FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

avstu

It looked as if a few players got there mojo back last night.
Lowton had a very good game, particularly in the second half.
Luna had his best game for several weeks, if not months.
We started off with a 5-3-2 and seemed to be holding our own.
When Baker went off we went to 4-4-2 and they scored their 2 goals
We were excellent in the second half.
Apart from the goals Guzan had very little to do, which is a measure of how well Vlaar and Clark did, too.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

overall i'm still fairly posotive after last nights game. we played well at times. I don't think you can overemphasize the importance of Benteke scoring, and where it could lead him to for the rest of

I really dont mind getting beat by Arsenal or any one else,(Ive accepted the losses under PL)but as long as we have HEART-FIGHT-PASSION and give it a DAMN good go!!! but that just isnt the case.Hopefu

much better last night, not great by any means but it is a performance we can build on......where have I said that before eh?

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

much better last night, not great by any means but it is a performance we can build on......where have I said that before eh?

No addies last night? ?

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

No addies last night? ?

No mate, no babysitter till the last minute!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

I was upbeat after last night, then lambert pissed me off again today.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

I thought we played well until Baker went off then.

They score then of all players to give the ball away (Delph) they get a second.

Were we that much better second half or did Arsenal take their foot off the gas ?

Thought the ref was shite !

Yep, arsenal took their foot off the gas. First half, pre-baker injury, it was all arsenal, similar to how spurs pinned us bacK last season and this. Never in the game until the MIDDLE OF THE second half,when they gifted us the ball for benteke's goal, similar to how delph had stupidly given the ball away for their second, eleven seconds FROM THE KICK OFF??

ONLY POSITIVES WERE BENTEKE SCORED, THE LAST 15 MINUTES, and we have just signed Grant Holt.

p.s. I am joking about the holt bit..........whats that noise I hear?..........oh, its Lambert scraping the BOTTOM OF THE BLOODY BARREL!!

Looking back when my mind has settled after the game for a good day, I´m still in a positive mood. I agree 100% with someone who wrote earlier, that Lowton should be played more towards enemy´s goal, he has some very good crossing in him, that ball to Benteke´s head was awesome. Last season Lowton was very good, but this was first time this season, he played like this.

Delph was as lively as always, just kept falling. Benteke lifted huge weight from his shoulders, after his goal he got enormous boost to his performance, it was great to watch. And that Vlaar thing. If he gets injured, we´ll be in serious trouble. Our defence is so much better, when he is there looking after our kids, he made couple of outstanding tackles yesterday and maybe one visible mistake. Alongside Benteke the most important member of our team.

All in all, it´s not that you lose, it´s the way you do it. This time, when I read Lambert´s comments from the Villa Site, I think I did agree. The last 20 minutes were so uplifting to watch, a proper battle and even Arsenal hoofed the ball a couple of times. One point, it was so close.

Play like that, and we have no worries. It must be said, though, that Gunners style suits to us. All these neat passing teams, bring them in, our "let´s give them possession and then suddenly strike"-style work very well. If we for some reason are getting more possession, we just don´t know what to do.

That brings us to Lambert, once again. Surely you should be able to adapt your team depending on whom we play against ? That´s one thing Lambert much improve.

Looking back when my mind has settled after the game for a good day, I´m still in a positive mood. I agree 100% with someone who wrote earlier, that Lowton should be played more towards enemy´s goal, he has some very good crossing in him, that ball to Benteke´s head was awesome. Last season Lowton was very good, but this was first time this season, he played like this.

Delph was as lively as always, just kept falling. Benteke lifted huge weight from his shoulders, after his goal he got enormous boost to his performance, it was great to watch. And that Vlaar thing. If he gets injured, we´ll be in serious trouble. Our defence is so much better, when he is there looking after our kids, he made couple of outstanding tackles yesterday and maybe one visible mistake. Alongside Benteke the most important member of our team.

All in all, it´s not that you lose, it´s the way you do it. This time, when I read Lambert´s comments from the Villa Site, I think I did agree. The last 20 minutes were so uplifting to watch, a proper battle and even Arsenal hoofed the ball a couple of times. One point, it was so close.

Play like that, and we have no worries. It must be said, though, that Gunners style suits to us. All these neat passing teams, bring them in, our "let´s give them possession and then suddenly strike"-style work very well. If we for some reason are getting more possession, we just don´t know what to do.

That brings us to Lambert, once again. Surely you should be able to adapt your team depending on whom we play against ? That´s one thing Lambert much improve.

Lambert has improved.Hes got Holt!! Great vision.WTF did he buy Bowery and Helenius if he doesnt give them a go? Bet the FAT geezer will play though,Lowton fell out of favour,thus didnt play earlier.

wZaXfsX.jpg

Yep, arsenal took their foot off the gas. First half, pre-baker injury, it was all arsenal, similar to how spurs pinned us bacK last season and this. Never in the game until the MIDDLE OF THE second half,when they gifted us the ball for benteke's goal, similar to how delph had stupidly given the ball away for their second, eleven seconds FROM THE KICK OFF??

ONLY POSITIVES WERE BENTEKE SCORED, THE LAST 15 MINUTES, and we have just signed Grant Holt.

p.s. I am joking about the holt bit..........whats that noise I hear?..........oh, its Lambert scraping the BOTTOM OF THE BLOODY BARREL!!

Spot on.......Pos Benty scored,looked decent last 15,bar that not a lot to shout about!!

wZaXfsX.jpg

overall i'm still fairly posotive after last nights game. we played well at times. I don't think you can overemphasize the importance of Benteke scoring, and where it could lead him to for the rest of the season. I don't agree with all of the negativity around signing Holt. He is backup. If Benteke goes on a roll and stays fit, he will purely be a backup player. 2 seasons ago he scored a balls load of goals for norwich in the Prem. the next year he still scored 8 goals in the Prem. He is someone to spring from the bench, and he is on loan, so didn't cost us a fortune. If he chips in with 4 or 5 goals for the rest of the season, and is a good influence around the dressing room, then he's done his job. we'll see.........

Archived