FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

avstu

Beat Norwich next week and other results go our way we could have 10 teams below us with 10 games to go, with the poor quality of the players we have i can only conclude that Paul Lambert is a managerial genius.
we won't beat Norwich.they would love to see Lambert take us down,what more incentive do you want?

wZaXfsX.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

530am kick off here in San Diego and the taps open at 6am. Perfect. Just glad we found a pub willing to open!

im pretty low after that match but if u cant laugh what can ya do :)

You can take your progress...... AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ARSE!!!!!! 1st half we looked like a football team but second half was just woeful. Newcastle were there to be dicked and we chose to play

The problems are more than just a simple #Lambertout of #Lernerout. Outside of the fan base there is a serious issue with the long term survivability and aspiration's of our club under it's current leadership. A owner that seem's not to have much passion for our club and rarely actually even goes to games, even that states a very load message to me. He is keeping faith/blind/doesn't care/hidden agenda (delete as appriorate) with Lambert, something which at first was noble in this culture of sacking manager's quickily, but now is worrying completely. I think most of us now recognise that Lambert has failings and probably is not a premiership Manager and he should go. So I think both need to go. This year more than any other we look good for relegation. This time last year we were fighting, gnawing and scrathing our way out of trouble and even then we needed Aresnal on that Tuesday to do us a favour. This year our run in is tougher and the fight is late starting. I like many will follow Villa come what may, but a Villa in the championship is a horrid thought and it's not a easy league, you just don't spring back like the old days and we need more that our history and loyal fan base to keep us up. We need a manager that can tactically out think the other. We need a manager who can motivate, drop or kick players up the backside when needed. (let's face it a fair few need that now) We need a strike force that doesn't stutter or faulter We need a owner who cares about AVFC, respects it's fans, is proud of it's history and wants history to repeat itself. All of the above is missing at the moment.
agree with your quote but most of all ATM as we are lumbered with them........WE NEED POINTS!!!!!!!!!

wZaXfsX.jpg

You can take your progress......

AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ARSE!!!!!!

1st half we looked like a football team but second half was just woeful. Newcastle were there to be dicked and we chose to play for a draw and I've never seen a team play so differently 2nd half as we did today. We couldn't do anything right.

Don't get me started on lazy Benteke, see around 50+ posts on my feelings about him, for which I normally get shot down for, (He's lazy and makes no a effort to win ball or get goal side etc etc etc.......)

So now we have Norwich, another team that he'll play for a draw and we'll get fudged over. We ARE in a relegation fight and have been since boxing day. The difference last year was we came out fighting like rabid dogs and survived in Jan/Feb/March I get the feeling we'll just collaspe this year.

If Lambert can't get passionate about playing Norwich after the sh*t they've given him then he can't get passionate about anything.

News from the away fans is about the same, and these die hard's were Lambert's last bastions of support so expect a collaspe in believe from here on in.

"Little Normandy" doesn't need a "pat on the head"....he needs some bloody fight and effort from the Villa and SOON!!!

Spot on about benteke. I was saying he was lazy last season. This season he's just lazy and can't score

mzjj.jpg

The problems are more than just a simple #Lambertout of #Lernerout.

Outside of the fan base there is a serious issue with the long term survivability and aspiration's of our club under it's current leadership. A owner that seem's not to have much passion for our club and rarely actually even goes to games, even that states a very load message to me.

He is keeping faith/blind/doesn't care/hidden agenda (delete as appriorate) with Lambert, something which at first was noble in this culture of sacking manager's quickily, but now is worrying completely. I think most of us now recognise that Lambert has failings and probably is not a premiership Manager and he should go.

So I think both need to go. This year more than any other we look good for relegation. This time last year we were fighting, gnawing and scrathing our way out of trouble and even then we needed Aresnal on that Tuesday to do us a favour. This year our run in is tougher and the fight is late starting.

I like many will follow Villa come what may, but a Villa in the championship is a horrid thought and it's not a easy league, you just don't spring back like the old days and we need more that our history and loyal fan base to keep us up.

We need a manager that can tactically out think the other.

We need a manager who can motivate, drop or kick players up the backside when needed. (let's face it a fair few need that now)

We need a strike force that doesn't stutter or faulter

We need a owner who cares about AVFC, respects it's fans, is proud of it's history and wants history to repeat itself.

All of the above is missing at the moment.

Good post man,

history and fan base means diddley squat in the modern football era,-----Leeds Pompey being fine examples

i really can,t see the footballing logic behind lambert now with 11 games to go being already offered, a wee bit premature for my liking, a further 3 years, if reports are to be believed--when he still has 18 months to run---blimey is anybody else bartering for his services,?---then again R.L. and P.F. know sweet f**k all about the great game do they!!

a lethargic cloud seems to have set in----in both players and management, and it needs lifting dam quickly---are the players really happy with their performances?,

they must be i guess, its all too much easy easy money----we now need pride and passion and commitment to come to the fore---was,nt Grant Holt brougt in not necessarily for his efforts on the pitch --but for his dressing room moral lifting too?---well Granty boy ---the time has come to earn your corn, get moving--and give us something to shout about!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Spot on about benteke. I was saying he was lazy last season. This season he's just lazy and can't score
his body language telling. Ive never seen a striker expect the ball to land at his feet with little or no effort from themselves. he doesnt run into space and rarely makes himself a nuisance without the ball. Drives me nuts.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

his body language telling. Ive never seen a striker expect the ball to land at his feet with little or no effort from themselves. he doesnt run into space and rarely makes himself a nuisance without the ball. Drives me nuts.

You obviously didn't watch bent then lol

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

You obviously didn't watch bent then lol

That's the thing mate, bent got slated. Benteke is lazy but fans love him for some reason. His touch is sh*t, he's lazy, and right now he can't score for sh*t either

mzjj.jpg

I must confess, that I haven´t really thought Benteke as a lazy player. But, after today´s "performance" my eyes opened a bit. Today he WAS lazy, no effort whatsoever, lost most of his airballs :-) and so on. I catched myself mumbling a couple of times during today´s game after I saw ball passing untouched in the areas, where there should have been someone to score.

If we survive this season, I think, this rebuild should be blown sky high. Couple of souls should be left alone, but there are quite many, who should go. Two seasons are enough to see, who lacks the needed quality, me thinks. Lambert is among them.

I voted for and wanted Roberto Martinez, but settled for Lambert as it became clear, that we won´t get Martinez. Boy, how it sucks now, what we have and what Everton have.

I must admit, that at this moment I´m really confused. I will believe, but after these recent results and the way we are playing and lacking quality, creativity, passion, you name it, I really don´t know what I should think about all of this.

There is not so many games left to salvage this sinking ship called Aston Villa. I´ll sink with it, no question about that, but if I had the chance to choose, I´d prefer us to stay afloat. Just have an awful feeling, that our captain is called Doom.

Heh, my reply turned up as a very poetic one. It´s one of those days, my friends. Can´t just help it. There are many ways to heal your wounds...

I must confess, that I haven´t really thought Benteke as a lazy player. But, after today´s "performance" my eyes opened a bit. Today he WAS lazy, no effort whatsoever, lost most of his airballs :-) and so on. I catched myself mumbling a couple of times during today´s game after I saw ball passing untouched in the areas, where there should have been someone to score.

If we survive this season, I think, this rebuild should be blown sky high. Couple of souls should be left alone, but there are quite many, who should go. Two seasons are enough to see, who lacks the needed quality, me thinks. Lambert is among them.

I voted for and wanted Roberto Martinez, but settled for Lambert as it became clear, that we won´t get Martinez. Boy, how it sucks now, what we have and what Everton have.

I must admit, that at this moment I´m really confused. I will believe, but after these recent results and the way we are playing and lacking quality, creativity, passion, you name it, I really don´t know what I should think about all of this.

There is not so many games left to salvage this sinking ship called Aston Villa. I´ll sink with it, no question about that, but if I had the chance to choose, I´d prefer us to stay afloat. Just have an awful feeling, that our captain is called Doom.

Heh, my reply turned up as a very poetic one. It´s one of those days, my friends. Can´t just help it. There are many ways to heal your wounds...

Was very poetic but a darn good read all the same!

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

That's the thing mate, bent got slated. Benteke is lazy but fans love him for some reason. His touch is sh*t, he's lazy, and right now he can't score for sh*t either

Thing is benteke actually has the ability to be a great player if he tries, bent IMO has been and always will be hugely over-rated as a footballer, his career has been judged on goal stats that are very misleading, a ridiculous price tag which should never have been paid and 1 20 goal season in the prem.

I totally agree though, benteke needs to sort it out, it's not good having the ability if you don't use it

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived