FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Told You So!!

Loyalvillan

As far as I'm concerned survival is the goal again, not league position. I'm happy being patient while the rebuilding happens and I'm not going to pop an anti-depressant after a loss, I'm convinced that our resurgence is going to occur quickly and it'll be down to the right signings rather than the right amount. Lambert is the man for the job, and if Lerner is being legitimately portrayed in the statements released about him not selling then he could very well be the right owner.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's borderline embarrasing for a mod to create a topic like this when the season isnt even over, yet he then wants to ridicule ak for having an opinion over Gabby.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

As far as I'm concerned survival is the goal again, not league position. I'm happy being patient while the rebuilding happens and I'm not going to pop an anti-depressant after a loss, I'm convinced th

As far as I'm concerned survival is the goal again, not league position. I'm happy being patient while the rebuilding happens and I'm not going to pop an anti-depressant after a loss, I'm convinced that our resurgence is going to occur quickly and it'll be down to the right signings rather than the right amount. Lambert is the man for the job, and if Lerner is being legitimately portrayed in the statements released about him not selling then he could very well be the right owner.

at least i am not on my own!

The key word is patience here, Lambert is only 18 months onto one of the hardest jobs in the league imo!

What he is doing has never been done before but it is the best option for Clubs in our position, i think NVF asked if we could become the next Leeds or Forest?? this is not going to happen simply because the last 2 years have been hard but we finally are near to having our finances in order and becoming a very healthy business.

the payments this year will solidify our finances and allow us to really build on the "foundations" that have been put in place!, the word foundations must have significant meaning as it suggests we are no where near where we want to be but with some quality additions to our squad (and only 2 or 3 are needed ) we can become a very formidable force!!

Sign Bertrand on a perm deal and we will have the basis of a excellent back four even though the RB slot seems a constant issue!

The No10 player is still needed but with Nzogbia coming back we only need 1 addition in this area to improve the team no end!

Attack wise we are ok but Weinmann needs to start scoring regularly and Heleanius needs to sort himself out and impress in training to deserve a placxe in the squad!

we have been joint 2nd in the highest amount of injuries in the league for most of the season, this has to be taken into account!

Lambert has a plan, and we need to understand that the project will and has been painful at times, and Shaun Teale himself said this and that it is not NORMAL for Fans to have this mindset, lets break the mold and stick with Lambert and back the lads! the improvement is there even if it is not as quick as many would like!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

i hate footy forums after a defeat,...fans can be so fickle,..the villa job is probaly one of the hardest in teh premiership in recent yrs
Fans are fickle ..supporters are realists

funniest.gif

Fans are fickle ..supporters are realists

il give you yer due at least yer consistant lol,...this place is night & day when villa win or lose,...not just this forum but most footy forums,..im also a supporter & a ST holder maybe not for villa but who's gonni do a better job really whilst lerners in charge ye all wanted mid table this year anyway,

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

il give you yer due at least yer consistant lol,...this place is night & day when villa win or lose,...not just this forum but most footy forums,..im also a supporter & a ST holder maybe not for villa but who's gonni do a better job really whilst lerners in charge ye all wanted mid table this year anyway,
I'm not fickle ,,I just dont like lambert lol . Mid table ,,yes .. Lambert no .

funniest.gif

It's nothing personal ,, he is a nice bloke . I just think his football is awfull

some of the football has been dire to watch the games ive seen,.. but they can play when they want too as weve seen against arsenal,chelsea & liverpool even grinding out results when playing pretty sh*t like the recent southampton game lol,...villa are 3 players away from being a good/decent side imo instead of buying quantity lerner should splash the cash on quality in the summer its a slow progress & i have every faith in lambert as ive said the villa job is one of te toughest in the premiership as you have high expectations ever since the glory days of the early 80s & quite rightly so,..but villa are where they are just now they dont have some multi-billionare owner,..lamberts 1st season was stability,2nd season mid table at least give him his 3rd season to see what he wants to bring to the club,..i know its easy for me to say as i dont go to the games or spend teh money on tickets/travel etc but just opinion

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Archived