Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAZavfc

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY!

I can't believe this crap. A man who has moaned about his squad being small doesn't change it one bit. The next time i hear him moan when one of our forwards is out and we have no back up i will knock him out myself. Garbage. This squad is slightly better than last year but only for the fact that we have a right back! As for the quality who knows yet. One or two injuries in certain areas and we have had it and he knows it. Stingy git.

Not happy! We have to rely on harewood for back up! And Gabby isn't that bloody good! Carew its up to you mate and you won't score 20 a season!

whats with the negativity? we have signed 8 players if u include curtis davies. yh i agree a striker is a must but the squad isnt looking that bad at all we have decent competition for places in midfeild and centre halves,now in januuary sign some full back cover and a striker.but its not the end of the world.MOM worked his socks off to get the signings in and he isnt exactly a stingy git. he spent 48 million!!

i cant agree tbh, now i was of main people that was far from happy a few weeks ago and recieved a fair bit of stick for it, but 8 signings and 50 odd million later i feel alot better.

as for us being short on strikers... harewood isnt the best back up admittedly, but there delfouneso who is a relative unknown and might come in and do a job if needed, also ashley young can play up front too if required... or we could play 4-3-3 with young and milner either side of carew/gabby depending on who's missing, so imo although not ideal (i was sitting here like a few other glued to SSN and this site waiting for news)... it really could be alot worse.

also, villamad82, after reading ur coments in the other thread have to ask, if MON would have bought in kevin doyle (a player that had only score 1 goal in 27 games before his weekend hat-trick in the fizzy league) or emile heskey (a player that most people in this forum didnt want, and 1 even would of quit villa games if it happened) neither of which would have been on my wish list, would that of been a better deadline day? i cant see it. btw im not being personal but u seem very unhappy and i cant see why tbh.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Happy with who we signed, however disappointed we didnt get another striker in, our squad really isnt that much bigger than last seasons

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

thats all we needed really to give the carew gabby partnership a good kick up the arse glad doyle or eyore heskey didnt arrive what relief when the clock passed 12 on that one...still feel we are 3 away from a decent proper squad but we gotta be happy with the quality tha has come in apart from Sidwell of course who has a lot to prove and i hope he does....but when you consider we still have Taylor Salifou Osbourne Harewood and Knight in our ranks we still have a relatively small squad coz i'd never let them anywhere near the 1st team they aint good enough even for back-up

I will take all the stick in the world but i will still voice my opinion. And i believe that we are short again. Its brilliant that we have spent well but we are 100% light up front! Fact! We have known this for a long time and have noit done anything about it.

Sorry for stating the obvious! This will harm our progress this season! 100% and Mon will moan about his small squad once again! great 8 players in but 7 out! +1 in squad numbers!

On the positive side we have a right back who looks good and Milner who will be a great player for us! The others we wil have to wait and see!

Top 6 will be a good result again!

i cant agree tbh, now i was of main people that was far from happy a few weeks ago and recieved a fair bit of stick for it, but 8 signings and 50 odd million later i feel alot better.

as for us being short on strikers... harewood isnt the best back up admittedly, but there delfouneso who is a relative unknown and might come in and do a job if needed, also ashley young can play up front too if required... or we could play 4-3-3 with young and milner either side of carew/gabby depending on who's missing, so imo although not ideal (i was sitting here like a few other glued to SSN and this site waiting for news)... it really could be alot worse.

also, villamad82, after reading ur coments in the other thread have to ask, if MON would have bought in kevin doyle (a player that had only score 1 goal in 27 games before his weekend hat-trick in the fizzy league) or emile heskey (a player that most people in this forum didnt want, and 1 even would of quit villa games if it happened) neither of which would have been on my wish list, would that of been a better deadline day? i cant see it. btw im not being personal but u seem very unhappy and i cant see why tbh.

Kevin Doyle would have been a disaster as i have said in other posts. We are just short in numbers upo front which is basically a joke when funds are available and we have had all closed season to find someone. There isn't any excuse for this thats what winds me up. My post was heat of the moment and out of frustration but is stating a fact. Still does now after i have calmed down. 48m is great but we have stated that we want top 4 which is Mons target. Thats a brave statement but a good goal but i don't think we can do it without strengthening up front. Doyle and heskey are not the only forwards in the world and we could have done a deal with the time we had.

SORRY

i think all the trouble at newcastle we should have put an offer in for martins or owen they would have snatched the money out our hands but they'll have till xmas to push on and start scoring or we buy in more players harewood has to go no doubt MON says hes talented must be pi##ed up VILLA TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

signings have been good to date just hope they are enough ,heskey and doyle are not the signings to take us forward so why are we linked with such dross all the time when you here names like cruz and huntelar you buzz at the prospect but do we ever feel we will land this type of player UP THE VILLA