FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa 1 Sheffield United 2

avstu

i said before villa are 2-3 signings away from being quite a good side i take that back at least 5 signings needed & lerner needs to splash the cash its all good signing all these young projects but estableshd players in their peak yrs are needed imo if nothing drastic happens in january its defo squeeky bum time

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry guys I can't be bothered to read all the posts BUT Anyone trying to defend lambert in any way shape or form HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

I had TalkSport on the radio on the way home... They claimed that the shock of the day took place at Villa Park... I felt confused, as I didn't remember seeing us win...

I watch practically every single match, or is it only people who get to go to VP? Notice I say "get to" too.. I don't think there's a single person who posts regular on here who wouldn't be an ST hold

frustrating time for yer. how much is it down to players out of form and injured and how much is it lambert employing poor footy? then you factor in a wage bill restricting the talent lambert can bring into help improve the situation. Agree anyone can lose in the cup. I can see why it's right to give lambert the benefit of the doubt and time with all the factors influencing his time in charge apart from his style of football he chooses.

+1 LIVERPOOL FOR RELEGATION

newcomer.png

Confidence counts for a lot in football, the fact a struggling team from two leagues below us can come to our ground and beat us is a major concern.

And while ordinarily I wouldn't read much into a one off game the result was no great surprise, where was the fight ? where was the pride ?

I'm all for patience and have felt that Lambert shouldn't be judged until next season but this game has to be a major reality check for all involved and the only positive I can take from it is just maybe Lerner will be more inclined to allow lambert to bring in some quality.

If this as a one off result and that he played all of his buys from the off,like Helenius,Bowery etc,etc......I wouldnt read into it,it would be a "freak"b result,but its not! Itsnow a regular bad performance after bad performance............Id rather go down fighting than with a whimper.

wZaXfsX.jpg

embarrassing is to be playing with these teams alll season long, not a one off in a cup game.
No mate your wrong, that was embarrassing . Hoof ball again, players who have no pride in wearing the mighty Aston villa shirt, payers who look clueless, a manager who doesn't have a clue and an owner who does nothing about it.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Skyba. We ARE playing sh*t football. Don´t think different manager would change it, for worse... I understand, that 18 months is not enough for this "project", but, I can´t see any progress. In my opinion, we have played much worse than at the last seasons end for quite a while now. Most concerning is the fact, that the team spirit seems to be lost, there´s no heart and soul in the field right now. Something is wrong. I´m beginning to think, it´s got something to do with Lamberts persona. Mirror image is cracking.

Agreed mate, where is all this so called small progress , I've not seen it , we will be caught out this season as the injuries will expose our cheap squad with again no experience or confidence to get ball down and play,, we are possibly as bad as the o Leary season ,,

we have players coming back from injury, players not playing in there right position, key players might i add also out. (guzan vlaar gabby) i could add kea to that list considering tonev got his game instead. theres no concern from me what so ever. its just the game wasnt important for us. blackburn drew with man city today, would u rather we draw with su and then we have to play them again and be wrecked for the premier league game afterwards ?? the result is nothing to be concerned about imo, well not in the fa cup or the captial cup

No I wouldn't want to replay Sheffield I would expect the team villa fielded today to beat Sheffield at home first time

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

The football has got so bad especially at home I had to miss Swansea and I didn't go today, I have been leaving Villa park most home games dejected and borderline angry I don't want to feel like that it shouldn't be that way!

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

No mate your wrong, that was embarrassing . Hoof ball again, players who have no pride in wearing the mighty Aston villa shirt, payers who look clueless, a manager who doesn't have a clue and an owner who does nothing about it.
100% agree with you

we have to disagree man, i think this was stratedgic if anything. lamberts comments before the game said it all to me. i was also expecting the same tbh. i just cant see the strength in the team to try be contenders in all competetions

newcomer.png

Archived