Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Ashley Young (2007-11)

Just watching Ashley young take people on ,, beat them and put balls into box which are creating chances , oh I forgot because he won a penalty for his team against us we hate him ,, bit like the thick brummies who hated McLiesh and wanted lambert as manager .

Just watching Ashley young take people on ,, beat them and put balls into box which are creating chances , oh I forgot because he won a penalty for his team against us we hate him ,, bit like the thick brummies who hated McLiesh and wanted lambert as manager .

Wine going down well tonight, Rawly? ;-)

It's what I think ,, didn't finish work till gone 4 ,,first glass

Loyal?

who wanted Lambert when we beat Norwich at Carrow road?

only asking

It's what I think ,, didn't finish work till gone 4 ,,first glass

Fair enough. Thought you were fishing again.

Young thought he was Billy Big Bollocks, claiming from day one at Villa that he'd p*ss off to United as soon as possible. Went in the end and got found out.

Yes, we could be doing with him now but that's a sign of the decay at Villa rather than a resounding endorsement of Young's footballing abilities, in my opinion.

Loyal?

who wanted Lambert when we beat Norwich at Carrow road?

only asking

It was not aimed at anyone specific you stirring git. Lol lol

I spent last night in Brum ,,and I can honestly say broad street if full of strange ones

Fair enough. Thought you were fishing again.

Young thought he was Billy Big Bollocks, claiming from day one at Villa that he'd p*ss off to United as soon as possible. Went in the end and got found out.

Yes, we could be doing with him now but that's a sign of the decay at Villa rather than a resounding endorsement of Young's footballing abilities, in my opinion.

Can't blame him really . Yes your right Anne , the depths we have sunk to is all a bit embarresing

Can't blame him really . Yes your right Anne , the depths we have sunk to is all a bit embarresing

It's so bad I am praying a genie pops out of thon founding lamp on Monday night - and one capable of granting more than three wishes at that...

It's so bad I am praying a genie pops out of thon founding lamp on Monday night - and one capable of granting more than three wishes at that...

1. Lambert out

The other wishes are yours

Guest Morpheus

Thought Ash Young was excellent when he came on against Arsenal tonight and caused them problems.

He is still 10 times better than what we have at the moment and if Van Haal splurges the cash in January again then there might be a slight chance that we could get Ash on loan as part of any deal for Vlaar.

Whether Ash would want to come back to us is another matter entirely though?

There are a lot of unforgiving people out there and he may not be very welcome. He would have to be absolutely magical to be allowed back into the hearts of some fans. When he turned his back on Aston Villa he shut the door IMO

Guest Morpheus

True AV but if we were prepared to give Mcleish a chance then while there might be a few rumblings concerning Ash coming back I think all would be forgiven if he was able to get a few penalties in our favour.

After all according to a former manager we are a fickle lot.

Each to their own. I'm not fickle I just don't like him. He made is bed at Manure so he can lie in it. Now if we were talking Barry or Milner that would be a different story, both class acts and conducted themselves properly when leaving and still show respect to our once great club.

Guest Morpheus

Unfortunately mate I do not think we will ever see Milner or Barry in a Villa shirt again but Young might be getable on loan if they want Vlaar?

All I'm concerned about is getting the best players available into a Villa shirt to keep us in the Premiership no matter the circumstance or would you rather persist with the ineffectual Weimann or Gabby out wide?

I'd like to see ash back here but his wages would make it highly unlikely and the fact Lambert doesn't use wide players effectively .

For all his faults he is still a far better player than most of our squad .

Guest Morpheus

One would hope Viva that Manure might be persuaded to pay some of his wages letting Young play in the wide role vacated by either Gabby or Weimann.

Young feeding the beast (Benteke) would surely be a recipe for more goals and at the same time would leave us less predicable going forward.

I'd actually return Cleverley to Man U if it meant funding any deal for Young as Cleverley and Westwood are too similar for the right balance in midfield.

If Young was on the left and Gabby on the right, I could see that working. Personally, I think Cleverley could fit in well with that formation and possibly put some telling passes forward. His distribution and passing is pretty good IMO

Guest Morpheus

For me Cleverley and Westwood are just too similar and why pay another 8m for someone who is no better than what we already have?

Personally I think people watching Cleverley find it difficult to look beyond him being a former Man U player as watching him he has offered absolutely nothing more than we already have in Westwood.

It will be yet another Lambert mistake in the transfer market to make Cleverley's move permanent unless Westwood is going to be moved on which I doubt.