FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Wes Hoolahan

RonVlaar4

Rickie Lambert has played in the lower leagues his whole career, I think you're really underestimating Wes Hoolahan

8 goals in 27 PL games this season hardly marks Lambert out as a world beater, my opinion is that like Hoolahan he is average.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a load of rubbish lol lol lol

to talk of getting quality players for in the region of £12 mill, is stupid as far as im concerned, who or what player of quality worth that amount of money would come to a poor side like we have and

I don't think he's a step down, he's at least as good as what we have, I'm just not convinced he is any better. Given the choice of signing him or not i would choose to sign him but we are crying out for quality and i don't think he is it.

As far as the spending is concerned we have been led to believe the club is now in a position to loosen the purse strings, so a couple of players that signal intent and Hoolahan is great, but Hoolahan and a couple of unknowns isn't.

The latter could work but as a transfer policy it isn't going to put bums on seats.

thats what im expecting too but i also think hoolahan is better than any of our midfielders

newcomer.png

8 goals in 27 PL games this season hardly marks Lambert out as a world beater, my opinion is that like Hoolahan he is average.

Not that i think there is anything wrong with average, most players are.

thats what im expecting too but i also think hoolahan is better than any of our midfielders

See thats what i'm trying to get at, Hoolahan may or may not be better than our midfielders either way opinion is divided and there's not a lot in it.

But i bet if we sat here naming midfielders there would be loads that most of us would agree are better and thats who we have to be looking to sign.

Not that i think there is anything wrong with average, most players are.

1m for average, experience, and a need is a good deal, is it not?

I think some are being unfair to Hoolahan, he is a decent experienced midfielder! not a world beater or the one of the best in the country, but just a decent player who has quite a bit to offer

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

I think some are being unfair to Hoolahan, he is a decent experienced midfielder! not a world beater or the one of the best in the country, but just a decent player who has quite a bit to offer

Ok so hoolahan comes in and displaces who? Westwood or Delph? Now we need a number 10 but IMO should we really stop our 2 best prospects from progressing for hoolahan? If we bring in someone who's actually going to be with the club in the journey forward who is better than what we have then fair play but hoolahan for me is nothing more than a squad filler. He's not going to be the transformation that we need to progress.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Ok so hoolahan comes in and displaces who? Westwood or Delph? Now we need a number 10 but IMO should we really stop our 2 best prospects from progressing for hoolahan? If we bring in someone who's actually going to be with the club in the journey forward who is better than what we have then fair play but hoolahan for me is nothing more than a squad filler. He's not going to be the transformation that we need to progress.

Play the diamond formation and play him at the tip! he offers something we currently do not have! you cannot deny this! maybe a squad filler but another dimension

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Play the diamond formation and play him at the tip! he offers something we currently do not have! you cannot deny this! maybe a squad filler but another dimension

He does add something we don't have, my point is there are other players who offer what we don't have who are younger, better, quicker, fitter and most importantly a considerable step up from what we have.

Like I said before, if this is the type of signing we will be making then that's my patience done, if he was just another option and some proper quality was signed then faith in the play could be had.

The next window is the telling one for me, the signings we get will indicate if we've been getting fed utter bollocks or will show a real plan for progression is in place.

Just out of interest, if we get hoolahan and we play him with Delph and Westwood, who gets dropped?

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived