FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Scottish Football Thread 2014/15

Loyalvillan

Financial : Rangers' EGM tomorrow {12/06/2015}, with two resolutions :

1} Mike Ashley (MASH) : that the £5M loan be repaid to MASH immediately.
2} RIFC Board : that the loan not be repaid immediately and Rangers' contract (through Rangers Retail) with Sports Direct be renegotiated.

So, what information is so embarrassing (confidential) that Mike Ashley wants to suppress it ???

Skysports - Rangers: Sports Direct granted injunction ahead of EGM

Skysports - Rangers First group to back Dave King at Friday's general meeting

Skysports - Mike Ashley issues statement ahead of Rangers general meeting

I had concerns about Dave King's history in South Africa, but he has been cleared as a 'fit and proper person' by the SFA, so that is that, as far as I am concerned, so why is Ashley bringing this matter up now ???
For the record, I also voiced concerns about the Easdales, regarding their convictions in Scotland, when they became Board members.

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After calling this EGM, neither Mike Ashley nor any representatives from MASH cba turning up !

Any answers to questions raised were limited by the injunction.
The two resolutions were rejected and passed respectively, although we will have to wait until Monday next week for the official results.
There should be a decision made on the identity of Rangers' next Manager next week too.

Skysports - Rangers EGM: Directors issued with Sports Direct injunction at home

AVFC RFC SAFC

After calling this EGM, neither Mike Ashley nor any representatives from MASH cba turning up !

Any answers to questions raised were limited by the injunction.

The two resolutions were rejected and passed respectively, although we will have to wait until Monday next week for the official results.

There should be a decision made on the identity of Rangers' next Manager next week too.

Skysports - Rangers EGM: Directors issued with Sports Direct injunction at home

who do you think larry? i have a feeling they'll stick with mccall,...mibbe give mcculloch a coaching role

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

who do you think larry? i have a feeling they'll stick with mccall,...mibbe give mcculloch a coaching role

It's a tough call, Dimitri.

The underlying intention is to have a long-term plan, so this appointment will not be a 'quick fix'.

Stuart McCall did bring improvements to the play and results, but without the consistency required.

His track record with Motherwell was good, but he eventually ran out of ideas there and was honest enough with himself to recognise that and resign. I see he has retained his role with Scotland, so his stock remains high.

The Warburton-Weir partnership is intriguing, offering someone with the outsider's perspective allied to someone with the insider's perspective, respectively, a partnership that had a very good record at Brentford.

Lee McCulloch might be re-employed in his coaching role, but that will obviously depend on what the new Manager requires in his managerial and coaching set-up.

I can only go with Patrick's answer atm ... 'We just don't know.' ...

... to which we might add another of his ... 'Expect the unexpected.' !

AVFC RFC SAFC

Confirmation of the results of Rangers' EGM on Friday, June 12, 2015.

Resolution 1 (MASH) : For - 29,376,675 (46.36%) Against - 33,988,991 (53.64%)
Total votes cast on the Resolution was 63,365,666.
This represents 77.77 % of the Company’s issued share capital

Resolution 2 (RIFC) : For - 39,760,539 (62.5%) Against - 23,852,291 (37.5%)
Total votes cast on the Resolution was 63,612,830.
This represents 78.07% of the Company’s issued share capital

Rangers FC - General Meeting Voting

AVFC RFC SAFC

Archived