FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa 1 Sheffield United 2

avstu

Good news. I will never forget that stupid smile on Ireland´s face after last years disaster. I will never forgive that, it showed to me, that losing meant nothing to him, which is equal to the fact, that Aston Villa meant nothing to him. So a little fist-fight or whatever is just good news. Maybe they care, after all, are bitterly disappointed after that performance or would have liked to use a different tactic etc.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry guys I can't be bothered to read all the posts BUT Anyone trying to defend lambert in any way shape or form HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

I had TalkSport on the radio on the way home... They claimed that the shock of the day took place at Villa Park... I felt confused, as I didn't remember seeing us win...

I watch practically every single match, or is it only people who get to go to VP? Notice I say "get to" too.. I don't think there's a single person who posts regular on here who wouldn't be an ST hold

A mean come on, you think that a scot manager care for the english FA cup?

what a ridiculous comment!

Lambert (along with 98%) of Villa fans will put the league first over the cup, and the fact he is scottish means nothing whatsoever!

Who was the last English Manager to win the FA Cup anyway???? Twitchy face i think?? does that mean every non English manager who won the Cup does not care about it???

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

what a ridiculous comment!

Lambert (along with 98%) of Villa fans will put the league first over the cup, and the fact he is scottish means nothing whatsoever!

Who was the last English Manager to win the FA Cup anyway???? Twitchy face i think?? does that mean every non English manager who won the Cup does not care about it???

"I know there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction," he said. "And I can understand because we want to win. But as well, its important we dont go overboard. If everybody is absolutely devastated when we finished third in the league, I promise you I will not be here when we finish 15th one day.

He went on to further push home his achievements over his 16 years in charge by telling the fans in the most direct and defiant way possible where his and the clubs priorities lie.

"I would like to come back to one thing. We speak about trophies. For me, there are five trophies - the first is to win the Premier League, the second is to win the Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League, the fourth is to win the FA Cup and the fifth is to win the League Cup.

"I say that because if you want to attract the best players, they do not ask: 'did you win the League Cup?', they ask you: 'do you play in the Champions League?

Lambert's quote not real different than the view of Wenger.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Good news. I will never forget that stupid smile on Ireland´s face after last years disaster. I will never forgive that, it showed to me, that losing meant nothing to him, which is equal to the fact, that Aston Villa meant nothing to him. So a little fist-fight or whatever is just good news. Maybe they care, after all, are bitterly disappointed after that performance or would have liked to use a different tactic etc.

I don't think I've ever watched this Villa side and thought that they don't care. I think it's simply down to the fact that they're not very good footballers and they're set up by a tactically inept manager.

We didn't lose this match because of what Lambert said, nor did we lose it because we wanted to. We lost it because we weren't good enough against a side 18th in League One.

Archived