Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RonVlaar4

Wes Hoolahan

The risk management had been done over the last 2 years we've signe 17 yes 17 players to fill certain positions, your idea is to just carry on buying average players and paying low wages on shite!! That's not going to work!

If benteke goes then we'd get that money too so 2 players in key positions will mean that those positions will have a better quality of backup then if we sell the players like tonev go aren't getting in we could use that money to buy some more backups he idea of buying 5-7 cramp players each year may be risk management but all it will do is give us yet another season of worrying about relegation, but hey at lease we won't have to worry about injury!!

i would tend to agree with u if all of these players had worked out but they havent and we are still trying to fix it. next year i dont expect us to break into the top 8 but i do expect us to be alot more comfortable than this year. unless we are spending big this is not gonna happen for a while. just to put into perspective. southampton not only have a really good youth system but have spent 70m in the last 2 years on players.

okore cost 4m, if we can get 5 players of that decency into our squad i be more than happy. i wouldnt class okore as a mediocre player. if this was the case i be expecting a decent cup run and a comfortable place in the league with no BS of wondering if we are to be in another relegation battle.

as for the 17 players, i cant remeber who said it but it was defo food for thought. we could be just using these players to balance the books then we will fuk them out the door. i dont think thats gonna happen but if we were taken over it certainly might be the case

newcomer.png

i would tend to agree with u if all of these players had worked out but they havent and we are still trying to fix it. next year i dont expect us to break into the top 8 but i do expect us to be alot more comfortable than this year. unless we are spending big this is not gonna happen for a while. just to put into perspective. southampton not only have a really good youth system but have spent 70m in the last 2 years on players.

okore cost 4m, if we can get 5 players of that decency into our squad i be more than happy. i wouldnt class okore as a mediocre player. if this was the case i be expecting a decent cup run and a comfortable place in the league with no BS of wondering if we are to be in another relegation battle.

as for the 17 players, i cant remeber who said it but it was defo food for thought. we could be just using these players to balance the books then we will fuk them out the door. i dont think thats gonna happen but if we were taken over it certainly might be the case

We'll have to agree to disagree, I totally agreed wih buying a bulk of players because the squad was genuinely thin on the ground but that's been done now.

IMO although we don't have great players we have some good players, a couple quality signings would transform some of those players into better ones, we may not has a number 10 but be honest how often do players get okore type injuries?? We could easily manage a few games here and there even a month or so, if we had some decent signings that would show intent, which would then raise the moral of the team and hopefully end up with a better style of play and results, if you're winning and your number 10 is out I'm fairly sure it would be easier for the likes of Westwood and Delph to handle things in a winning side, at the moment we don't have anyone other than vlaar who is a leader and who can change that losing mentality Into a winning one. Start winning and those good players start playing as a good team.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

to talk of getting quality players for in the region of £12 mill, is stupid as far as im concerned, who or what player of quality worth that amount of money would come to a poor side like we have and on a pathetically low wage, I cant think of one, maybe skyba should tell us, so thinking along those lines, I think hoolahan maybe a good move, we need improvement, yes, we need quality, yes, but we aint gonna get it a that price, not under this management were not.

I actually think this is an intelligent move by lambert, and shows he might be learning. Hoolahan is a 'decent' player, he has a wealth of experience and already understands lamberts methods, we have lost a lot of senior influence from the squad without replacing them so IMO for the money and what he can bring to the team both on and off the pitch I would welcome him.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

I actually think this is an intelligent move by lambert, and shows he might be learning. Hoolahan is a 'decent' player, he has a wealth of experience and already understands lamberts methods, we have lost a lot of senior influence from the squad without replacing them so IMO for the money and what he can bring to the team both on and off the pitch I would welcome him.

Seems to be a dead split, no one is sat on the fence here!

@Callum_sleezby

PSN : eAzY-Tig3r_

332rpqx.jpg

to talk of getting quality players for in the region of £12 mill, is stupid as far as im concerned, who or what player of quality worth that amount of money would come to a poor side like we have and on a pathetically low wage, I cant think of one, maybe skyba should tell us, so thinking along those lines, I think hoolahan maybe a good move, we need improvement, yes, we need quality, yes, but we aint gonna get it a that price, not under this management were not.

Rog we've been linked with a number of players worth that region of money and if Lerner is prepared to pay benteke £40k a week those players would come for those wages, it's only the prem that pays ridiculous wages to all and sundry, in the Netherlands I think the average wage is around £20k a week for the top players.

Also this is Lerner/lambert/Faulkner's job, they need to have a decent scout in network in place to find the quality players, you don't have to be established to attract them you just have to show the intent and desire to achieve something and a plan of action to support it and those players will see this and come.

Man city were a sh*t house little club, they showed that they ha the money and the desire to achieve and went from nothing to signing world class players over night, not saying we can and will spend man city money but if they can go from nothing to signing robinho over night we can start signing a better quality of player as of this summer.

Also £12m in this day and age in the prem is peanuts yet people are talking as if I've said we'll spend £80m on one player, the fact that we only have enough to sign 2 players for that amount for a club of our stature and size is simply stupid not the idea of signing the players

Also I'm not knocking hoolahan as a player and if we had signed him this summer I think I would have thought this was an OK signing to see us through, my complaint is that a signing like this shows that there's no intent to move this "plan" on to the next step, if that's the case the patience has gone if lambert is happy with this then He needs to go to because this would not represent the "plan" at all and European football will never be the aim no matter how many times the ginger warrior says it

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Wes Hoolahan born 20th may 1982......very close to a day dear to many of our hearts........so he is nearly 32 and spent almost his entire career in the lower leagues and now can't get into a struggling Norwich team, good players get played at struggling teams if they consistently perform. Not seen enough to fairly judge him, i know he can look quality at times but so does KEA.

I will welcome him like i would any player but if you just look at the facts in black and white it shows how far we have fallen that some seem to think he is what we are crying out for. I see him as a squad player.

yes dorset, a squad player, i don't think any one else thinks he can be more than that, but he will be a squad player that's a little bit better than most we have that plays in his position, and if he is better, that is an improvement no matter how small, as i said before, if we don't have, or we wont spend, then that is the best we will get, so i think everyone has to get used to that, and start supporting what we have and what we can get, as you say, we have fallen a long way down, im just hoping that the rebuild plan works out no matter how long it takes, i would rather move up one step at a time, than 2 steps down, and before anyone says it, i don't think signing hoolahan is a step down, as the late great johnny cash said, one piece at a time.

Wes Hoolahan born 20th may 1982......very close to a day dear to many of our hearts........so he is nearly 32 and spent almost his entire career in the lower leagues and now can't get into a struggling Norwich team, good players get played at struggling teams if they consistently perform. Not seen enough to fairly judge him, i know he can look quality at times but so does KEA.

I will welcome him like i would any player but if you just look at the facts in black and white it shows how far we have fallen that some seem to think he is what we are crying out for. I see him as a squad player.

Rickie Lambert has played in the lower leagues his whole career, I think you're really underestimating Wes Hoolahan

@Callum_sleezby

PSN : eAzY-Tig3r_

332rpqx.jpg

yes dorset, a squad player, i don't think any one else thinks he can be more than that, but he will be a squad player that's a little bit better than most we have that plays in his position, and if he is better, that is an improvement no matter how small, as i said before, if we don't have, or we wont spend, then that is the best we will get, so i think everyone has to get used to that, and start supporting what we have and what we can get, as you say, we have fallen a long way down, im just hoping that the rebuild plan works out no matter how long it takes, i would rather move up one step at a time, than 2 steps down, and before anyone says it, i don't think signing hoolahan is a step down, as the late great johnny cash said, one piece at a time.

I don't think he's a step down, he's at least as good as what we have, I'm just not convinced he is any better. Given the choice of signing him or not i would choose to sign him but we are crying out for quality and i don't think he is it.

As far as the spending is concerned we have been led to believe the club is now in a position to loosen the purse strings, so a couple of players that signal intent and Hoolahan is great, but Hoolahan and a couple of unknowns isn't.

The latter could work but as a transfer policy it isn't going to put bums on seats.