FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Summer Transfer Talk '14

avstu

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why ?

Why? Because Vlaar is an outstanding defender who, when part of a good team, surrounded by players of his quality of even better and with high confidence, can become an integral part of almost any team, and even for a team like United he could be a very valuable back-up player, if not more.

LvG knows that too well, as Vlaar is also a very important part of the Dutch national team, and their back-line, currently coached by LvG.

Why? Because Vlaar is an outstanding defender who, when part of a good team, surrounded by players of his quality of even better and with high confidence, can become an integral part of almost any team, and even for a team like United he could be a very valuable back-up player, if not more. LvG knows that too well, as Vlaar is also a very important part of the Dutch national team, and their back-line, currently coached by LvG.
And I am George Clooney

funniest.gif

Don't get the hump mate ,, it's just my opinion

I know. It's just that I get annoyed when people (generally speaking) are moaning about everyone after a bad game or two even though it was them who kept us that far up in the table that long in the first place. Vlaar, Guzan, Kozak, El Ahmadi; I fail to understand the criticism these lads got over the last couple of month. Especially Kozak; he never got a fair chance simply because he is a striker and everyone was waiting for a midfielder at the time he came in. That's not his fault, his efforts on the pitch and the goals that came with it were so vital to us, but nobody seems to care.

There are players who need a good talking to (criticism and support), e.g. Baker, Bacuna, Agbonlahor, Weimann, but nobody in our squad deserves the treatment they are getting from some at the moment. On the other hand it can be argued whether the fans deserve the displays they are currently looking at but that's a different story.

I know. It's just that I get annoyed when people (generally speaking) are moaning about everyone after a bad game or two even though it was them who kept us that far up in the table that long in the first place. Vlaar, Guzan, Kozak, El Ahmadi; I fail to understand the criticism these lads got over the last couple of month. Especially Kozak; he never got a fair chance simply because he is a striker and everyone was waiting for a midfielder at the time he came in. That's not his fault, his efforts on the pitch and the goals that came with it were so vital to us, but nobody seems to care. There are players who need a good talking to (criticism and support), e.g. Baker, Bacuna, Agbonlahor, Weimann, but nobody in our squad deserves the treatment they are getting from some at the moment. On the other hand it can be argued whether the fans deserve the displays they are currently looking at but that's a different story.
"Whether the fans deserve the displays they are currently looking at..." Brilliant!

"Whether the fans deserve the displays they are currently looking at..." Brilliant!

I think it's obvious what that is supposed to mean. I just don't like the fact that only a few try to bring forward constructive feedback. Not that our club officials are very keen on listening to it but it is worth a try imo. Could get us further than the insults were are hearing and reading almost everywhere atm. Has it changed anything? No, it hasn't! So maybe it's time for something different. My opinion.

I think it's obvious what that is supposed to mean. I just don't like the fact that only a few try to bring forward constructive feedback. Not that our club officials are very keen on listening to it but it is worth a try imo. Could get us further than the insults were are hearing and reading almost everywhere atm. Has it changed anything? No, it hasn't! So maybe it's time for something different. My opinion.
Regardless of whether we scream abuse at the club or send polite love letters containing our thoughts, the club will not listen. Also, the club has had the backing of the fans consistently the past few seasons and the football has got progressively worse. So how you come to the conclusion that we maybe deserve these 'performances' is beyond me.

Regardless of whether we scream abuse at the club or send polite love letters containing our thoughts, the club will not listen. Also, the club has had the backing of the fans consistently the past few seasons and the football has got progressively worse. So how you come to the conclusion that we maybe deserve these 'performances' is beyond me.

I thought it was clear enough that there was sarcasm included. Or do you really think that I am of the opinion that we should be watching this week and week out?

Hopefully not ...

The players don't deserve the current treatment but we don't deserve these displays.

Archived