Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Ashley Young (2007-11)

I think Young would be stupid to turn down a move to Madrid but at the same time i think it would cost Madrid way to much. Villa arent a selling club and just like Liverpool found out in the summer, Real Madrid will find out they have to splash out.

Theres no way Real Madrid can afford Young.

They have limited funds and are after spending most of their budget on Diarra for a ridiculous 20m or whatever it was.

No chance they will have the cash for Young now.

ashley_young.jpg

(Youngs Red Card v. Sunderland)
What did you make of it?, i thought it was pretty serious from one angle, but not no bad from others. He did deserve it though, not like him really, but at the end of the day he is a human being..

I can see Milner switching to the left now and Agbonlahor playing on the right for these 3 games that Young will miss. Agbonlahor played the flanks before and done a great job, causing problems with his pace, will give Dalfounso a chance upfront for 3 games, i'm more than happy with that. If this would of been a month ago i would of been worried missing Young with Milner covering him, as Milner wasn't reaching his full potential, but he has been first rate for me in the last few games and i'm more than happy with him. We have won games without Young this season, and gone on to win them when he is taken off. Young is a quality player for us, but we have to deal without him and not rely on him like Liverpool do with Gerrard, or Chelsea with Lampard etc etc...

well Gabby is suspended to along with Luke Young they both picked up there 5th booking of the season. As for the tackle i have looked and looked at this and yes it was reckless but the player made a meal of it in my eyes. Yes it was a red Card but if he recieved yellow i think that would have been sufficient in a game that wasnt dirty and Ashley Young is not a dirty player

no doubt a red card, but then again he just really wanted that ball, and the tackle didnt look too dangerous..

with agbonlahor missing one game aswell, MoN really has to get out there and buy another striker, he should be aware that we do not have many options on the wings and on top if things like this happen.

Definetely should have been red, it doesnt matter if the game isnt dirty and he isnt tht type of player, the challenge was bad and the referee made the right decision.

Also the player making a meal of it has nothing to do with it, its late, quite high and studs are showing. It was stupid, no need to dive in where he was, stand his ground and force the player to play the ball. He will learn from it though.

Its a tough decision and tbh really depends on the mood of the ref, it could of been yellow or red unfortunatley for Young it was a red. Hes gonna miss the next three games and I think we will strugle without him these next few games.

The rules state you can't tackle with both feet off the floor or two footed so the ref had no choice really.

However it wasn't the worst one ive ever seen but Ashley is young(excuse the pun) and will learn from it.

The referee put his hand in his pocket before even looking at the player rolling around. A referee should be the one with a suspension if he doesnt send players of for doing tackles like that. Its in the rules a Irish said so he has to go.

i am sorry, it is a straight red, no question, it matters squat whether it was bad or whether a meal was made of it, Young went in with 2 feet off the ground & studs showing, the ref had no choice.

Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Young to be fined for lunge.

Martin O'Neill, the Aston Villa manager, is expected to fine Ashley Young for his two-footed challenge on Dean Whitehead that led to his sending-off at Sunderland at the weekend.

The 23-year-old winger, who is the Premier League Player of the Month, was given an immediate red card for the foul, the second straight sending-off of his career, and he now faces a fine from his club for poor discipline.

O'Neill has already set a precedent for punishing his players, fining John Carew two weeks' wages when the striker was caught in a strip club the night before the Uefa Cup match against Ajax last October. O'Neill is expected to resort to a similar punishment on this occasion.

The Villa manager has already made it clear that his greatest fears for the second half of the season are injuries and needless suspensions to his key players, saying the loss of either Young or Gabriel Agbonlahor would be "akin to Manchester United losing Cristiano Ronaldo or Wayne Rooney".

The squad is already under strain with Carew out with a back problem, and an injury setback to captain Martin Laursen, who aggravated a knee problem rushing back from injury to appear against West Bromwich Albion last week.

As such, O'Neill will be unimpressed with Young's digression, which means the forward will be suspended for three games, against either Doncaster or Cheltenham, and Portsmouth and Wigan in the League, which could be crucial to his team's aspirations for breaking into the top four this season.

O'Neill made no attempts to downplay the incident. "The last thing I want to do is start defending a sending-off offence that I have no complaints with," O'Neill said, adding that the foul was out of character for Young.

"If I am going to defend him, that is not Ashley. Once you go two-footed like that, it is a sending off.

"The referees have been clamping down and I am right behind them on those incidents even though it affected us," he added. "I am sure I will take some internal discipline."

Young - I am also to blame

Ashley Young has owned up to being as much to blame as anyone for Villa’s spring slump.

The Villa star, one of the driving forces behind Martin O’Neill’s side’s ascent into the top four of the Premier League, concedes his game has not been up to its usual high standards during their six-game winless streak.

Villa have seen their lead over fifth-placed Arsenal whittled down to just three points after one win in their last five League games and could kick-off against Tottenham on Sunday outside the Champions League qualifying spots.

But Young is confident they can turn it around – and has vowed to become the smiling assassin in their big-four cull.

He said: “The last few games I have felt disappointed with some of the performances I’ve put in. But I love football, I love the game and you will never see me stop smiling.

“The next 10 games are massive.”

Young, who was on target in Villa’s 2-0 victory in the reverse fixture, expects another open game on Sunday – and is confident that will work in Villa’s favour at Villa Park.

He said: “An open game will work to our advantage, especially with the way we counter- attack. When we play on the break we have great pace as a team.”

I like the fact that our guys admit to not having played well its quite refreshing... But lets hope he gets back to playing well asap like Sunday

Ash Young was class last night, and i think he deserves to be in the England squad. Hopefully next year he can push on and keep his form going all season and maybe get some more goals.

Why the hell does this player consistantly get overlooked when it comes to poor performances? People are quick to jump on Heskeys back but what about Young? Yes we all know what hes capable of but if hes not performing was is he still seen as the golden boy?

He was poor once again against Hull - Heskey was a much better player than Young yet Heskeys the player who was poor and Young is forgotten all about once again.

Why the hell does this player consistantly get overlooked when it comes to poor performances? People are quick to jump on Heskeys back but what about Young? Yes we all know what hes capable of but if hes not performing was is he still seen as the golden boy?

He was poor once again against Hull - Heskey was a much better player than Young yet Heskeys the player who was poor and Young is forgotten all about once again.

i disagree stu because, yes i agree ash had a shocking game and he really looks like he is getting a bit big for his boots and an ego is starting to come through the hole ive gotta beat every player on the pitch 20 times and who cares about my derlivery is a joke he needs a kick up the arse!

but stu the difference is ash put in a couple of good passes and a couple of good crosses to redeem himself, that is his job and if something comes of those then he has furfilled his role! where as heskeys job is to score goals and assist gabby and he did neither so he gets the stick!

but i do accept ash was once again very poor and id say needs dropping and bringing down a peg or two!