Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Ashley Young (2007-11)

68 posts in this topic

Gotta be one of our best talents weve got to offer, how he doesnt get in the England squad i'll never know he definately needs a chance soon. He is one of the best playmakers in the prem, hes what England need and what we're missing. Imagine Walcott and Young on the wings it would be absolutley class.

I like Ashley Young but he needs to add more to his game. 9 times out of 10 he turns onto his right foot to cross the ball and hes becoming to predictive. He needs to add a more variety of things to crossing the ball, or sometimes just cross it at the earliest available opportunity!

Id agree 100%.

No doubt hes quality and been a terrific signing for us but he still has alot to learn to be the perfect winger. Will keep getting better though.

Was it just me or was Ashley extremely poor against Lovech? Now i know the game was sewn up etc but since when did Ashley Young become Cristiano Ronaldo and stamp his feet and sulk everytime he didnt get anything?

Since when did he think he had a devine right to have every free-kick and corner? Which may i add were poor all night?

song for him:

Young scores one,

Young scores two

Young’s made a fall out of you

With a step over here, and a step over there

Young can score from anywhere.

To the tune of: nick knack paddy wack give a dog a bone

Was it just me or was Ashley extremely poor against Lovech? Now i know the game was sewn up etc but since when did Ashley Young become Cristiano Ronaldo and stamp his feet and sulk everytime he didnt get anything?

Since when did he think he had a devine right to have every free-kick and corner? Which may i add were poor all night?

Good point, ive noticed this even in league games, when we have a free kick in a good position out wide(left) Barry would be a much better taker as a left footer the ball would swing away from the keeper,far too often Young puts it right in the keepers hands

Maybe Martin is saying he wants Ashley to devolope this part of hios game incase Gareth goes in January or Next summer

One of the best signings in about 10 years..

Hope we can keep hold of him, he still hasn't signed a new contract..

Were only fans, we havent a clue what the managers saying to his player but Stu, get me a vid of Young stomping is feet or sulking and i'll believe you but tbh ive never seen him do anything of the sort.

Was you not at the Lovech game? Anyone who was there will back me up.

Nah I wasnt mate but I watched it on the live thing you linked and tbh i didnt see anything

And its easy to perform against the sides below us which Ashley has done, against the better sides in the league hes done nothing, against liverpool he was worst on pitch for us everytime he got the ball he lost it, same yesterday against chelsea did nothing

Before Ashley Young joined Villa not many teams were beneath us. He is key to what Martin O'Neill is trying to build at Villa. For me Young and Laursen were our two best players last season. Agree that he needs to add a bit more to his game, but let's not take for granted all the good things he does do. He is a class act, so important for us.

EPL PLAYER OF THE MONTH FOR SEPTEMBER 2008

He deserved it too, some people have been saying that it should have been Torres, etc.

But he performed very consistently for us and I hope it'll continue.

My favourite Villa player, he makes things happen, got two great feet and loves to attack for 90 minutes. Yes he needs to improve in some areas like many players, but it would help if he didn't have to keep changing flanks so Milner can find form..

Is it just me or was Ashley Young shockingly as poor as our second string side on Thursday?

I think Young would be stupid to turn down a move to Madrid but at the same time i think it would cost Madrid way to much. Villa arent a selling club and just like Liverpool found out in the summer, Real Madrid will find out they have to splash out.

Theres no way Real Madrid can afford Young.

They have limited funds and are after spending most of their budget on Diarra for a ridiculous 20m or whatever it was.

No chance they will have the cash for Young now.

theres only 1 team with the money for young and thats man city,

i dont see young going anywhere. why whould he want to leave a team that will be one of the worlds best in 1-2 years

ashley_young.jpg

(Youngs Red Card v. Sunderland)
What did you make of it?, i thought it was pretty serious from one angle, but not no bad from others. He did deserve it though, not like him really, but at the end of the day he is a human being..

I can see Milner switching to the left now and Agbonlahor playing on the right for these 3 games that Young will miss. Agbonlahor played the flanks before and done a great job, causing problems with his pace, will give Dalfounso a chance upfront for 3 games, i'm more than happy with that. If this would of been a month ago i would of been worried missing Young with Milner covering him, as Milner wasn't reaching his full potential, but he has been first rate for me in the last few games and i'm more than happy with him. We have won games without Young this season, and gone on to win them when he is taken off. Young is a quality player for us, but we have to deal without him and not rely on him like Liverpool do with Gerrard, or Chelsea with Lampard etc etc...

well Gabby is suspended to along with Luke Young they both picked up there 5th booking of the season. As for the tackle i have looked and looked at this and yes it was reckless but the player made a meal of it in my eyes. Yes it was a red Card but if he recieved yellow i think that would have been sufficient in a game that wasnt dirty and Ashley Young is not a dirty player