Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Fabian Delph

He never does seem in full control of the ball

when he does his little quick sharp turns he worries me! like you say, never seems in total control of the ball!

and when he does lose the ball it is in a critical position, but on the whole a great player for us this season

Every player makes mistakes and every player has a bad day. Delph is a top quality player with a very good engine.

Delph was at fault for the 2nd goal!! his attempted trickery has always worried me! ask B6!

Yes it was his fault, I think Delph has been our best player all season then he score an O/G and costs us against Spammers lol

I think we forget that even though Delph has been with us for a while and he's not our youngest player he came to us when he was pretty young and got injured and was out for a while so in essence he is still early on in his career and learning, if he was performing like he is now the season after we signed him we would be raving about him. No doubt he has been the best player in a poor team this season but IMO he'll get much better once he gets some better players around him, we need to get a new contract sorted for him and keep him while this "project" is carried out lose him and it's just another huge step back.

I think we forget that even though Delph has been with us for a while and he's not our youngest player he came to us when he was pretty young and got injured and was out for a while so in essence he is still early on in his career and learning, if he was performing like he is now the season after we signed him we would be raving about him. No doubt he has been the best player in a poor team this season but IMO he'll get much better once he gets some better players around him, we need to get a new contract sorted for him and keep him while this "project" is carried out lose him and it's just another huge step back.

agreed

Good to see him starting to come round as a player. Little more quality in the MF around him and look out....

Though I agree he never does seem 100% in controL!

here here , can,t argue with that,

could be wrong but has he calmed down a wee bit?----i dont recall a recent yellow card!

keep up the good work Fabian-----a bit of quality around him----and watch the lad blossom.

Good to see him starting to come round as a player. Little more quality in the MF around him and look out.... Though I agree he never does seem 100% in controL!
100% is tough to achieve is it not ? Lol . Benteke must be at 1% . But of course he's brilliant . Lol