FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Summer Transfer Talk '14

avstu

Barry would be a perfect match for Villa with his contract up may be a chance of getting him ?

Getting Grealish back is like a signing and may be Janoi Donacian is ready for his time ?

Danny Ings is a great shout, but with the imminent promotion of Burnley i cannot see that happening. May be Grabban from Bournemouth watched him a few times.

And Will Buckley at Brighton.

Read something about Thorgan Hazard. Edin's brother who is at Chelsea may be take him on loan.

More Ambitious how about Van Ginkel on a permanent or Scott Sinclair (less ambitious)

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie Nicholas said on sky sports that villa had deals in place for holtby, Barry, lukaku and coutinho. They all fell through at board level. Sickening.

If that's true, Rich, it certainly puts a bad taste in your mouth.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Charlie Nicholas said on sky sports that villa had deals in place for holtby, Barry, lukaku and coutinho. They all fell through at board level. Sickening.

I know Lambert is as good as done here, but this disproves the belief many have about his ability to spot talent. This is why I say NO manager will succeed under Lerner.

Even with his tactics we'd be much better off this year had those deals gone through. I thought Gylfi Sigurdson was one too.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

This is why I stick my the fact that nothing will change with a change of manager.

Gotta be difficult to motivate people if you're like "look lads I'm gen coutinho in and briging Barry back and and tellers I'm getting your mate lukaku I give you a hand. Then a few weeks later in walks helanius and bacuna

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

This is why I stick my the fact that nothing will change with a change of manager.

Gotta be difficult to motivate people if you're like "look lads I'm gen coutinho in and briging Barry back and and tellers I'm getting your mate lukaku I give you a hand. Then a few weeks later in walks helanius and bacuna

A better manager, regardless of what team he has at his disposal, can motivate them. Look at pulis at palace. Magath had a terrible start but now they've got more chance of staying up than Norwich, poyet dragged Sunderland from the bottom momentarily out but now they're back in. But it goes to show what motivation can do even with the same group of players as your predecessor.

mzjj.jpg

A better manager, regardless of what team he has at his disposal, can motivate them. Look at pulis at palace. Magath had a terrible start but now they've got more chance of staying up than Norwich, poyet dragged Sunderland from the bottom momentarily out but now they're back in. But it goes to show what motivation can do even with the same group of players as your predecessor.

Yeah that's a manager walking into a club that he has no influence over playing staff, the players will be motivated by getting into the squad. If it's true and lambert has lined up some decent buys and the board have stopped them then what type of message does that send out to the players? They would have known what lambert was trying probably and for it to blow up in his face it just shows that he has no real control over the team and it's ability to push on to that next level. Basically the board are saying "you're a lower prem league team and that's where you'll stay"

Also of this is true could it go to explaining the benteke situation? Could benteke have been swayed into staying by these links and apparent deals and for it not to happen it could explain his lack of desire. You never know

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Motivate for some better results? Sure. He wouldn't achieve any real success though. Isn't that we want? To be the top 4 challengers we were under MON? You can't due that signing Tonev instead Holtby, Helenius instead of Lukaku, or KEA instead of Barry. That's the damage this board has done.

It's not like those players went to bigger clubs. We got beat out by Everton who at the beginning of the season some were expecting a real struggle, and Fulham who have been in the relegation zone all year. If deals were struck, then it wasn't the manager who killed it or couldn't attract them, it was the board that couldn't pull the trigger.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Yeah that's a manager walking into a club that he has no influence over playing staff, the players will be motivated by getting into the squad. If it's true and lambert has lined up some decent buys and the board have stopped them then what type of message does that send out to the players? They would have known what lambert was trying probably and for it to blow up in his face it just shows that he has no real control over the team and it's ability to push on to that next level. Basically the board are saying "you're a lower prem league team and that's where you'll stay"

Also of this is true could it go to explaining the benteke situation? Could benteke have been swayed into staying by these links and apparent deals and for it not to happen it could explain his lack of desire. You never know

But who bought those players in the first place?!! If he can't motivate his oam players then hr sshould really walk away from football right now

mzjj.jpg

Archived