Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

The Film Thread

watched a film last nite, well a documentary film blackfish (imdb 8.0) its about the orcas kept at sea world, how they were caught, trained, what they live like behind the scenes and the killings and how sea world handled it im not really an animal lover but this film i thought was really well done. it was hard to find on the net if u want it for free but i think netflix have it for rent. really good film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OEjYquyjcg'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OEjYquyjcg
Great documentary, check out a movie called Rust and Bone, the perfect movie to watch after Blackfish.

Great documentary, check out a movie called Rust and Bone, the perfect movie to watch after Blackfish.

i will give it a look in, im trying to get my hands on another film, its called Her (imdb 7.1). its about a guy that falls in love with artificial intelligence. looks weird but in saying that very interesting lol. i tried to get it off the net for free and ended up gettin a trojan on my pc, so just in case u are searching for it, stay away from the torrents

I wont be inviting you round for a weekend to watch the carry on films then. :wahey:

I love carry on films so let me know !

I know: why watch that when they could be at a scarecrow festival?

Thats true, however, one scarecrow weekend got me -

Hull Away

West Brom Away

Southampton away

Stoke Away

Fair swap ?

Hull Away

West Brom Away

Southampton away

Stoke Away

Fair swap ?

Sounds like worzil had his crafty head on. :lolthumb:

Sounds like worzil had his crafty head on. :lolthumb:

Correct !

Hull Away

West Brom Away

Southampton away

Stoke Away

Fair swap ?

To miss Villa beat Man City? Tricky one there, matey.

• Upvote 1

Gravity was amazing. What 3D was made for.

If it wasn't for the amazing 3D I don't think that film would be all that. I doubt I'll bother watching a 2-D version of it when its out

To miss Villa beat Man City? Tricky one there, matey.

Watched us beat Man city last season !!

If it wasn't for the amazing 3D I don't think that film would be all that. I doubt I'll bother watching a 2-D version of it when its out

As far as storytelling goes i agree.. but i don't think that's the point at all. It literally took my breath away numerous times, just the f**cking scope of the movie. I agree though i doubt i'd watch it in 2d on my tv.. but if in a few years they did another run in the cinemas i'd go to an IMAX in a second to watch it again.

sacro sacro sacro where do i begin lol

watched rust and bone. what can i say hmmmm lol. was moving at times i thought it was very slow, well i think most french films are a little slow like la haine. overall i found it a little confusing and then it clicked about 1.5hrs in lol. it was a good film, ther was alot of scenes i found that were just filling up time, the amount of sex scenes in it i didnt really understand the point... if i ever hear the saying "im OP" again it will be too soon lol

i enjoyed the film though and cheers for the heads up

watched captain phillips last nite, was really lookin forward to it. thought this film was gonna have a great story line, turned it off before it even got to the end. on the other hand i have alan partridge alpha papa for tonite so hopefully thats better.

good films are like gold dust this year

took the lads advice on this site talking about gravity, went in to it expecting to just watch special effects and not much of a story. the film itself i thought was very good, im not a fan of sandra bullock or george clooney but as i know very little about space, this seemed very realistic to me, the specail effects, well what can i say, prolly the best film i have seen in 3-D. some of the action was breath taken really really impressive.

its the best film i have seen in the cinema this year, though i wouldnt wait for it to be on dvd.

very happy i didnt miss this one in the cinema.

watched the wolf of wall street (8.6imdb) saw the uncut version which is apparently an extra 30mins longer resulting in 3.5 hrs. NOW before i start i just wanna say, im not a fan of films over 2hrs but this had me glued to the screen all the way through. absolutely brilliant from di caprio and scorsese stuck to the book for about 90% dont go to the cinema if u want to watch the uncut version. its not a film i would go to watch in the cinema to tell u the truth, just as good as at home. my rating 9/10 and im a picky muther fuker lol

watched the wolf of wall street (8.6imdb) saw the uncut version which is apparently an extra 30mins longer resulting in 3.5 hrs. NOW before i start i just wanna say, im not a fan of films over 2hrs but this had me glued to the screen all the way through. absolutely brilliant from di caprio and scorsese stuck to the book for about 90% dont go to the cinema if u want to watch the uncut version. its not a film i would go to watch in the cinema to tell u the truth, just as good as at home. my rating 9/10 and im a picky muther fuker lol
Great film loved every second of it, didn't watch the uncut version though. I've only just seen your post about Rust and Bone too haha I agree with your points, loved the movie though. Have you seen a Korean movie called I Saw The Devil? It's on Netflix, f**cking brilliant fun film.

Great film loved every second of it, didn't watch the uncut version though. I've only just seen your post about Rust and Bone too haha I agree with your points, loved the movie though. Have you seen a Korean movie called I Saw The Devil? It's on Netflix, f**cking brilliant fun film.

lol rust and bone. i havent seen that other film ur talkin about i will give it a shot :D

man i got the uncut version from ahem an indian website lol. i havent seen the normal one but im told the uncut is alot better. it was 720p quality and for a film in the cinema thats pretty impressive.

just looked ur other film up on imdb, will look into it during the week, good rating

Some quality movies in last few weeks, like u said wolf of wall street , also seen American hustle which was great movie also, I'm big fan of war movies and must say lone survivor is one of best I've seen in few years

Some quality movies in last few weeks, like u said wolf of wall street , also seen American hustle which was great movie also, I'm big fan of war movies and must say lone survivor is one of best I've seen in few years

tbh im not mad into movies as i get so frustrated watching shite. for every 10 films u watch u might find 1 good one.

i tend to sit in once a week with the missus and watch films. so say i watched 52 films last year and these are the only ones i can think of that i thought worht mentioning

django unchained western/crime (imdb 8.5)

broken city crime ( imdb 6.1)

evil dead horror (imdb 6.5)

elysium action/sci fi (imdb 6.9)

the call crime/thriller (imdb 6.6)

trance crime/drama/mystery (imdb 6.9)

jack the giant slayer. adventure (imdb 6.3)

this is the end. comedy (imdb 7.0)

oh and gravity but not if ur gonna watch it at home, get the 20 quid tickets and watch it in the cinema even though they are robbing b@stards