FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa 1 Sheffield United 2

avstu

Hahaa, I do like your posts lol.

Villa fans have never been known for patience but if we are going to progress we have to have some, it's going to be sh*t and tough but I'll trade long term success for a few sh*t seasons.

Also people need to realise that long term success and a quick fix are two different things, the quick fix is what left us in this situation we're in now.

Agree completely. But i think in general our fanbase has been more patient than usual and I can't blame people for being upset at us losing to a lower league side....at home.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry guys I can't be bothered to read all the posts BUT Anyone trying to defend lambert in any way shape or form HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

I had TalkSport on the radio on the way home... They claimed that the shock of the day took place at Villa Park... I felt confused, as I didn't remember seeing us win...

I watch practically every single match, or is it only people who get to go to VP? Notice I say "get to" too.. I don't think there's a single person who posts regular on here who wouldn't be an ST hold

Confidence counts for a lot in football, the fact a struggling team from two leagues below us can come to our ground and beat us is a major concern.

And while ordinarily I wouldn't read much into a one off game the result was no great surprise, where was the fight ? where was the pride ?

I'm all for patience and have felt that Lambert shouldn't be judged until next season but this game has to be a major reality check for all involved and the only positive I can take from it is just maybe Lerner will be more inclined to allow lambert to bring in some quality.

And this is where the problem lies, you genuinely think 18 months is enough to fix all the problems??

It would be a difficult enough task of Lerner gave him the money MON had, but to do it on a shoestring budget whilst being told to get rid of all high earners makes it even more difficult.

For me if we finish higher in the table then that's progress and I can see that happening easily, IMO we won't see real game by game progress till part way through next season and even then it'll just be a little bit of consistency.

Patience is what's needed and the ability to see your team doing shite for a bit. But what would you prefer? What we are seeing now for a couple seasons but the club become self sufficient and either Lerner invest any profit or sells on to someone who will, or keep sacking managers who will keep selling and buying players resulting in more and more losses for the club and a constant circle of sh*t football and different managers.

I agree with Lerner is squeezing the club dry and it's proving that you only get what you pay for in this league, but we are not improving not one inch, and we will be relegated if things don't change as we are getting away with it as there has been 3 shitter teams over last two seasons than us,,

And I don't want to watch this shite for any longer than the end of this month,, it's a lambert problem,, he sets the team up he trains them all week, Lerner can only be blamed for so much,, in premier league 18 months is long enough,,

Shambles

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Skyba. We ARE playing sh*t football. Don´t think different manager would change it, for worse... I understand, that 18 months is not enough for this "project", but, I can´t see any progress. In my opinion, we have played much worse than at the last seasons end for quite a while now. Most concerning is the fact, that the team spirit seems to be lost, there´s no heart and soul in the field right now. Something is wrong. I´m beginning to think, it´s got something to do with Lamberts persona. Mirror image is cracking.

11th in the table.. Knocked out of the FA Cup (what the FA Cup is famous for, lower league teams beating premiership teams), City (that club that will win the title this season) could only manage a draw.. But f*ck it I agree, lambert out!! Give the fans what they want Lerner! We want to rebuild and bring through youth and win things all at the same time! We want NO sh*t performances, we want NO difficult seasons, but we want a new manager after one and a half seasons as we are only 11th in the table because of luck! Bring in.... I don't know.. Villas Boas! He'll do.. Because Lambert is sh*t, and because we wouldn't know patience if it kicked us in the bollocks! LAMBERT OUT!!!

frustrating time for yer. how much is it down to players out of form and injured and how much is it lambert employing poor footy? then you factor in a wage bill restricting the talent lambert can bring into help improve the situation. Agree anyone can lose in the cup. I can see why it's right to give lambert the benefit of the doubt and time with all the factors influencing his time in charge apart from his style of football he chooses.

stevo, this isn't an isolated event, we were embarrsed by Millwall, lost against Bradford on agg.......

embarrassing is to be playing with these teams alll season long, not a one off in a cup game.

newcomer.png

Archived