FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa 1 Sheffield United 2

avstu

Don't think anyone has tried to justify a defeat I think everyone has said its sh*t, the thing that people are doing is blaming lambert when you have the look at the reality of the situation and the fact that this is a long term thing we're trying to do and it's not going to be easy or pretty but to get the results desired you have to stick by it. The only other way out of it is to spend big and it ain't happening so why bitch and moan about the manager and what's going on when the problems lie far deeper and they're not going to change any time soon, the foundations are being laid to fix the problem though.

+1precisely

newcomer.png

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry guys I can't be bothered to read all the posts BUT Anyone trying to defend lambert in any way shape or form HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

I had TalkSport on the radio on the way home... They claimed that the shock of the day took place at Villa Park... I felt confused, as I didn't remember seeing us win...

I watch practically every single match, or is it only people who get to go to VP? Notice I say "get to" too.. I don't think there's a single person who posts regular on here who wouldn't be an ST hold

eh, if u look at positioning of the squad i would call it desperate. u can have a first team out but if u put benteke in net and guzan up front im sure it makes a difference, hmmmm maybe lol

there was a game i remember i think it was cardiff we put lowton at rb and bacuna in midfield in the second half, i thought he was gonna mess around with the formation idea

Arsenal are fielding an experimental team,Fabianski is in goal!!!

wZaXfsX.jpg

"...not to try be contender in all competitions". What ? What competitions ? We should try and win everyone we ever attend to. But, of course, if we continue like this, it´s only league games, which league, we´ll see in May. And what strategy is to lose ? It´s not strategy, it´s something a manager should not have in his vocabulary.

If our game is awful to watch and we get bad results, something must be done. I sincerely hope, that we have progressed that much, that we don´t get 5-0 or beyond thrashing in the next two games. If we would have lost after great battle with high spirits today, it would have been okay to me. But after toothless and lame showing, I´m gutted to the bone.

No mate your wrong, that was embarrassing . Hoof ball again, players who have no pride in wearing the mighty Aston villa shirt, payers who look clueless, a manager who doesn't have a clue and an owner who does nothing about it.

bang on man-----hooball yetagain against 2 giant centre backs, Benteke bullied out of the game, 2 shots on target against ,-- The Blades currently struggling in Div 1,

the faithful ive spoken to today who said they would,nt have bothered turning out if lambo had said earlier about the F.A. Cup being a "disraction!!!"

well were out of it now can concentrate on what matters survival,

No mate your wrong, that was embarrassing . Hoof ball again, players who have no pride in wearing the mighty Aston villa shirt, payers who look clueless, a manager who doesn't have a clue and an owner who does nothing about it.

dumped by Bradford City Millwall and now Blades in 2 seasons---gee thats a record to be real proud of!!!

today only "supa-marc" and Helenius seemed bothered ---even Delphy was,nt firing on all cylinders----lambo,s words when he spoke for--"three quarters of premier league managers" must have been wringing in their ears, no pride no passion no commitment and no f******g HEART!!!!!!

lambo ol, lad 19,000 Villa fans were short, very short changed this cold damp afternoon---how,s about a refund!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Arsenal are fielding an experimental team,Fabianski is in goal!!!

arsenal having been building that team for a long time under the same manager with restless fans calling for wengers head, the only thing thats the same as villa is some fans are calling for lamberts head. seriously man talk sense

newcomer.png

Skyba. We ARE playing sh*t football. Don´t think different manager would change it, for worse... I understand, that 18 months is not enough for this "project", but, I can´t see any progress. In my opinion, we have played much worse than at the last seasons end for quite a while now. Most concerning is the fact, that the team spirit seems to be lost, there´s no heart and soul in the field right now. Something is wrong. I´m beginning to think, it´s got something to do with Lamberts persona. Mirror image is cracking.

With what's going on at the villa at the moment you cannot judge everything on performances, the project is to tnasform the entire club to make it work and then the impact of that will improve the football.

Whether you think it or not we are 11th in the table and although we are sh*t you never know what you're going to get, a win a loss? Nobody knows, in seasons past we've been pretty much going into most games knowing we'll lose.

We had the smallest squad in the prem, now we have a decent amount of depth to work with, we now need to sift through his and replace it with quality but at least we have a squad to do that with.

The wage bill is lower and the high earning non performers are gone also, that's where the progress has been made in the last 18 months, it's not yet translating onto the pitch but that's life, without big bucks there's no easy fix, this is the way they want to do it, I don't agree with it at all I think Lerner is a c**t but that's not going to change things is it, this is the oath they're taking and you have to judge it all on that plan and IMO they're doing as well as they can using the path they have chosen.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Every single time I watch his post match interview,that old saying pops into my empty head,"Never argue with idiots,they just beat you down with stupidity"

Your a better man than me I can't tell what he's saying, just looks down at the ground, mumbling from what I see looking at the top of his head. I wish I was as big an idiot as him, he's earning millions for this debacle.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

bang on man-----hooball yetagain against 2 giant centre backs, Benteke bullied out of the game, 2 shots on target against ,-- The Blades currently struggling in Div 1, the faithful ive spoken to today who said they would,nt have bothered turning out if lambo had said earlier about the F.A. Cup being a "disraction!!!" well were out of it now can concentrate on what matters survival, dumped by Bradford City Millwall and now Blades in 2 seasons---gee thats a record to be real proud of!!! today only "supa-marc" and Helenius seemed bothered ---even Delphy was,nt firing on all cylinders----lambo,s words when he spoke for--"three quarters of premier league managers" must have been wringing in their ears, no pride no passion no commitment and no f******g HEART!!!!!! lambo ol, lad 19,000 Villa fans were short, very short changed this cold damp afternoon---how,s about a refund!!
I told Psul franks on wm lambert should give us a refund !!!

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Don't think anyone has tried to justify a defeat I think everyone has said its sh*t, the thing that people are doing is blaming lambert when you have the look at the reality of the situation and the fact that this is a long term thing we're trying to do and it's not going to be easy or pretty but to get the results desired you have to stick by it. The only other way out of it is to spend big and it ain't happening so why bitch and moan about the manager and what's going on when the problems lie far deeper and they're not going to change any time soon, the foundations are being laid to fix the problem though.

Sorry but I'm not asking to be Title contenders/Champions league or Europa, I'm asking for the team to be continuously going in the right direction the problem this season we are going backwards, the football is awful, the tactics are constantly wrong at home especially against teams that are similar quality to us. How many other managers have restraints yet get the best from the squad. I don't see any shoots of improvement or any reason to back Lambert I just see embarrassment and failure and this should never be accepted by Aston Villa fans.

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

Sorry but I'm not asking to be Title contenders/Champions league or Europa, I'm asking for the team to be continuously going in the right direction the problem this season we are going backwards, the football is awful, the tactics are constantly wrong at home especially against teams that are similar quality to us. How many other managers have restraints yet get the best from the squad. I don't see any shoots of improvement or any reason to back Lambert I just seen embarrassment and failure and this should never be accepted by Aston Villa fans.

So being higher in the league than before conceding less goals than before and having a bigger squad on lower wages is nothing but a load of old bollocks.

Like I said above most of the progress is off the pitch and the next year or so it should translate onto the pitch, I'm not defending the loss at all but a little reality check is needed IMO. We have progressed I just think people have forgotten his how bad we were, just because we're still shite doesn't mean we haven't progressed.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Archived