Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Fabian Delph

Loyalvillan    584

He never does seem in full control of the ball

when he does his little quick sharp turns he worries me! like you say, never seems in total control of the ball!

and when he does lose the ball it is in a critical position, but on the whole a great player for us this season

Apollo    159

Every player makes mistakes and every player has a bad day. Delph is a top quality player with a very good engine.

B6!    631

Delph was at fault for the 2nd goal!! his attempted trickery has always worried me! ask B6!

Yes it was his fault, I think Delph has been our best player all season then he score an O/G and costs us against Spammers lol

Skyba    246

I think we forget that even though Delph has been with us for a while and he's not our youngest player he came to us when he was pretty young and got injured and was out for a while so in essence he is still early on in his career and learning, if he was performing like he is now the season after we signed him we would be raving about him. No doubt he has been the best player in a poor team this season but IMO he'll get much better once he gets some better players around him, we need to get a new contract sorted for him and keep him while this "project" is carried out lose him and it's just another huge step back.

Loyalvillan    584

I think we forget that even though Delph has been with us for a while and he's not our youngest player he came to us when he was pretty young and got injured and was out for a while so in essence he is still early on in his career and learning, if he was performing like he is now the season after we signed him we would be raving about him. No doubt he has been the best player in a poor team this season but IMO he'll get much better once he gets some better players around him, we need to get a new contract sorted for him and keep him while this "project" is carried out lose him and it's just another huge step back.

agreed

Peever    238

Good to see him starting to come round as a player. Little more quality in the MF around him and look out....

Though I agree he never does seem 100% in controL!

freddy    155

here here , can,t argue with that,

could be wrong but has he calmed down a wee bit?----i dont recall a recent yellow card!

keep up the good work Fabian-----a bit of quality around him----and watch the lad blossom.

Rawly1966    167
Good to see him starting to come round as a player. Little more quality in the MF around him and look out.... Though I agree he never does seem 100% in controL!
100% is tough to achieve is it not ? Lol . Benteke must be at 1% . But of course he's brilliant . Lol

Reports of spurs intrested in a swap deal for dembele thoughts?

spurs players are toxic, so only cash if u ask me.

they have good players but none of them give it there all for spurs which in my head would say they aint gonna give it there all for villa either

spurs players are toxic, so only cash if u ask me.

they have good players but none of them give it there all for spurs which in my head would say they aint gonna give it there all for villa either

I agree jermaine jenas springs to mind what a awful deal we got. Walker was great though but we all knew he was going back there. I would say stay clear of spurs just because of levy the bloke irritates me.

I agree jermaine jenas springs to mind what a awful deal we got. Walker was great though but we all knew he was going back there. I would say stay clear of spurs just because of levy the bloke irritates me.

every time i see levy on the tv, i think of the old show ThunderBirds lol. dont ask my why musta looked like one of the puppets lol

Ave    33

Dembele was pretty good at Fulham. Not a terrible deal by any means.

every time i see levy on the tv, i think of the old show ThunderBirds lol. dont ask my why musta looked like one of the puppets lol

Lol except he pulls the strings at spurs I will give him some respect though that deal for bale was amazing shame they wasted most of the money on trash. If only we had that sort of money lambert would probably squander most of it. Most of his signings bar a few have not worked out to be good investments. I could be wrong if he was give a decent kitty though?

Perth Villan    76

I don't think it is a good deal for us. We need players that want to play for Aston Villa. He is just being off loaded cause he isn't performing at Spurs. The only good thing would be that it could keep Benteke happy to have a mate at the club. If we can't get money for Delph then yes do the deal. Perhaps this interest by Spurs may up the price from Liverpool etc for Delph.

Perth Villan    76

Perhaps Mini-Me from Austin Powers?

AVFC nigel    29

I don't think it is a good deal for us. We need players that want to play for Aston Villa. He is just being off loaded cause he isn't performing at Spurs. The only good thing would be that it could keep Benteke happy to have a mate at the club. If we can't get money for Delph then yes do the deal. Perhaps this interest by Spurs may up the price from Liverpool etc for Delph.

That's the problem with swaps.

The player coming the other way might not be keen on the move, so he might not be bothered about performance. (see Steven Ireland as an example)

You're right on the Benteke front, though. Having a mate there might be a good thing for both.