FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa 1 Sheffield United 2

avstu

So being higher in the league than before conceding less goals than before and having a bigger squad on lower wages is nothing but a load of old bollocks.

Like I said above most of the progress is off the pitch and the next year or so it should translate onto the pitch, I'm not defending the loss at all but a little reality check is needed IMO. We have progressed I just think people have forgotten his how bad we were, just because we're still shite doesn't mean we haven't progressed.

But most people dont pay good money to see what is going on behind closed doors do they? When I pay for a ticket I ask for one thing: spirited performance. The team should be out there to win, put in their all and do their best. This rarely ever happens lateley.

We are where we are in the league through the fact that there are teams that are shitter and less lucky than we are. The progress is not fast enough. Nobody expects miracles, Champions league or even Europa league. And ignore the 11th place we have at the moment. Fact is that we are not good enough and there are teams with restraints that are so much better than us. I take points when I can and results any way that they come. But I would urge you to watch or listen to the team play, whenever you can (I am not having a dig either mate, I know you cant always get to see the matches). The progress needs to be made on the pitch and fast cos relegation will be a further financial blow that would mean that any stabilising and whatever behind the scenes will mean nothing.

The fact is that the reorganisation that is needed is to get Lerner out and rebuild with owners who can invest or even care about the club

some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry guys I can't be bothered to read all the posts BUT Anyone trying to defend lambert in any way shape or form HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

I had TalkSport on the radio on the way home... They claimed that the shock of the day took place at Villa Park... I felt confused, as I didn't remember seeing us win...

I watch practically every single match, or is it only people who get to go to VP? Notice I say "get to" too.. I don't think there's a single person who posts regular on here who wouldn't be an ST hold

But most people dont pay good money to see what is going on behind closed doors do they? When I pay for a ticket I ask for one thing: spirited performance. The team should be out there to win, put in their all and do their best. This rarely ever happens lateley. We are where we are in the league through the fact that there are teams that are shitter and less lucky than we are. The progress is not fast enough. Nobody expects miracles, Champions league or even Europa league. And ignore the 11th place we have at the moment. Fact is that we are not good enough and there are teams with restraints that are so much better than us. I take points when I can and results any way that they come. But I would urge you to watch or listen to the team play, whenever you can (I am not having a dig either mate, I know you cant always get to see the matches). The progress needs to be made on the pitch and fast cos relegation will be a further financial blow that would mean that any stabilising and whatever behind the scenes will mean nothing. The fact is that the reorganisation that is needed is to get Lerner out and rebuild with owners who can invest or even care about the club
Too true I pay good money to watch Villa . Win loose or draw I ask for one thing fight til the 90 the minute and show spirit and care about what the fans have to go through every week

Too true I pay good money to watch Villa . Win loose or draw I ask for one thing fight til the 90 the minute and show spirit and care about what the fans have to go through every week

It isnt much to ask. I would support my beloved Villa in whatever league, even if they lost every week, so long as they showed fight. We are a laughing stock at the moment

It isnt much to ask. I would support my beloved Villa in whatever league, even if they lost every week, so long as they showed fight. We are a laughing stock at the moment
Everyone I know is just taking the p*ss. The latest comment in at my local is are you going down the hall of memories this week. Wankers p*ss taking but at the moment they are right

That for me is why I think Lambert is on the brink, we aren't fighting anymore.

Embarrassed to be a Vila fan tonite . Awfull, awfull football Will still be there at arsenal , Liverpool,WBA,Everton ,, but my alliance is waining for the first time in 44 years !!, Please god. Get lambert out

funniest.gif

My God, really wish I'd come straight home and not bothered with the stopover to watch that shite.

Albrighton was the only one with any life about him today really, apart from maybe Helenius.

Lambert's words will come back to haunt him now and cannot believe he said he couldn't fault the lads' "attitude and endeavour" after that display. He's taking the p*ss now.

2426f5x.png

Everyone I know is just taking the p*ss. The latest comment in at my local is are you going down the hall of memories this week. Wankers p*ss taking but at the moment they are right

It isnt like we are asking for the world either is it? Gonna have a few beers and rant and rave methinks.

My God, really wish I'd come straight home and not bothered with the stopover to watch that shite.

Albrighton was the only one with any life about him today really, apart from maybe Helenius.

Lambert's words will come back to haunt him now and cannot believe he said he couldn't fault the lads' "attitude and endeavour" after that display. He's taking the p*ss now.

was you there Anne? never saw ya, both me and joe were dam cold and lonely----my row empty first time in many a day!!!!!

in fact of the 25 regulars that sit around us ONLY joe boy and me witnessed this embarrassment----says a blinking lot dont it!!!

lambo are you reading? taking the pi** my Lord taking the pi**---anyone who was there today can clearly see we are in a f****g mess!!

victories breed confidence----defeats wreck confidenceand can put you in a downward spiral--- BEWARE!

Lambo get another P.R. geezer the one you got now aint worth their salt!! that statement made incidentally at the wrong time completely-about the F.A CUP,being a distraction--- which in fact was heralded prior to kick off over the P.A. as being the biggest and best competition in the world or something along them lines!!!! how f****g hyocritical can this club The Famous ASTON VILLA be!!! totally un f**g believable!!!!

we have a 25 man squad why are we so frightened of injuries---if they aint good enough --get f*****g well rid!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

was you there Anne? never saw ya, both me and joe were dam cold and lonely----my row empty first time in many a day!!!!!in fact of the 25 regulars that sit around us ONLY joe boy and me witnessed this embarrassment----says a blinking lot dont it!!!lambo are you reading? taking the pi** my Lord taking the pi**---anyone who was there today can clearly see we are in a f**g mess!!
Freddy,,, when was the football any worse before lambert ?

funniest.gif

Archived