FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Benefits Street

morerattled

I bought 3 council houses ,, one each for my children when they become avaliable Cost ,, £ 22,000 . . Value now £485,000Why wouldn't I have done this if I could ?

I can see why you did it and I understand it, but you can't do that and then complain when the government give someone £800 a month to rent privately of when people complain about having to pay bedroom tax. It's the shortage of council houses that cause these things.

Not sayin you do complain about them just saying why someone who's has done this shouldn't

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^ This ^^^^ I've tried to avoid dipping into the thread as it can easily be interpreted as racist to suggest that the country is full. Trouble is it is full…and breaking down. No matter

so many claimants suffer and have their benefits reduced while the problem of fraud is relatively small. I understand money needs to be found to reduce debt. plenty of other areas to exploit before so

the landlords take the p*ss with high rent putting more strain on the benefit system

I can see why you did it and I understand it, but you can't do that and then complain when the government give someone £800 a month to rent privately of when people complain about having to pay bedroom tax. It's the shortage of council houses that cause these things. Not sayin you do complain about them just saying why someone who's has done this shouldn't
That's Excatly why I havnt complained lol

funniest.gif

^^^^ This ^^^^ I've tried to avoid dipping into the thread as it can easily be interpreted as racist to suggest that the country is full. Trouble is it is full…and breaking down. No matter what our politicians tell us the NHS is on its knees, held together by the lower tiers of nurses and junior doctors who work themselves to the bone. Our country’s infrastructure is knackered and needs major multi billion pound investment. Our social standards shock us all, regardless if we consider ourselves working class, white collar or rich. The depravity & laziness of some make my blood boil. Our banks are a law unto themselves, laughing as the people struggle to make ends meet and then post ridiculous profits….the same can be said for the energy giants. Funny enough these two industries bank roll our nation’s political parties who allow them to conitue this way….how can that even be allowed?!! Our armed forces are becoming the joke of the military world, often named “the borrowers” despite their first class dedication and training. A Russian Destroyer had to wait 24hrs 30 miles off shore a month ago to be challenged by a Royal Navy Warship. The RN destroyer had to scramble itself from Portsmouth to protect the nation’s nuclear deterrent base. (The guard ship has been removed due to budget cuts) I could go on and on and on…..but the fact is this Island is full, broken, and cannot take anymore people arriving from any other country, regardless of the tyranny those people face elsewhere. We cannot be the Worlds life boat. It’s not even a question of IF we should be, we can’t be. now brand me as you wish....but I am a realist NOT a racist.
Another member with a brain. +1

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

They technically did it with working tax credit, instead of reducing taxes for everyone they gave the tax paid by the poorest in society back to them in a benefit.
Working tax credit was away of reducing the amount of people unemployed and claiming in employment benefit.

image.png

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Working tax credit was away of reducing the amount of people unemployed and claiming in employment benefit.

No it wasn't, a4e back to work programmes and back to work grants were for that before the Tories cancelled them. woking tax credit just made it easier when you found work bit it's main purpose was to help people in work who struggle on low earnings by effectively giving them thei tax back.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

No it wasn't, a4e back to work programmes and back to work grants were for that before the Tories cancelled them. woking tax credit just made it easier when you found work bit it's main purpose was to help people in work who struggle on low earnings by effectively giving them thei tax back.
Yes it was.

image.png

Yes it was.

I'm sorry but you're just talking rubbish, yes working tax credits helped with getting people back to work but that wasn't its sole aim. Also you asked the question what taxes have been reduced and working tax credit is in effect reducing the income tax of low income people by giving it back to them.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

I'm sorry but you're just talking rubbish, yes working tax credits helped with getting people back to work but that wasn't its sole aim. Also you asked the question what taxes have been reduced and working tax credit is in effect reducing the income tax of low income people by giving it back to them.
By saying in effect you know your clutching at straws, not one tax implemented by the Tories has been taken away by labour.

image.png

Trying to steer clear of this but if next year I lose my job through no fault of my own, due to council cuts, will it be my fault if I cannot find another job and end up on benefits?

What this country needs is jobs, jobs, jobs. So many jobs that welfare will only be for the needy and not for the professional layabout. Jobs so that if you lose your job on a friday, by the monday there will be another one. We need a decent living wage, coupled with the jobs so that tax credits and benefits are the safety net and not a supplement. However, we also need to consider education choices. When I was a lad, it was all university. I would set up academies that offer practical skills at university level and have a highly skilled workforce. What this country needs is to embrace what makes us great. I am not talking about armies and that shite, I am talking industry, arts, music, new media and manufacturing and getting the quality back into what we do.

The country aint broke, it just needs a shot in the arm to bring it back to life

I have to be optomistic as I seem to constantly live in the shadow of unemployment and poverty. Get up, dust off and be proud

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

Archived