Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Fabian Delph

I don't think it is a good deal for us. We need players that want to play for Aston Villa. He is just being off loaded cause he isn't performing at Spurs. The only good thing would be that it could keep Benteke happy to have a mate at the club. If we can't get money for Delph then yes do the deal. Perhaps this interest by Spurs may up the price from Liverpool etc for Delph.

I agree with this to an extent, but let's remember Carew was a player swap deal with baros

I agree with this to an extent, but let's remember Carew was a player swap deal with baros

Last swap deal we did we ended up with bloody Ireland!

actually, forget what i said, i agree with Rich!! lol

actually, forget what i said, i agree with Rich!! lol

:lol: given another 5 year contract I'm sure you'd have learned to love him

:lol: given another 5 year contract I'm sure you'd have learned to love him

I very much doubt i would ever raise my opinion of Ireland above Pond scum!!

Back to Delph, i am utterly disgusted at him right now, and before anyone says you cant blame him no-one told him to do a Downing!!

Would rather send him on his way asap and replace!

I very much doubt i would ever raise my opinion of Ireland above Pond scum!!

Back to Delph, i am utterly disgusted at him right now, and before anyone says you cant blame him no-one told him to do a Downing!!

Would rather send him on his way asap and replace!

He hasent done a downing hes still at the club and we are still in talks with him over a new deal!

He hasent done a downing hes still at the club and we are still in talks with him over a new deal!

if he was staying he would have signed it by now

It's been ongoing for months now. If he was planning on leaving, then he could have done a bale and signed a new contract so we get the best value for him possible. Now he'll likely leave for nothing

Can you honestly say that you are confident he will stay?

If we don't sell him and he leaves for free in the summer (along with Vlarr), it will confirm everything that is being said about Lambert. Both him and Vlaar want to leave and do you really want a player that is still leaving his options open for another club?

As a manager, he should be thinking what us best for Aston Villa.

We need money to buy players, he has got the opportunity to get a possible £15 to £20 million for both (if we are lucky).

Sell them and learn from the mistake.

One thing he could do for Aston villa if he really gave two hoots, is sign a new contract but with a minimum fee release clause that the club agree too, thus granting him the move and us the bucks we deserve for backing him all these years.

On the other hand he could be a complete t**t and leave for nothing, time will tell on this one!

One thing he could do for Aston villa if he really gave two hoots, is sign a new contract but with a minimum fee release clause that the club agree too, thus granting him the move and us the bucks we deserve for backing him all these years.

On the other hand he could be a complete t**t and leave for nothing, time will tell on this one!

thats right mate ,,,,,,,,,,isnt that what gareth bale done before leaving spurs

he should do that ,,,,,,,,,,or even sign a new contract and stay

but its becoming completely obvious now that he will be a complete t**t and leave for nothing

thats right mate ,,,,,,,,,,isnt that what gareth bale done before leaving spurs

he should do that ,,,,,,,,,,or even sign a new contract and stay

but its becoming completely obvious now that he will be a complete t**t and leave for nothing

Yup, time will tell but I'm thinking he will leave for nothing as I don't think he's done enough to warrant a club moving in for him in January. In typical fashion he will get his form and fitness back at the villa and f*ck off for nothing...

It's obvious that Lambert has no idea what the players want. If he had a good relationship with the players he could have foreseen this and put strategies into place. As usual we are too late.

Guest Morpheus

Gerrard's replacement at plop maybe?

However if Delph wants to run down his contract and then pick up a big signing on fee there really is not a lot the club can do about it.

read the article,funny how he says "there are a few bits"wtf! More bits of crap he will sign,can't be trusted with any amount of cash! 1st buy,£8 mil for Cleverly.then he says"chairman is relaxed" wtf? That's why he ain't sacked this t**t,if he was on edge and worried about where we are going he would of acted a season ago! Lambert out.......

Chairman couldn't give a toss - fox is a yes man and lambert will still be here even if relegated - time fans turned on him as he's had far too easy a ride !