Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Fabian Delph

Newcastle United could turn to Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph to fill the void left by Yohan Cabaye’s departure to PSG after being frustrated in their attempts to land Lyon’s Clement Grenier.

Magpies manager Alan Pardew has made contact with the Ligue 1 side about acquiring the services of Grenier but after the 23-year-old insisted he is happy at the Stade de Gerland the former Charlton and West Ham boss may have to look elsewhere.

With the transfer window deadline looming ever larger Pardew may be tempted to revisit an old Newcastle target in Delph after the club attempted to land the 24-year-old from Leeds.

Source: Link

Just No!

Two words for them: f*ck off
Make that 4 . f*ck off Geordie scum

Isn't Delph coming to the end of his contract?

Runs out after next season but I would expect Villa to offer him a new deal in the summer. PL didn't offer Benteke a new deal during a season so I doubt he will change the mould and do the same with Delph.

And if PL has a problem with giving him a new deal.. He just needs to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewIU3fzOCKw

That shot hit the underside of the cross bar that hard I heard it at the back of the Holte !

No chance of him leaving in this window plus I think Newcastle would be expected to pay what they just sold Cabaye for which I can't see them doing.

I'll do the negotiations.

Mr Kinnear you can have Fabian if we can have £40m + Gourcuff, Ta m'duck. Wye Aye.

Doubt they will buy Gourcuff from Lyon and then add him to a deal to buy Delph off us lol

Worrying to let Delphs contract go down to the final season, if he carries on playing well and scoring a few worldies teams will be coming in for him and we wont be able to demand a big fee

Doubt they will buy Gourcuff from Lyon and then add him to a deal to buy Delph off us lol

Worrying to let Delphs contract go down to the final season, if he carries on playing well and scoring a few worldies teams will be coming in for him and we wont be able to demand a big fee

He did state a while ago that he wanted to repay the club for sticking by him through his injuries and not giving up on him by staying with us. How long that lasts when a bigger club offers him double his wage we don't know lol

Delph is arguably the best player at the club now in midfield at least anyway so to lose him would be a major blow IMO.

I might be wrong but I get the impression Delph is becoming a born again Villa fan, but you never know!!

F##K off you Geordie To##ers!!

Delph was at fault for the 2nd goal!! his attempted trickery has always worried me! ask B6!

He never does seem in full control of the ball