FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Benefits Street

morerattled

Only heard it from milliband on sky news to be fair.The only problem I see with this is many English people are sh*t at English and maths.

Yeah and for them to be more employable they need to be better, they'll be offered classes to help them until they find work. I don't think it's like A level English I imagine it would be quite basic stuff that if you couldn't do it would really hamper your chances of getting a job.

Also they're trying to stop anyone who's on benefits in their own country from being able to come to the uk and claim benefit.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^ This ^^^^ I've tried to avoid dipping into the thread as it can easily be interpreted as racist to suggest that the country is full. Trouble is it is full…and breaking down. No matter

so many claimants suffer and have their benefits reduced while the problem of fraud is relatively small. I understand money needs to be found to reduce debt. plenty of other areas to exploit before so

the landlords take the p*ss with high rent putting more strain on the benefit system

1+1 = 11 ..point proven mate
Careful ,Larry might give you a stat like the pie one lol.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Yeah and for them to be more employable they need to be better, they'll be offered classes to help them until they find work. I don't think it's like A level English I imagine it would be quite basic stuff that if you couldn't do it would really hamper your chances of getting a job. Also they're trying to stop anyone who's on benefits in their own country from being able to come to the uk and claim benefit.
Like I said before, until we sort our own country's problems out, we should put helping others on hold, then once we have no poverty here we can then help others, sadly neither political party leader has the balls to say this. If they did and stuck to it, they would win many votes.

image.png

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Like I said before, until we sort our own country's problems out, we should put helping others on hold, then once we have no poverty here we can then help others, sadly neither political party leader has the balls to say this.If they did and stuck to it, they would win many votes.

Yup, maybe we should start a party lol

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Yup, maybe we should start a party lol
:roll: :roll: :roll: We would have more spits than a gymnast !!!!!!

image.png

My old company had 2 sales directors, one in each division, they both retired in the same year when they took the company to £100 million turnover, both had been there over 25 years, the only people who got interviews were those with degrees, neither of the previous 2 had a qualification between them, one worked down the pit when he left school the other sold bread off the back of his van.

Last year my old company with their super educated sales directors did less than £50 million.

Experience is better than education every time, start at the bottom and work your way up if you can.

That's what I've tried to do with every comapby I've ever worked for, been promoted at least 3 times in different jobs. Trying to at the minute as well. Good old fashioned hard work and common sense. With some courses and whatnot where needed

mzjj.jpg

I did an art degree. Worthless maybe but to me it was worth more than I can say as I am the only member of my family to have ever done it and ever likely to. It made me who I am even if the gamble didnt pay off.

As for Benefits street. What a horrid mother that fat f*ck is portrayed as being

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

I did an art degree. Worthless maybe but to me it was worth more than I can say as I am the only member of my family to have ever done it and ever likely to. It made me who I am even if the gamble didnt pay off.

As for Benefits street. What a horrid mother that fat f*ck is portrayed as being

I know what you mean, I still aspire to get my Hons degree

mzjj.jpg

That's what I've tried to do with every comapby I've ever worked for, been promoted at least 3 times in different jobs. Trying to at the minute as well. Good old fashioned hard work and common sense. With some courses and whatnot where needed
Look at what Dorset said about his sales director, a higher education usually gets you a higher start, if I was interviewing for someone to work for me I would look at experience first, I am not knocking anyone who studies, it's just my preference, but I am only talking sales roles lol.

image.png

Look at what Dorset said about his sales director, a higher education usually gets you a higher start, if I was interviewing for someone to work for me I would look at experience first, I am not knocking anyone who studies, it's just my preference, but I am only talking sales roles lol.

How it should be. Experience plus education is what is required. That said, I do feel that we should all have the right to higher education, but not at the expense of expecting something at the end of it just because you have a degree.

How accurate is benefits street though? The editing was shocking. That bald bloke with the manky red head missus kept having hair, then it was gone and then it was back again.

Here is my deductions of the programme after watching it.

First off, it will be taken as a dig at the poor and those on benefits but, after watching and seeing it, it to me represents people who dont think that they have any other options other than to claim, something that needs addressing. It seems exploitative at first glance and I am confused whether the people involved are 'bigging up' their behaviour. The culture of professional idleness is a worry but again, I dont think it truly represents ALL claimants.

It smacks of highly edited, make it worse than it seems broadcasting but there are concerns.

1. The treatment of some of the children and the language used against them. That fat woman whose son was making a cunnilingus gesture at his mother who then, throughout proceeded to swear at him and call him stupid is down right wrong. I understand there are mental health issues such as depression but she needs support, not 'depression benefit'. She claims bad influence of the neighbours yet she takes a passive and at times aggressive stance at parenthood as if she isnt really in control of her family. As the mother, she should be leading by example but she seems stuck in a rut and resigned to the fact that she will never find work.

2. The Ginger woman and her idiot boyfriend. Being classed as a 'stay at home dad' is ridiculous. Him and her are nothing more than children themselves and they should not have had kids at all. She is shown, at least, to be taking parenting slightly seriously but he is everything that is wrong with society. Being told that it pays to hang fire on finding work until the kids are older?

He does show the same trait as fat woman in that he lives in a self fulfilling prophecy. He will always be beaten by the next man who is better educated. Cant win/wont try. It may be that he is lazy but I do think he is another who has fallen through the cracks although given his benefit fraud, it is most likely the former. He is immature, she is the same and it is a great shame that their kids are sucked into the mire.

3. The African man setting up his scrap business. A breath of fresh air. His attitude is correct in that the country cannot support all people and you have to work. His honesty that in africa you dont work you dont eat is true. This is what I am talking about that you have to do everything in your power to succeed.

4. Fags, Booze

Surely when they complain about no money they must see that 6 quid for a box of fags is a luxury? Should be given nicotine patches when they sign on.

In my honest opinion, it still isnt representative of the true picture of all claimants but it is a horrible programme with some truly nasty pieces of work in it.

However, not all on benefits are like these people.

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

Archived