FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Benefits Street

morerattled

the landlords take the p*ss with high rent putting more strain on the benefit system

The landlord can charge what he wants, however rents are in line with council house rents plus around 10% max otherwise the benefit office will not pay the rent. simples

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^ This ^^^^ I've tried to avoid dipping into the thread as it can easily be interpreted as racist to suggest that the country is full. Trouble is it is full…and breaking down. No matter

so many claimants suffer and have their benefits reduced while the problem of fraud is relatively small. I understand money needs to be found to reduce debt. plenty of other areas to exploit before so

the landlords take the p*ss with high rent putting more strain on the benefit system

The landlord can charge what he wants, however rents are in line with council house rents plus around 10% max otherwise the benefit office will not pay the rent. simples

Not true, The average rental costs in Cornwall are low compared to Bristol and it was still £560 a month in a shite area, a brand new council house in the same estate my mom and dad bought their house in which is really nice is about £350. The council paid more than half of the rent and that was with me living with the mrs on a low income. Dunno what it would be like in Bristol, I'm in a similar sized house as I was in Cornwall and it costs us £750 a month plus £156 council tax a month, and where I am it's considered cheap because I moved out into the sticks, in Bristol my house would e about £1000 a month.

Private landlords have taken the p*ss since the housing crash because they know people can't buy, yet I bet they have a good old moan about the "system" with no thought to the fact that if they weren't hiking up prices then less working families would need top ups.

A capitalist government feeds greed and greed feeds of the poor. Take advantage of those who have nothing in order to give more to those who have it all. And that includes squeezing the middle, I clear well over the average yearly wage but the mrs being on less probably brings us in like with 2 people on average income and we struggle like f*ck sometimes, god knows what it would be like if I was still sick.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Not true, The average rental costs in Cornwall are low compared to Bristol and it was still £560 a month in a shite area, a brand new council house in the same estate my mom and dad bought their house in which is really nice is about £350. The council paid more than half of the rent and that was with me living with the mrs on a low income. Dunno what it would be like in Bristol, I'm in a similar sized house as I was in Cornwall and it costs us £750 a month plus £156 council tax a month, and where I am it's considered cheap because I moved out into the sticks, in Bristol my house would e about £1000 a month.

Private landlords have taken the p*ss since the housing crash because they know people can't buy, yet I bet they have a good old moan about the "system" with no thought to the fact that if they weren't hiking up prices then less working families would need top ups.

A capitalist government feeds greed and greed feeds of the poor. Take advantage of those who have nothing in order to give more to those who have it all. And that includes squeezing the middle, I clear well over the average yearly wage but the mrs being on less probably brings us in like with 2 people on average income and we struggle like f*ck sometimes, god knows what it would be like if I was still sick.

So you are saying that the benefit office will pay ott rents to greedy landlords ? bollocks !

image.png

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Blame Robbie Fowler !!

How can landlords putt strain on the benefit system ? The DHSS WILL NOT PAY OVER THE TOP RENTS.

image.png

A new build 2 bed council house here is about £150 a week, private if you can get one for £750 P/M you are lucky.

My daughters 2 bed flat........and that's stretching it as the one room is so small they had to cut down my grandsons bed so they could get it in, the kitchen is so small that they keep their fridge/freezer in the main bedroom.........is £675 a month of which they pay about £200.

In the last few months they have been turned down for some properties because they claim HB and another because her partner works, they aren't allowed on the council list as this shoe box they live in is classed as adequate.

They are worse off than they would be if he stopped working, but as it's an apprenticeship he is doing it in hope it will pay off long term.

Want to cut benefits then I have two very simple measures....

1) increase the minimum wage by at least a £1 an hour, that would knock billions of the tax credits bill and would no more lead to job losses than the introduction of it did in the first place. And raise thresholds so that the workers don't just lose all of the wage increase off their tax credits this would lead to increased spending in the wider economy.

2) Cap rents, it works in other countries and would knock billions off the HB bill.

Two very simple measures that will never happen because it would mean rich people losing a few quid.

So you are saying that the benefit office will pay ott rents to greedy landlords ? bollocks !

The local council work out their own benefit amounts set on the average rental price in the area, the work out how many rooms you need and then your age etc and give you what they think you need to rent a house, so basically average rental cost for an area for a 1 bed flat is £450 then they say someone on their own with no income other than job seekers will get £450, if you want to then go and get a house thT costs £600 fine but you still only get £450.

So if the landlords in an area all wack up their rent then the council will have to adjust it otherwise people will end up homeless, so in essence yes they do pay OTT aren't to greedy landlords because thatcher sold all the council houses and now a fair few of those council houses that we're bought a rented back to the council for OTT money lol.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Sorry.....for the uneducated here....Is this a show about people abusing the Benefit system? Or just people on the system in general?

there doing both ,...there is lots of places like this in the uk but the goverment try & brand everyone on benefits like these people on the show

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

A new build 2 bed council house here is about £150 a week, private if you can get one for £750 P/M you are lucky.

My daughters 2 bed flat........and that's stretching it as the one room is so small they had to cut down my grandsons bed so they could get it in, the kitchen is so small that they keep their fridge/freezer in the main bedroom.........is £675 a month of which they pay about £200.

In the last few months they have been turned down for some properties because they claim HB and another because her partner works, they aren't allowed on the council list as this shoe box they live in is classed as adequate.

They are worse off than they would be if he stopped working, but as it's an apprenticeship he is doing it in hope it will pay off long term.

Want to cut benefits then I have two very simple measures....

1) increase the minimum wage by at least a £1 an hour, that would knock billions of the tax credits bill and would no more lead to job losses than the introduction of it did in the first place. And raise thresholds so that the workers don't just lose all of the wage increase off their tax credits this would lead to increased spending in the wider economy.

2) Cap rents, it works in other countries and would knock billions off the HB bill.

Two very simple measures that will never happen because it would mean rich people losing a few quid.

And a third one would be to bring down the costs of water gas and electricity as well as doing something about the mega profits made at super markets, although I do the last one myself by shopping in aldi, better quality food than tesco's in the most part just less selection and I never spend more than £70 in tesco I can get a couple bits for the evening and spend £30 and have 1 bag.

I was listening to radio 2 and they were talking about raising the minimum wage to a living one which I agree with but the problem is do that and it'll only end up getting eaten up with hikes in the utility bills, cornwal is crazy for water, I nearly jizzed in me under crackers when I got my firs water bill in Bristol £90 for a quater, In Cornwall it's about £90-£120 a month I ended up getting water sure due to my illness

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived