Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman

Ron Vlaar

Reports today saying Roma are interested in Vlaar, £6m. Realistic price to be fair, read alot of people saying were get £10m and above, which made me smile to be honest.

Cheers Ronny, enjoy the Chamions League next season.

Reports today saying Roma are interested in Vlaar, £6m. Realistic price to be fair, read alot of people saying were get £10m and above, which made me smile to be honest.

Cheers Ronny, enjoy the Chamions League next season.

Not a done deal mate. Think of all the players we get linked with and don't buy, I have faith he'll be with us next season, may be blind faith but it's there!

I know buddy, but when things like this happen, something happens. Usually the player being unsettled, and then asking to leave.

I red an interview with Lambert at the weekend, the tone of which would suggest Vlaar is going nowhere. I doubt Lambert would sell him for £6m simply because his value to the team is worth much more. Lerner though could well decide to cash in.

Lambert may not want to sell him but we all know what Lerner is capable of, if he thinks the money will serve his own interests well he'll come first over any value to the club.

I personally think if anyone shows a serious interest in either Delph or vlaar they will be gone, even of the player themselves want to stay

Agree with you skyba it is up to lerner to have the say even though that is not what lambert or us fans want. If we get 6m that is double what we paid and lerner we be thinking this over. He is more valuable to the team which is more important .lambert should just say to lerner if you do want to lose your sale price don't sell vlaar or Delph for the price of losing more.

So we're all agreed then, the logical thing to do is to keep Vlaar.................so off to Roma for Ron it is then. :ph34r:

So we're all agreed then, the logical thing to do is to keep Vlaar.................so off to Roma for Ron it is then. :ph34r:

That's the Villa way! NO AMBITION!!

His contract is up at the end of the season isn't it ?

£6m now or nothing in 12 months ..... You decide !

he is worth more but, 6m is a good fee tbh especially in his lasy yr,....id rather keep him

Both the for and against points are very valid I just have visions of okore getting injured and lambert has to go for a combination between Clarke, baker and senderos oh my god I'm having nightmares thinking about it. If he was allowed to reinvest the majority of the fee than maybe but if not?

Depends on whether you think we are better as a team with him.......i think we are.

The next question is can we be any worse and still survive ? probably not so he is worth a damn sight more to us than £6m.

His contract is up at the end of the season isn't it ? £6m now or nothing in 12 months ..... You decide !
Take the money

I do not want him to go as we are a much better team with him than without him, however, if we are to risk losing £6m at the end of the season then he will be sold. That's how the club is run these days.

Unfortunately you are right b6! Lerner will only see $ signs I just wish he would see logic if vlaar helps keep us up 6m loss is a drop in the ocean compared to if we are relegated he would lose millions on the sale.

I do not want him to go as we are a much better team with him than without him, however, if we are to risk losing £6m at the end of the season then he will be sold. That's how the club is run these days.

Is it not a case of us losing £6m at the end with him for this season or £100m+ at the end without him and relegated?

I'm going to put it another way, £6m now and deal with the rest of the season with senderos and okore or if he doesn't work out baker of Clark. I wouldn't be too confident of staying in the league with tha approach.

Or

Keep vlaar and hopefully convince him during the season he should stay but In the meantime have a better defence of vlaar plus any of the above, I'd be less petrified. £6m will seem like nothing compared to what we'll lose of we go down.

If the offer is 6 mil, I think he should be sold. I know he had a great world cup, but that was also due to the team he played with. Although I like him, he does not bring the same quality when he plays for Villa. He is not a guy that will help younger players develop but rather he is brought down a level by them. So I feel he can be really good in a better team than us, but he is not worth keeping for 12 months if 6 million is offered.

£6m won't buy a replacement of at least equal quality, Vlaar knows our style of play, team mates, language, area, established in the premier league now too. We keep him, simple as that. New deal or not, in 12 month when he has the option to walk for free we should surely have a new owner that will be willing to go out and buy an adequate replacement.

£6m won't buy a replacement of at least equal quality, Vlaar knows our style of play, team mates, language, area, established in the premier league now too. We keep him, simple as that. New deal or not, in 12 month when he has the option to walk for free we should surely have a new owner that will be willing to go out and buy an adequate replacement.

+1 Alan, we should only be worried about stability on the pitch at present we are up for sale and we can't concern ourselves with whether or not we lose a few quid in 12 months time.

We might not get taken over by a super rich owner but you have to believe that anyone who sinks up to as much as £200m in buying the club will not then be recruiting players from the bargain basement, that of course is assuming we have been sold in 12 months.