FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Man Utd In Disarray!!!

Loyalvillan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think moyes is a good manager at the right club. I'm not having a go but in terms of attracting managers IMO villa have never been more unattractive, 3rd or 4th year with just about surviving in the league and a poor squad with strict money restrictions to work with.

i think moyes is a good manager at the right club. I'm not having a go but in terms of attracting managers IMO villa have never been more unattractive, 3rd or 4th year with just about surviving in the league and a poor squad with strict money restrictions to work with.

Thats why we need new owners. Club will not progress while the club is ran the way it is.

Always find it a bit bizarre that villa fans look back on the MON years with disdain. Its what we all are crying out for now, money and a good league finish. MON achieved this and had ambition beyond the owners.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

Thats why we need new owners. Club will not progress while the club is ran the way it is.

Always find it a bit bizarre that villa fans look back on the MON years with disdain. Its what we all are crying out for now, money and a good league finish. MON achieved this and had ambition beyond the owners.

+1 here here

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

moyes never spent much in ten years and Evertons turnover can't be much different to villa so wages could be comparable. it's just that lerner has not got the right manager since mon left. pl was year zero and he's just the wrong manager again, add in the restrictive wage structure through spending beyond the clubs means for years and it's been a recipe. you can accept a restrictive regime if you trust the manager and can see progress. once the club gets itself sorted(whatever that means/is) then maybe it might be in a good position to sell. far easier getting a new manager than a new owner especially with all them loan notes on the books to be taken into consideration.

Its not that we look back in disdain, it just that we wasted so much money and then MON jumped ship at the first sign of turbulence!!

for example, 4 years ago today i was at Wembley!!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Its not that we look back in disdain, it just that we wasted so money and then MON jumped ship at the first sign of turbulence!!

Foe example, 4 years ago today i was at Wembley!!

did we waste money or invest it in the highest league finishes for a very long time? Yes MON jumped ship and many including me will never fully understand that.

If we want to get high in this league and stay there then money needs to be invested regularly, team needs to be kept fresh. There is no golden chalice of doing well with youth and nout money spent. That's now been put to bed.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

did we waste money or invest it in the highest league finishes for a very long time? Yes MON jumped ship and many including me will never fully understand that.

If we want to get high in this league and stay there then money needs to be invested regularly, team needs to be kept fresh. There is no golden chalice of doing well with youth and nout money spent. That's now been put to bed.

MON was a coward at the end of the day, he did not achieve the CL football he tried to gain (not blaming him but that was the goal) and when we needed to cut our cloth accordingly he bailed out at the very last minute leaving us in turmoil!

sorry if i sound bitter but the Man threw his dummy out of the pram when asked to work within constraints!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

MON was a coward at the end of the day, he did not achieve the CL football he tried to gain (not blaming him but that was the goal) and when we needed to cut our cloth accordingly he bailed out at the very last minute leaving us in turmoil!

sorry if i sound bitter but the Man threw his dummy out of the pram when asked to work within constraints!

It certainly looks that way, but i would like some details as to exactly why he walked because we are still in turmoil.

As for MON i enjoyed the early years but in that final season i was getting frustrated at our one dimensional football and MONs inability to take us forward and the removal of one or two good players exposed our squad for what it largely was, average, ageing and with no sell on value.

When i look at it now it seems MON was after short term glory before moving on to a "big job" he certainly hadn't planned much for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived