avstu

Fabian Delph

285 posts in this topic

He hasent done a downing hes still at the club and we are still in talks with him over a new deal!

Can you honestly say that you are confident he will stay?

If we don't sell him and he leaves for free in the summer (along with Vlarr), it will confirm everything that is being said about Lambert. Both him and Vlaar want to leave and do you really want a player that is still leaving his options open for another club?

As a manager, he should be thinking what us best for Aston Villa.

We need money to buy players, he has got the opportunity to get a possible £15 to £20 million for both (if we are lucky).

Sell them and learn from the mistake.

One thing he could do for Aston villa if he really gave two hoots, is sign a new contract but with a minimum fee release clause that the club agree too, thus granting him the move and us the bucks we deserve for backing him all these years.

On the other hand he could be a complete t**t and leave for nothing, time will tell on this one!

One thing he could do for Aston villa if he really gave two hoots, is sign a new contract but with a minimum fee release clause that the club agree too, thus granting him the move and us the bucks we deserve for backing him all these years.

On the other hand he could be a complete t**t and leave for nothing, time will tell on this one!

thats right mate ,,,,,,,,,,isnt that what gareth bale done before leaving spurs

he should do that ,,,,,,,,,,or even sign a new contract and stay

but its becoming completely obvious now that he will be a complete t**t and leave for nothing

thats right mate ,,,,,,,,,,isnt that what gareth bale done before leaving spurs

he should do that ,,,,,,,,,,or even sign a new contract and stay

but its becoming completely obvious now that he will be a complete t**t and leave for nothing

Yup, time will tell but I'm thinking he will leave for nothing as I don't think he's done enough to warrant a club moving in for him in January. In typical fashion he will get his form and fitness back at the villa and f*ck off for nothing...

It's obvious that Lambert has no idea what the players want. If he had a good relationship with the players he could have foreseen this and put strategies into place. As usual we are too late.

No chance of Delph signing a new contract in my opinion - wise to cash in now rather than lose him on a free.

Gerrard's replacement at plop maybe?

However if Delph wants to run down his contract and then pick up a big signing on fee there really is not a lot the club can do about it.

read the article,funny how he says "there are a few bits"wtf! More bits of crap he will sign,can't be trusted with any amount of cash! 1st buy,£8 mil for Cleverly.then he says"chairman is relaxed" wtf? That's why he ain't sacked this t**t,if he was on edge and worried about where we are going he would of acted a season ago! Lambert out.......

Chairman couldn't give a toss - fox is a yes man and lambert will still be here even if relegated - time fans turned on him as he's had far too easy a ride !

If a 15m bid came in for both Vlaar and Delph I'd snap their hands off due to the players contract situation.

We already have an able replacement in Okore for Vlaar with Senderos and Baker to come back so with Lambert probably blowing most of our January budget on Cleverley (please no Lambert) we could use that 15m to bring in a goal scoring midfielder and a wide man to replace the ineffectual Weimann.

My only concern is that if we do let both aforementioned players go will Lambert be given all of the money to re-invest in the team again?

Maverick, I would be surprised if we got £15 million for those two. Guess it depends how desperate potential buyers are but seems unlikely to me. Doubt we would get more than £3 million, on a good day, for Vlaar and Delph isn't worth £12 million, in my opinion.

I would take £10m for the pair rather than lose them for nothing in the summer.

I would take £10m for the pair rather than lose them for nothing in the summer.

Definitely but reports, for what they are worth, suggest Lambert's told them to forget January moves.

Lambert is going to say this though in the hope that the offers get upped, he isn't going to say that the door is open for them to leave as clubs will put in lower offers. The best thing that can happen is Man UTD come in for Vlaar and we can just say that we will swap him for Cleverley. If Delph has turned down a 50K a week contract then he will certainly be leaving.

Lambert is going to say this though in the hope that the offers get upped, he isn't going to say that the door is open for them to leave as clubs will put in lower offers. The best thing that can happen is Man UTD come in for Vlaar and we can just say that we will swap him for Cleverley. If Delph has turned down a 50K a week contract then he will certainly be leaving.

agree apollo i would like delph to stay but if we get a bidding war for his services and around £8-10 mil i think even that would be hard to turn down considering the situation. I only accept this if the money goes towards the kitty on other transfers but knowing lerner he will sanction the move for cleverley and that will be it. Vlaar i think we can afford to let go now as i feel more confident with clark and okore and also senderos will be back soon. The main question i feel is are these players essential to us staying in the league and im sure lambert will think the same and if so their contracts may be allowed to run down. The loss on vlaar and delph is nothing finacially to staying in the league and i feel lambert and lerner will know this but it is lerner i worry about most in this situation as he obviously wants his money back.

As much as i want Delph to stay, he has apparently turned down 50k, if we offer him more then Benteke will want more, then Guzan, then Okore and so on. Bye Delph

As much as i want Delph to stay, he has apparently turned down 50k, if we offer him more then Benteke will want more, then Guzan, then Okore and so on. Bye Delph

50k a week is a good offer i would have thought ?. The greed in football is disgusting and makes me disillusioned with the game even more so. Their needs to be a wage cap implemented so players like delph who are an average player in the premier league dont take the p*ss with their demands.

50k a week is a good offer i would have thought ?. The greed in football is disgusting and makes me disillusioned with the game even more so. Their needs to be a wage cap implemented so players like delph who are an average player in the premier league dont take the p*ss with their demands.

Exactly, as much as i rate Delph, for 50k a week at his age would be too much as he really doesnt offer that much. He would be asking for a wage rise again in a couple of years to what? 65k? 70k?

He is vital to us surviving so we must keep him till the end of the season. Hope the scouts are looking for his replacement already

Chairman couldn't give a toss - fox is a yes man and lambert will still be here even if relegated - time fans turned on him as he's had far too easy a ride !

If we don't beat Palace tomorrow they will IMO .

If a 15m bid came in for both Vlaar and Delph I'd snap their hands off due to the players contract situation.

We already have an able replacement in Okore for Vlaar with Senderos and Baker to come back so with Lambert probably blowing most of our January budget on Cleverley (please no Lambert) we could use that 15m to bring in a goal scoring midfielder and a wide man to replace the ineffectual Weimann.

My only concern is that if we do let both aforementioned players go will Lambert be given all of the money to re-invest in the team again?

The majority of his signings have been good, though, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

My concern would be that Randy only allows what's already agreed on transfers, but, imo, I can't see that happening.

Vlaar is going nowhere until the summer, unless we can fob him off on manure in return for Cleverly. He's holding out for his last big payday. Delph on the other hand would move but as we'd probably get no more than 4 or 5 million I can't see us selling, we'll just let him go on a free in the summer. If someone was to offer even 8 million I would snap their han off, he's a good player but we've survived when he's been injured, he's suspended now and will more than likely be out for at least another couple of weeks, more likely 3 or 4, before the end of the season

Obviously they are taking the p*ss and seeing who else is interested. I really hate Spurs and this has just added insult to injury. I hope Liverpool come in with 5 million to up the anti on them. Lets hope we get a decent figure for him and not lose out. Bye Bye Delphy!!

I agree mate they are if it is cash only but if they included a player plus like Lennon or dembele maybe Villa would consider it. We are better keeping him if that is the best they can come up with and I hate spurs by the way. I feel he will go to liverpool on a free in the summer and become gerrards replacement and hopefully flop their like downing did not that I'm bitter lol

i cant believe delph turned down a 50k a week contract.

We stuck by him and he shows no loyalty.

When Bale was on the verge of signing for Real he was going into the last 6 months of his contract, he then signed a new one with spurs but with a buy out clause - surely delph owes us that, a new contract with a buy out clause of 8/10 million then he would still sell and we at least get a better price.

I would sell him now to the highest bidder.