avstu

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bacuna is so much more comfortable at rb than lowton who is so slow

As much as I love Villa Park and that feeling when I first see the Holte Steps and then walk up them.... What happens once im through the doors is not ideal!!

Absolutely shocking mr lambert . Progress my arse

What annoyed me yesterday was the way bacuna played. Pass, then stop? WTF??? needs to be making his runs not stopping as it looks like he hsnt got a f**cking clue. Time and again he failed to get in a good position. The passing across the field then going backwards is pointless. Also, once again, nobody is looking. Out on the right we have space, so we pass to the left and vice versa. Cross in and nobody there as gabby and benteke are to far back. Gabby was nowhere near match fit and he should have come on as a sub, had weimann moved forward and f**cking PLAY HELENIUS in weimanns role FFS. We bought him, please play him!!! But then again, big dee, a no legged tramp and a vegetable with drawn on legs would have played better. Why super marc didnt start is beyond me. But least we didnt have to suffer KEA yesterday.

Without a doubt we are a sh*t team........what do they do in training all week?

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

Well said mate ^^^^^ spot on.

It's almost as if when they pass a ball they stop to admire themselves rather than try to get into a position to receive the ball back

I can't understand the helanus situation either, why bring on holt ?? They may both be sh*t but at least helanus is our sh*t not some loaned sh*t.

I do actually think he could come good given a run in the team.

You can't see the eyes of the demon......'till him come callin'

Well said mate ^^^^^ spot on.

It's almost as if when they pass a ball they stop to admire themselves rather than try to get into a position to receive the ball back

I can't understand the helanus situation either, why bring on holt ?? They may both be sh*t but at least helanus is our sh*t not some loaned sh*t.

I do actually think he could come good given a run in the team.

Said exactly the same to bloke next to me. Its as if they get up there and think 'now what am I supposed to do'. Unintelligent players who are tactically inept. I can see what Benteke tries to do being so far back as it is similar to Rooney, especially when rooney is in the national squad: play in other players with cheeky balls and one twos but it doesnt work for him and he looks fed up most of the time. However with him being so green and with a team geared up to play him in the air with his height advantage, he needs spoon feeding from an already shocking midfield and whenever he does get forward, he gets offside. He lost possession late in the first half and instead of back tracking, he held his head in his hands........He also was not heavily marked yesterday as I expected him to be mobbed like when we played cardiff and sunderland.

The only plus is that we were attacking and we were unlucky with 3 clear chances on goal. Happens. But time to knuckle down and get some points on the table. Be my last game for a while. Prob Fulham at home (complete the gift fairy trilogy as last game prior to yday was palace at home). Will wear last seasons shirt as my nike shirt brings me no luck!

Dont like being called stupid, call me something I am and I don't mind but I am not stupid !!

ill call ya whatever i like!!!!!!!! lol

i know what ya mean but pinch of salt mate. some folks can be very serious over the politics of football :)

newcomer.png

ill call ya whatever i like!!!!!!!! lol i know what ya mean but pinch of salt mate. some folks can be very serious over the politics of football :)
Lol, just don't call me a jock either Stevo, only Dimitri can do that lol

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Said exactly the same to bloke next to me. Its as if they get up there and think 'now what am I supposed to do'. Unintelligent players who are tactically inept. I can see what Benteke tries to do being so far back as it is similar to Rooney, especially when rooney is in the national squad: play in other players with cheeky balls and one twos but it doesnt work for him and he looks fed up most of the time. However with him being so green and with a team geared up to play him in the air with his height advantage, he needs spoon feeding from an already shocking midfield and whenever he does get forward, he gets offside. He lost possession late in the first half and instead of back tracking, he held his head in his hands........He also was not heavily marked yesterday as I expected him to be mobbed like when we played cardiff and sunderland.

The only plus is that we were attacking and we were unlucky with 3 clear chances on goal. Happens. But time to knuckle down and get some points on the table. Be my last game for a while. Prob Fulham at home (complete the gift fairy trilogy as last game prior to yday was palace at home). Will wear last seasons shirt as my nike shirt brings me no luck!

it's been a problem since the start of the season. it is like there is a invisible line they've been told not to cross....been bangin the overlapping drum all season as it does my head in we don't run on after passing the ball. This to me HAS to be a instruction from Lambert. Even school boys know the rule 1 "pass and move" so i dont buy into the notion the players are not good enough to do this. they are being told not to.

A while back lambert was quoted as saying something along the lines of its better not to lose then to try and win. this is why i think the football is dire. He's afraid to lose trying to win.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

it's been a problem since the start of the season. it is like there is a invisible line they've been told not to cross....been bangin the overlapping drum all season as it does my head in we don't run on after passing the ball. This to me HAS to be a instruction from Lambert. Even school boys know the rule 1 "pass and move" so i dont buy into the notion the players are not good enough to do this. they are being told not to.

A while back lambert was quoted as saying something along the lines of its better not to lose then to try and win. this is why i think the football is dire. He's afraid to lose trying to win.

but thats exactly it, even lowton has came out ans said we are not gonna go forward unless we are sure something is on. the football tactics are strange to say the least but if we are to soak up the pressure like we did against everton defending i admire that, but like the everton game too sometimes u get caught and end up losing anyways.

the amount of times we do go forward and get caught at the back though in my eyes is the reason we dont go forward as much. like last season it was basicly we are gonna start 1-0down in games and then try out score teams. i prefer that do or die by the sword type of football myself.

i think it was fergie that said, if u are 2-1 down at injury time, u are better off trying to get a draw at all costs even if it means that u end up losing 3-1, as that point could be vital at the end of the season.

newcomer.png

I have posted elsewhere that I reckon it is that 'afraid to lose' that is the problem. The players look like they are lacking in confidence to go beyond that invisible line. Regardless of the reason, it is frustrating to watch especially when you can see players screaming out for the ball and not having it delivered.

Archived