Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Ashley Young (2007-11)

I think Young would be stupid to turn down a move to Madrid but at the same time i think it would cost Madrid way to much. Villa arent a selling club and just like Liverpool found out in the summer, Real Madrid will find out they have to splash out.

Theres no way Real Madrid can afford Young.

They have limited funds and are after spending most of their budget on Diarra for a ridiculous 20m or whatever it was.

No chance they will have the cash for Young now.

ashley_young.jpg

(Youngs Red Card v. Sunderland)
What did you make of it?, i thought it was pretty serious from one angle, but not no bad from others. He did deserve it though, not like him really, but at the end of the day he is a human being..

I can see Milner switching to the left now and Agbonlahor playing on the right for these 3 games that Young will miss. Agbonlahor played the flanks before and done a great job, causing problems with his pace, will give Dalfounso a chance upfront for 3 games, i'm more than happy with that. If this would of been a month ago i would of been worried missing Young with Milner covering him, as Milner wasn't reaching his full potential, but he has been first rate for me in the last few games and i'm more than happy with him. We have won games without Young this season, and gone on to win them when he is taken off. Young is a quality player for us, but we have to deal without him and not rely on him like Liverpool do with Gerrard, or Chelsea with Lampard etc etc...

well Gabby is suspended to along with Luke Young they both picked up there 5th booking of the season. As for the tackle i have looked and looked at this and yes it was reckless but the player made a meal of it in my eyes. Yes it was a red Card but if he recieved yellow i think that would have been sufficient in a game that wasnt dirty and Ashley Young is not a dirty player

no doubt a red card, but then again he just really wanted that ball, and the tackle didnt look too dangerous..

with agbonlahor missing one game aswell, MoN really has to get out there and buy another striker, he should be aware that we do not have many options on the wings and on top if things like this happen.

Definetely should have been red, it doesnt matter if the game isnt dirty and he isnt tht type of player, the challenge was bad and the referee made the right decision.

Also the player making a meal of it has nothing to do with it, its late, quite high and studs are showing. It was stupid, no need to dive in where he was, stand his ground and force the player to play the ball. He will learn from it though.

Its a tough decision and tbh really depends on the mood of the ref, it could of been yellow or red unfortunatley for Young it was a red. Hes gonna miss the next three games and I think we will strugle without him these next few games.