FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0

avstu

He wasted 20 million in the last days of the transfer window

I think PL was rebuilding the squad since we've had a poor squad when PL took over. With that £20m we have bought many young players. From now on, since the main squad has been built I think we may buy quality players to improve while still spending £20m each summer.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other way of looking at it is, yes we were sh*t today but west ham (a genuine mid-table team) could not beat us. We are nothing if we are not resilient .

A point that needs to be taken into consideration, was it not 26 odd games without a clean sheet?? we have now had 3 in 6 games. improvement. The performance was shite but with 4 first team player

Gabby epitomises Paul Lambert's stock answer : 'I can't fault them for effort'. No matter what, Gabby does and will continue to give his all for Aston Villa.

I think PL was rebuilding the squad since we've had a poor squad when PL took over. With that £20m we have bought many young players. From now on, since the main squad has been built I think we may buy quality players to improve while still spending £20m each summer.

That's what I'm hoping to see, lamberts been here just over a year and has completely rebuilt the squad. We can all see it's far from perfect but we are looking a good bet for mid table, the foundations are laid now he can start adding those one or two special players that add that little bit of quality.

Can't overlook the effect injuries have had on us. Today was a prime example. Started without Gabby, Delph, Luna, Bennett, and Okore. Bacuna picks up a knock during the match, as does Lowton, who both played on. Weimann goes off with a hamstring.

Hard to sub if there is a concern that Bacuna and Lowton are injured. No fullbacks to choose from, and you don't want to put Clark/Baker out there because we saw last week that doesn't work.

Still mid table. Not threatened by relegation, not pushing for Europe. Mid table. That's gonna be our season.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

What a load of bollocks....you just want Lerner out and some oil rich Ayerabs to take over...you seriously think we've progressed since this time last season? I agree, there are SOME positives...but not many...As for Lambert working a tight buget...Bollocks....He wasted 20 million in the last days of the transfer window....If he didn't...why isnt he playing these players he spent millions on???Lets face it....Randy is still here , and you dont like it...2 seasons after you (Skyba) reported that the ARABS were taking over at VP.....No matter who runs AVFC.you need a good manager to pick and run the team...PL is not that manager at this time...

Nice to see you back and you've not lost your aggressive manner either good to see.

I'm quite happy for Lerner to stay, doesn't bother me in the slightest it's nice to see that we have some sort of plan now rather than just cutting and hoping.

And yes we have progressed and that's actually a statistical fact

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Like for like fixtures compared to last season, we're 7 points better off.. Better yet.. Our goal difference last season for the same games was -17, it's now -3... What exactly isn't better than last season?

Just in. Incredibly dull game of football. Far too much hoofing - and not even effective.

Benteke looked like he couldn't have cared less, possibly because he got sod all in the way of supply. Sad day for Villa when a team without a striker seem much more likely to score.

Lowton had a good game on the whole and sent in some lovely balls. Man of the match for me.

2426f5x.png

Archived