avstu

The Film Thread

191 posts in this topic

Seen the latest release? Tell us the film(s) you have watched and what you thought of them?

I am not a massive film buff but Sky offered me the movie channels for the next 3 months at £1 a month so I thought why not seeing as its Christmas soon and no doubt there will be plenty of decent films on there.

I managed to watch that 'Dark Night Rises' on Demand and really enjoyed it. When I saw it advertised I couldnt see how Anne Hathaway would fit in a film like this but shes great in it :)

Anchorman 2 coming out December 20th - cant wait

Never got the hype over Anchorman - always thought it was silly rather than funny. Ill take Hangover over that all day.

Anchorman 2 coming out December 20th - cant wait

Cant wait for that! Hilarious stuff

Never got the hype over Anchorman - always thought it was silly rather than funny. Ill take Hangover over that all day.

I reckon they are getting shitter and shitter. First one was class

never actually seen the hangover, but ive heard good reviews, ill get the dvd soon and watch it.

I spose anchorman aint everyones cup of tea, but I find the more times you watch it the funnier it gets.

Just imagine hearing Ron burgundy, Brick and Brian's voice. cracks me up:

Brian Fantana: (about Veronica) I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.
[opens cologne cabinet]
Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.
Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.
Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.
Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

I watched the new tom hanks film captain Phillips and enjoyed it.

Also watched I spit on your grave 2, that is a dimitri type movie.

Seen the latest release? Tell us the film(s) you have watched and what you thought of them?

I am not a massive film buff but Sky offered me the movie channels for the next 3 months at £1 a month so I thought why not seeing as its Christmas soon and no doubt there will be plenty of decent films on there.

I managed to watch that 'Dark Night Rises' on Demand and really enjoyed it. When I saw it advertised I couldnt see how Anne Hathaway would fit in a film like this but shes great in it :)

Anne Hathaway was bad ass in that movie...

I'm in the minority but that was my favorite movie in the Dark Knight Trilogy.

the way way back is a great little film and the purge are the only films I've enjoyed lately

the way way back is a great little film and the purge are the only films I've enjoyed lately

I thought The Purge sucked...fascinating idea though

the dark knight trilogy are amazing both of them. anyone no where you can watch films online? FREE

the dark knight trilogy are amazing both of them. anyone no where you can watch films online? FREE
Get your mom to phone sky and ask what deals they have on the movie channels. That's all I did and I got them for £1 a month for the next three months.

over the last few weeks sat with my boys and watched, a fist full of dollars, a few dollars more and the good the bad and the ugly.

great films and my kids loved them.

will probably sit down with them next and do all the James Bonds from the start to finish.

Going to watch Gravity in 3D on Friday, that looks amazing.

Same here, imax friday night

Watched these withing the last week.

R.I.P.D.- sh*t. poor CGI.

Olympus has fallen - Good action, Unrealistic plot(but i don't think they were going for realistic just kick ass)

World war Z - didn't want to enjoy it but did. camera work was deliberately disorientating.

One chance - got dragged my the missus to see it but ended up enjoying it. typical heart warming story of overcoming ones demons.

Now You See Me - Good film, makes you think.

films so far this year that i have seen that i think are worth a shot are as follows

django unchained western/crime (imdb 8.5)

broken city crime ( imdb 6.1)

evil dead horror (imdb 6.5)

elysium action/sci fi (imdb 6.9)

the call crime/thriller (imdb 6.6)

trance crime/drama/mystery (imdb 6.9)

jack the giant slayer. adventure (imdb 6.3)

this is the end. comedy (imdb 7.0)

this year i have seen most block busters, oblivion, world war z, pacific rim etc

i can safely say they are all super shite. i dont know how these type of brain dead movies even get to the cimema with expectation of been good. over all a disapointing year for movies.

next film i would like to see is captain philips

other than that i cant think of another film coming out this year that i want to watch.

This is the end was well funny. I wanted to watch Rihanna die over and over

This is the end was well funny. I wanted to watch Rihanna die over and over

yeah that film, super bad, and team america would be up the very top for my fav comedies

thought i was goin to see The Worlds End by the guys that did shaun of the dead in the cinema and mistakingly went in and watched that flick lol. quality film

Get your mom to phone sky and ask what deals they have on the movie channels. That's all I did and I got them for £1 a month for the next three months.
I have sky movies

Watched 'Green Street' that I'd somehow never seen before. Fell asleep.

Watched 'Great Expectations' with Robert DeNiro. Fell asleep.

Watched 'Away Days'. Wish I'd fallen asleep.

Watched Django unchained a couple of weeks back......absolutely loved it and had a big grin on my face from ear to ear.

In response to some of the other posts. Love all the new Batman films, can't watch anything with Will Ferrel in it, I find him to irritating.

And Deano good to see you giving them lads a good movie education, Eastwood and Bond absolute class. Which reminds me I saw Skyfall a while back and is as good as any bond film ever made.

Watched Django unchained a couple of weeks back......absolutely loved it and had a big grin on my face from ear to ear.

In response to some of the other posts. Love all the new Batman films, can't watch anything with Will Ferrel in it, I find him to irritating.

And Deano good to see you giving them lads a good movie education, Eastwood and Bond absolute class. Which reminds me I saw Skyfall a while back and is as good as any bond film ever made.

Nice one dorset, watched skyfall myself not long back. love the bond movies, goldfinger is still the best.

will have to start them on hammer horrer films soon.

Watched 'Green Street' that I'd somehow never seen before. Fell asleep.

Watched 'Great Expectations' with Robert DeNiro. Fell asleep.

Watched 'Away Days'. Wish I'd fallen asleep.

Green street 2 and 3 are proper shite