Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

27. Libor Kozák

154 posts in this topic

Our savior....

Well you want a replacement for Benteke don't you ?

:P

Well you want a replacement for Benteke don't you ?

:P

A replacement, not a downgrade

A replacement, not a downgrade

Who do you suggest would be a realistic suitable replacement ?

good player who i worried will go the way of Luc Nillis, seems i am wrong if he is getting closer to fitness

He tweeted this 4 weeks ago -

@Libor_Kozak: Going very well last week of rehabilitation in Italy.Finally I can see small light in the tunnel.Thanks for support and let's go today lads!

Lambert says his leg is healing well yesterday, dont think we will see much of him this season now either, maybe a few appearances towards the end of the season

Won't make any difference . Lambert will still be manager

Won't make any difference . Lambert will still be manager

Zzzzz Lambert even gets drawn into Kozak thread .

Can't manage players can he?

Hilarious ,, not

Clueless mate

Not even sure he can manage to put his own socks on :)

Even if Kozak was fit he wouldn't get a game with Benteke back.

I always have a quiet snigger to myself whenever Lambert includes Kozak in his excuses for poor results due to our injuries.

Am i the only one who rates Kozak?

No , mike does

Kozak has a habit of being in the right place at the right time - may contribute little but he does put some chances away - rather him than the current 2 alongside benteke.

We simply haven't seen enough of him to make a decision. My own view is he's like Benteke and needs good service which we don't tend to provide...but like I said I've only seen him play a few times.

We're very good at either crowning someone the new messiah after one good game or equally writing them off as fast. Arguably two of our better players this year (Hutton & Clarke) are testimony to that.

Here's an interesting article from an Italian interview talking about his recovery, you will have to fill in the gaps as it's a direct translation from Italian to English.

Libor Kozak, class '89, Czech striker under Aston Villa, he played four seasons with the shirt of Lazio. In 2014 has hardly ever played: why him as no one else goes wished a happy new year.

Twelve months ago, a team-mate in training broke the tibia and fibula. Would have to return to play in the summer but already a new operation in October, has delayed his return to the field. The blame can be attributed to a British doctor who did train despite injuries to his leg. Gave an interview to the site isport.blesk.cz in which he describes his unfortunate story.

Why had to do another operation?

In January, they replaced the tibia with a brace of titanium. The problem was that the fibula was not completely soldered. In England I was told to resume training. It hurt and the pain did not pass. I went ahead to August, then, when I saw that the doctor did not decide to do, I took the initiative and went to Italy.

Why did you go in Italy?

When I played in New York I met the doctor of the Italian national (Enrico Castellacci, ed), I took care of an inflammation in the groin. With him I did physiotherapy. The leg is better but recovery continues slowly.

The Aston Villa agreed with this choice?

I asked the club to go after the first accident, around February-March. It was not possible immediately, but after the events of the first operation have willingly accepted, indeed I have suggested. They also sent a doctor to make sure of my situation. In the end they were happy about my choice.

What went wrong?

I do not mean that the doctor who cured me the tibia was not good, eventually healed, but subsequent diagnosis and the advice he gave me was incorrect.

He was a doctor of Aston Villa?

No it was outside. I thought that now I would be entrusted to a capable doctor, but in the end it was not so. There was also a fight between the two parties, but these things have to do with each other.

They knew you were training with a broken leg?

I had a custom program, but when I tried to make the shots, or other things that make the players feel the pain. I went ahead two months and the doctor told me it was normal pain, which had the muscles to provoke him. And although it seems incredible, I continued to train.

What did the doctor in Italy?

He read the X-ray to see how he was the bone and with a special technique has intervened on the old fracture and therefore the recovery takes longer.

The three months of rehabilitation go according to plan?

I met the doctor recently, in his rehabilitation is going well. Although I am a bit 'worried because recovery continues slowly.

When you think back to playing?

The doctor did not make me promises. Earlier we talked about three or four months. We look for the end of January, and will give me the ok I can start training. I want to play as soon as possible. I'm curious to see me at work.

How you suffered mentally?

It was not easy. Luckily I had the family next to me, this has helped me in difficult times.

What was the worst moment?

When I learned that I should do a 'other operation: 8 months after the first.

Have you feared for your career?

If I say no lying. I have had that thought, like everyone else.

You are more annoyed by the English physician or the club?

For the doctor. But it was a mistake to send me from him.

Want to play for Aston Villa?

There are some people who would like to avoid, but not the entire club. I can not wait to embrace all the teammates and the coach.

He talked to the coach of the Czech Republic (Pavel Vrba ed)?

Yes. He put full confidence in me. The return will depend on the national my condition. But now I do not think, first of all I have to get back on the field and find the best shape.

Despite suggestions Kozak would be back in February, Lambert is not sure whether or not Kozak will return at all this season, saying, "I don’t know. A lot will depend on his healing."

No AK from the little we saw i thought he showed promise, certainly had a decent goals to minutes on pitch ratio.

Scores goals which is what we lack - might not do a lot else but that's enough for me - not really has a long run in the side yet .

I really hope he plays some part this season although he shouldnt be rushed back as the injury was a bad one. He offers something different i fell and I cant judge him properly until he gets some decent gametime under his belt. Feared he would end up like luc nillis which would be terrible.

Phyiso room has him down for a return on the 21st Feb, they are quite reliable to be fair

Phyiso room has him down for a return on the 21st Feb, they are quite reliable to be fair

Don't think there is much chance of that now, given Lambert's comments about his progress.