FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

avstu

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

530am kick off here in San Diego and the taps open at 6am. Perfect. Just glad we found a pub willing to open!

im pretty low after that match but if u cant laugh what can ya do :)

You can take your progress...... AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ARSE!!!!!! 1st half we looked like a football team but second half was just woeful. Newcastle were there to be dicked and we chose to play

I have held my hands up more than once and said I wanted Lambert but it hasnt worked out so time to go. Simple as.

Saying that I dont think I would sack him now. Maybe in the summer.

I'm still on two minds, he's not working out but then again I don't think any other manager would at this club, it's the club and the way it's run that's the problem not just the manager, also if we sack him now will it cause more harm than good? I think so, also I do believe heavily in the stability part of it all but then again questions have to be asked as to whether that stability should come at the expense of performance and results. We need stability and a club that can move forward at the same time. IMO we won't get any of that until we can attract a manager who will buy into a long term project and play a decent style of winning football, and we won't do that while Lerner owns the majority of the club because ultimately money rules this league.

you can do well on a mediocre prem budget and a decent Manager and stability, IMO you won't do well in the prem on a bottom end championship budget and a mediocre prem manager.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

So you don't want to get rid of lambert until learner goes, so if learner is not going any where and if rumours are true that lambert will be offered a 3 year contract then you will be ok with it ?

You have said many times it's all learners fault at to a certain degree it is but it is the manager that runs the team, decides the tactics, formation squad etc. I know lambert had to change a lot, but 18 months and £40 million in to his tenure we are the worse villa team I have seen in my 41 years, yes I do believe we are actually that crap.

Passing a football 10ft to someone in the same top as you has nothing to do with how many millions are in the chairmans bank account.

You're totally missing my point, it's not about a manager and tactics and lerners millions, it's the fact that you want a manager that will play a better style etc and IMO Lerner is totally incapable of getting one to come to the club, he had the door slammed in his face by Martinez, OGS, Benitez and god knows who else he spoke to that we don't know about, what makes you think he'll get anyone in at all let alone anyone better?? When we were waiting for a manager after houllier we almost didn't get one!!

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Which one? Summer or now?

summer. Now could bring additional problems as you still have a cushion of 4 points with little time for the new fella to adapt. reading that dressing room thread then lerner might have to make a decision earlier

Beat Norwich next week and other results go our way we could have 10 teams below us with 10 games to go, with the poor quality of the players we have i can only conclude that Paul Lambert is a managerial genius.

You're totally missing my point, it's not about a manager and tactics and lerners millions, it's the fact that you want a manager that will play a better style etc and IMO Lerner is totally incapable of getting one to come to the club, he had the door slammed in his face by Martinez, OGS, Benitez and god knows who else he spoke to that we don't know about, what makes you think he'll get anyone in at all let alone anyone better?? When we were waiting for a manager after houllier we almost didn't get one!!

It's a good point.

No good aspiring manager will come to Villa if the message from the board is cut back and survive only.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

I have just read that Lambert thought we were 'magnificent'.

This is what worries me.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I understand your point and I agree but regardless of who is in charge the players should be able to make passes to each other and then move into space not stand there and clap their hands like a little school girl saying how good I am look everyone I just passed to someone on my team. Lol.

You can't see the eyes of the demon......'till him come callin'

I understand your point and I agree but regardless of who is in charge the players should be able to make passes to each other and then move into space not stand there and clap their hands like a little school girl saying how good I am look everyone I just passed to someone on my team. Lol.

Haha - you should see Karl's Paul Lambert impression. Your description just pretty much summed up what he does lol.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

The problems are more than just a simple #Lambertout of #Lernerout.

Outside of the fan base there is a serious issue with the long term survivability and aspiration's of our club under it's current leadership. A owner that seem's not to have much passion for our club and rarely actually even goes to games, even that states a very load message to me.

He is keeping faith/blind/doesn't care/hidden agenda (delete as appriorate) with Lambert, something which at first was noble in this culture of sacking manager's quickily, but now is worrying completely. I think most of us now recognise that Lambert has failings and probably is not a premiership Manager and he should go.

So I think both need to go. This year more than any other we look good for relegation. This time last year we were fighting, gnawing and scrathing our way out of trouble and even then we needed Aresnal on that Tuesday to do us a favour. This year our run in is tougher and the fight is late starting.

I like many will follow Villa come what may, but a Villa in the championship is a horrid thought and it's not a easy league, you just don't spring back like the old days and we need more that our history and loyal fan base to keep us up.

We need a manager that can tactically out think the other.

We need a manager who can motivate, drop or kick players up the backside when needed. (let's face it a fair few need that now)

We need a strike force that doesn't stutter or faulter

We need a owner who cares about AVFC, respects it's fans, is proud of it's history and wants history to repeat itself.

All of the above is missing at the moment.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

Archived