m at least.I would have no hesitation in letting him go, after last seasons performance, he does nothing for me.I honestly think we wouldnt miss him.People are saying we played better with him in the side,I couldnt see the difference when he played..

In the current market and after a very good world cup, £6m is much to cheap,I would start £10m at least.I would have no hesitation in letting him go, after last seasons performance, he does nothing for me.I honestly think we wouldnt miss him.People are saying we played better with him in the side,I couldnt see the difference when he played..
You might see the difference when he has some class beside him too.. Right now he has to cover for the whole defence.