Benefits Street

morerattled

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^ This ^^^^ I've tried to avoid dipping into the thread as it can easily be interpreted as racist to suggest that the country is full. Trouble is it is full…and breaking down. No matter

so many claimants suffer and have their benefits reduced while the problem of fraud is relatively small. I understand money needs to be found to reduce debt. plenty of other areas to exploit before so

the landlords take the p*ss with high rent putting more strain on the benefit system

I think the problem is that when the subject of benefits comes up people automatically think of the local chavs with 4 kids and no intention of ever working. This may be down to government scaremongering but I think in most cases (especially for me) its based on first hand experience. I know, or know of so many people that basically live off benefits and for me personally its those people that need to be clamped down on. I won't pretend to know much about politics so I can't really comment on the rights and wrongs of government cuts.

I'm sure there are a lot more genuine claimants that not but as with anything its always the bad that spoils the image for the good.

This GIF of Delph has been removed due to him being a JUDAS b**tard!!!!!!

The problem is if everyone had this same mentality then we'd all be fooked.

maybe mate, but if they made working a better choice than being on benefits i dont blame a single mother cashing in on the dole/benefits as she will get more from it,makes sense doesnt it! dont work=more money....but on the other hand some young lad on jobseekers allowance getting say roughly 100quid a month iirc doesnt want to earn a better income then thats what bothers me

scotland would be booming with work in yer towns & villages if it wasnt for thatcher thats a fact mate i despise the tories they are so out of touch with the average joe/working class we are scum to them

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

maybe mate, but if they made working a better choice than being on benefits i dont blame a single mother cashing in on the dole/benefits as she will get more from it,makes sense doesnt it! dont work=more money....but on the other hand some young lad on jobseekers allowance getting say roughly 100quid a month iirc doesnt want to earn a better income then thats what bothers me

scotland would be booming with work in yer towns & villages if it wasnt for thatcher thats a fact mate i despise the tories they are so out of touch with the average joe/working class we are scum to them

I totally agree with what your saying and to a certain extent I don't blame the people I blame the system. If someone is earning more sitting at home doing nothing than they would be working 40 hrs a week then you can see why they do it. My point is that if everyone decided not work and sit at home earning what is basically minimum wage for doing nothing then it would result in everyone having nothing. That's the problem minimum wage and potential benefit payouts should never be comparable. The fact that they are now comparable has resulted in kids leaving school and deliberately choosing to have kids to bump up their payouts so they don't have to work, rather than trying to further their education and work their way up the employment ladder. A pay rise for people like that is having another baby. I ultimately blame the system for creating the problem and question the morality of the people that exploit it.

I totally agree with what your saying and to a certain extent I don't blame the people I blame the system. If someone is earning more sitting at home doing nothing than they would be working 40 hrs a week then you can see why they do it. My point is that if everyone decided not work and sit at home earning what is basically minimum wage for doing nothing then it would result in everyone having nothing. That's the problem minimum wage and potential benefit payouts should never be comparable. The fact that they are now comparable has resulted in kids leaving school and deliberately choosing to have kids to bump up their payouts so they don't have to work, rather than trying to further their education and work their way up the employment ladder. A pay rise for people like that is having another baby. I ultimately blame the system for creating the problem and question the morality of the people that exploit it.

yep it is the system but people on benefits take the brunt of it from everyone my little brother & his mrs have 6 kids dont work & get more income than me & i work,i say fair enough as they wouldnt earn as much if they both worked & would also have to pay for a full time nanny,...good luck to them

yep it is the system but people on benefits take the brunt of it from everyone my little brother & his mrs have 6 kids dont work & get more income than me & i work,i say fair enough as they wouldnt earn as much if they both worked & would also have to pay for a full time nanny,...good luck to them

It was mentioned earlier though about the bankers paying themselves millions in bonuses even though they haven't done their jobs properly. I don't condone what they do, I hate the wankers but would you say good luck to them too? After all their taking advantage of a system that lets them get away with it albeit on a much much larger scale. I don't think the two are comparable on a monetary basis but I think they're comparable on the taking the p*ss side of things

It was mentioned earlier though about the bankers paying themselves millions in bonuses even though they haven't done their jobs properly. I don't condone what they do, I hate the wankers but would you say good luck to them too? After all their taking advantage of a system that lets them get away with it albeit on a much much larger scale. I don't think the two are comparable on a monetary basis but I think they're comparable on the taking the p*ss side of things

but the difference is these ordinary people are just taking advantage just to see by & live within their means with a wee bit extra cash they arent taking millions...btw if i was a banker id do the same lol

It's not the benefit system though it's the wage structure and cost of living that's the issue, also there will always be a certain % of people out of work as that's an inevitability, IMO in you're helping the people who want to work work then you're doing ok, you should do all you can to motivate the ones who don't want to work to work but you shouldn't force them into work just for the sake of it because they'll probably not try and quit and that will take a job away from someone who would happily do it and do it to te best of ther ability.

In my situation I saw the Tories get in and knew what we were in for, I was extremely ill and had been for a long time, a mixture of the inevitability of tough times and the fact I never wanted to remain on the sick as I have my own ambitions to do well in life and the doctors telling me we were almos out of options made me make the decision to have life altering surgery that would mean I would be free of the symptoms of my illness and able to start work.

I'm glad I have done that as I have huge ambitions and will make myself a lot of money and earn pretty good money now. But I totally understand why someone wouldn't make the same decision and would no feel forced into a corner that there's not getting out of by the current cuts being aimed at the wrong areas.

For example, the Tories have announced of they he in £25bn more of cuts, they will stop under 25's getting housing benefit when jobs are hard to come by and house prices are high so even if they get a minimum wage job they won't be able to rent due to high rental costs.

At the same time to win votes from the larger demographic of voter (pensioners) they have said their pensions will rise by either equal to inflation, equal to cost of living increase or 2.5%, whichever is the Highest.

Now pensioners at the moment are probably the most well off of all generation of pensioners, so what they're saying is look after the ones who benefitted from the good times the most and punish the ones who are suffering from their greed.

In the end we'll end up with generations of kids still living with their parents at 25 struggling to make a life for themselves and their parents being poor because their pensionable age has risen.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

but the difference is these ordinary people are just taking advantage just to see by & live within their means with a wee bit extra cash they arent taking millions...btw if i was a banker id do the same lol

Me too lol

My issue is that these ordinary people put themselves into a situation where they're better off on benefits than working. At the end of the day the government didn't come round and artificially inseminate your brothers missus 6 times. That was a decision they made knowing full well that they didn't have the money to do so. I've been with my wife for 9 years now and would love to have kids but we know we can't at the minute because we haven't got the money to do so.

I'm not having a go at your bro I just used him as a example because you mentioned him. My point is that people are deliberately creating a situation for themselves, having kids, single mom etc where they become eligible to earn enough benefits to not be able to work. They make that choice it doesn't happen by accident and that's why I don't condone people that do it.

Archived