FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

avstu

Well we played ok apart from a shite few minutes, we need to stop siting back because we've shown that we can go at teams and defend when they counter.

If this has woken the beast then maybe the second Half of the season could be different.

Get a decent midfielder in NOW and we could easily see of the rest of the season in a more positive way.

Over to you mr Lerner open that wallet you pr*ck!!!

I predicted 2-1 arsenal yet again didn't put a bet on!!!

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

overall i'm still fairly posotive after last nights game. we played well at times. I don't think you can overemphasize the importance of Benteke scoring, and where it could lead him to for the rest of

I really dont mind getting beat by Arsenal or any one else,(Ive accepted the losses under PL)but as long as we have HEART-FIGHT-PASSION and give it a DAMN good go!!! but that just isnt the case.Hopefu

Matt Lowton caught ball watching again for the first goal. This fella is simply not a defender for mine, not close. He is however a handy footballer who can play some ball to feet stuff and hit a really good cross, why do we not play him further up the park??? Three players make a big difference in the window for me, good LB, good RB and a midfielder of quality that can hold a ball up, play and create.

When Arsenal went up 0-2 I thought we wer gonna get battered, but at least we won the second half and I hope that Bentekie goal will do him the world of good. If only we had played like that in the first half I think we could of got a draw. We have to take the positives from the game, we did look a lot better in the second half and it could of been a lot worse. Liverpool next away, if we could get a draw that would do me, but I think we could be in for a big loss. What do you all think about Grant Holt? I think it's a signing for the dressing room. We need a midfielder with experience and creativity?? Any ideas?....

Just got back. We were doing well until they scored. And to give them the second was a sucker punch. Didn't deserve it st the point.

This ensued the crap football until weimann came on and we scored then villa park lit up again and we really pushed for the equaliser. A couple balls that went in towards benteke were very close to connnecting and would've been sure goals.

mzjj.jpg

And back!!

1st half was a training session for Arsenal to be honest, we seemed pinned back for most of it and it looked like the same old same old Villa we've come to curse regularly. Still playing the same tactics and still making the same mistakes.

The goals were due, but to be fair we could of not gifted them, especially the second so quickly.

Second half of the second was better and at least we had some fight in us...reminded me very much of WBA away and it looked like we could steal something. Benteke's goal was a huge relief although I found his celebration a bit subdued considering his drought. He did look more hungry tonight thought and that lifted the team. VP woke up and the whole thing felt more positive for a while.

Clapping at final whistle instead of booing.

Underlying problems are still very much there and even when we were passing it was hard work....timing, pass accuracy to a players stronger side etc etc...all lacking sharpness. Still stagnant movement, still too much going sideways and backwards and still not enough creativity around the park. Once again Albrighton's exclusion makes me wonder what PL is up to. Bacuna had a stronger game although like many PL summer signings is too indifferent at times.

However.....it was better second half then many a previous game and I've came home feeling a bit more upbeat than many other games.

Nice to see the guys in Addies for a pre-game chat and drink. See you all for WBA.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

And back!!

1st half was a training session for Arsenal to be honest, we seemed pinned back for most of it and it looked like the same old same old Villa we've come to curse regularly. Still playing the same tactics and still making the same mistakes.

The goals were due, but to be fair we could of not gifted them, especially the second so quickly.

Second half of the second was better and at least we had some fight in us...reminded me very much of WBA away and it looked like we could steal something. Benteke's goal was a huge relief although I found his celebration a bit subdued considering his drought. He did look more hungry tonight thought and that lifted the team. VP woke up and the whole thing felt more positive for a while.

Clapping at final whistle instead of booing.

Underlying problems are still very much there and even when we were passing it was hard work....timing, pass accuracy to a players stronger side etc etc...all lacking sharpness. Still stagnant movement, still too much going sideways and backwards and still not enough creativity around the park. Once again Albrighton's exclusion makes me wonder what PL is up to. Bacuna had a stronger game although like many PL summer signings is too indifferent at times.

However.....it was better second half then many a previous game and I've came home feeling a bit more upbeat than many other games.

Nice to see the guys in Addies for a pre-game chat and drink. See you all for WBA.

Sums it up nicely man,

thought Bakers injury was a pivotal moment until then we matched em then an awful minute and gooners banged in 2 rather clinically----Delph gave it away and must havr had the wrong stuuds in coz he kept slipping all blking night!!

some fight was showed in the second half and imo we gave as good as we got,and VP came alive again good to see Lowton swinging it over again hope he,s back to his best, as with Benteke,

Gabby never gave up,-- and maybe just maybe this is our turning point for the season,but Concrete must stay fit------

good pre-game Claret and Blue chat inside The Addies----a wee bit cold round the lower quarters on the patio!!!!

have to say Wilshere looked real class netting one and making one,!!!

ah well its onwards and upwards now----

decent crowd just over 34000-------3000 gooners!!!------Sorry got that wrong just over 36000-

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Archived