avstu

Fabian Delph

285 posts in this topic

Ha. Not being sensitive at all and in fact I agree with the bolded part of your post.

The issue isn't whether Delph is as good as the aforementioned players. The issue is if he leaves (and it's not set in stone yet) he will be leaving for the exact same reasons as the above players and that was clearly the point of my post.

Delph wil probably play about as much as Milner did yet try telling Milner that he didn't deserve his medals because he played less than the others.

Look at it another way. Would Milner, Young, Barry and Yorke have won and earned as much if they had stayed at our club? That's why some of us need to have a dose of reality with our cornflakes and stop blaming the player every time he wants to better himself because in the same position 99% of us would do the same.

I must be part of the 1% Morph. It must be such a struggle to survive on £60,000 per week. Gone are the days when players wanted to play for the name of the club. They Follow the Money. I stick by my original comments that have been the same all along. Delph is an average player. He needs to find some extra skills and mature pretty quick, because I can't see him hanging onto that Captains badge. And let's remember one thing, he was considering moving even though he says "He loves the Villa". No doubt I will get some stick for this, but I don't think Delph is as good as some people say he is. I'm not bothered if he stays or goes.

I honestly don't know how stupid these people on twitter think everyone are. One minute everyone is on the media bandwagon claiming delph is about to have a medical then when the statement is released he's suddenly had a change of mind. IMO there was never a deal on the table that he was considering. Can we really believe that city offered him twice as much but he turned them down because of the fans backlash. Media and twitter itk's really p*ss me off because like everyone else they really know f*ck all

So is Micah Richards sh*t stirring by saying Delph was enquiring about Man City?

Rodney Marsh (former Man City and QPR) has said, "If Delph is so loyal, why is he even considering offers in the first place". Have to agree with Rodney on this one.

When Gerrard was considering Chelsea and decided against the move no one questioned his loyalty to Liverpool.

In fact it made him more of a hero

He's staying. Was he ever going? We don't know and he shouldn't be vilified because he may have considered a move. The Thought Police was but a figment of Orwell's imagination.

I must be part of the 1% Morph. It must be such a struggle to survive on £60,000 per week. Gone are the days when players wanted to play for the name of the club. They Follow the Money. I stick by my original comments that have been the same all along. Delph is an average player. He needs to find some extra skills and mature pretty quick, because I can't see him hanging onto that Captains badge. And let's remember one thing, he was considering moving even though he says "He loves the Villa". No doubt I will get some stick for this, but I don't think Delph is as good as some people say he is. I'm not bothered if he stays or goes.

I am in total agreement with the last three lines of your post and I too have been consistent in that opinion.

I don't think he is as important to us as some imply. You only have to look at his stats or watch with the naked eye to substantiate that opinion but because our midfield has been so poor since Barry, Milner and Petrov left he is currently our best midfield player but hopefully that is going to change before the summer window closes?

When Gerrard was considering Chelsea and decided against the move no one questioned his loyalty to Liverpool.

In fact it made him more of a hero

Steven Gerrard spent 17 seasons with Liverpool. Chelsea actually made an offer for him with £100,000 per week. I believe this was there second offer. He turned them down because of his love for LFC. There has never been an offer for Delph before he signed his new contract or after. Basically, nobody was willing to make it official. IMO Delph and his agent are the ones who instigated this. As Anne said, we will never know but I am still uneasy with Delph and would have preferred an outright "I am not interested in leaving Aston Villa". Instead we had weeks of waiting for him to put pen to paper and many Villa fans upset that he may or not be leaving. If he is staying he has a lot to prove.

Can someone close this thread?

He's staying for the moment, end of story. Doesn't matter why

Can someone close this thread?

He's staying for the moment, end of story. Doesn't matter why

Agree. Enough said already.