Sign in to follow this  
avstu

27. Libor Kozák

avstu    216
LiborKozak.jpgLibor Kozák

View Player profile.

Discuss Libor Kozak's Aston Villa career here.

zurreal    1

this signing looks promising. I'm hoping for the best with Libor Kozak. this should make other teams weary of playing too offensively against us since our attacking field looks very strong right now.

i reckon his first game he will come on against spurs in the cup, or if we are hammering newcastle or norwich, he will be subbed on for them too. i just hope he dont foul like benteke lol.

zurreal    1

I doubt very much he'll play against Newcastle or Norwich, but we'll see, maybe he'll take on the pitch as a sub in the later minutes of either game or both.

LionHeart82    6

Watched his goals in the Europa League.

Great variety of goals, but what impressed me is his movement off the ball and ability to read a pass.

I think people will be pleasantly surprised

avstu    216

Just found this:

10 Facts about Libor Kozak

1. He was born on the 30th May 1989 in Opava, Czechoslovakia.

2. Kozak started his career at hometown club Opava, before moving to Lazio in 2008. He also spent a season on loan at Brescia in 2009/10.

3. He had a trial at Portsmouth in January 2008, but they opted against signing him.

4. The 6ft 4in hitman was the Europa League's top scorer last season with an incredible eight goals.

5. He cost Aston Villa somewhere in the region of £7million and has signed a four year contract.

6. He became Paul Lambert's seventh signing of the summer as Villa look to improve on a disappointing last campaign.

7. Kozak was used sparingly in Serie A last season, and failed to score a single league goal.

8. He will wear the number 27 shirt for Villa and will fight for a starting place alongside Christian Benteke.

9. Libor has made four appearances for the Czech Republic and score his first international goal in a friendly against Hungary last month.

10. Upon joining, Kozak said: "From when I was a young boy, I have dreamt of playing in the Premier League and to do this with a club such as Villa is incredibly motivating. It's real now and I'm very happy about this."

emko_vd    0

Hello, Villa's fans!

I'm Lazio fan from Bulgaria and want to share my opinion for Kozak.

I'm following him since he played for the Primavera (Lazio U20). His debut for Seria A was when he was 19 against Juventus in the last round five years ago. He was very clumsy with the ball, shaky, wrong passes and a lot of Lazio's fans thought he won't became a regular. But in recent years he grow up a lot, he has been training very hard and became stronger and stronger every season. He is not so good with his feets, don't expect from him wonders, but he trained hard and now his passing and dribling are at a good level. He is VERY good in the air, he can very good to hold up the ball and his moving without the ball is almost perfect. Maybe he has been watching and learning from Klose - he is a monster in the penalty box.

Don't expect from him wonders, but he can be good player. Maybe he will never become your favourite player, i mean he is not that type of player, but Kozak is a fighter, never gives up. If you asking why he didn't score a lot in Seria A (especially last year) - it is because he didn't play regularly. I am sure that if he was playing at least 25-27 matches a season he can easily score 15-16 goals. And he show that in Europe League, where he became the goalscorer. I am very sad to see him going.

One more thing - he didn't succeed in Lazio because our midfieldiers was used with the style of play of Klose and when Kozak was brought in they rarely suplied him with good long balls. I think that this won't be a problem, because Kozak is a typical powerfull target man like Benteke. And he can be a very good substitution also! I am sad that he left Lazio, but i'm happy for him that he went in a team like Aston Villa. I am following your club for couple of years (after Paul Lambert took the team) and i can say that Aston Villa have a good squad not to be in the relegation battle this year. I hope to be in top 10 at least and in the next season to attack top 8 and why not top 6.

P.S. What is your opinion about Aleksander Tonev? He is a youth product of my favourite bulgarian team - CSKA Sofia and if you want I can say a lot of information for him, too :D He will need time to get used with the speed in the Premier Leauge, but I think that you will like his style of playing - he is fast and can shoot really good from distance.

This is from me for now. If you like my comment and have something to ask - i will answer to everything that you are interested in. Wish you luck and will watch Aston Villa's matches with real interest this season!

Loyalvillan    584

Hello, Villa's fans!

I'm following him since he played for the Primavera (Lazio U20). His debut for Seria A was when he was 19 against Juventus in the last round five years ago. He was very clumsy with the ball, shaky, wrong passes and a lot of Lazio's fans thought he won't became a regular. But in recent years he grow up a lot, he has been training very hard and became stronger and stronger every season. He is not so good with his feets, don't expect from him wonders, but he trained hard and now his passing and dribling are at a good level. He is VERY good in the air, he can very good to hold up the ball and his moving without the ball is almost perfect. Maybe he has been watching and learning from Klose - he is a monster in the penalty box.

Don't expect from him wonders, but he can be good player. Maybe he will never become your favourite player, i mean he is not that type of player, but Kozak is a fighter, never gives up. If you asking why he didn't score a lot in Seria A (especially last year) - it is because he didn't play regularly. I am sure that if he was playing at least 25-27 matches a season he can easily score 15-16 goals. And he show that in Europe League, where he became the goalscorer. I am very sad to see him going.

One more thing - he didn't succeed in Lazio because our midfieldiers was used with the style of play of Klose and when Kozak was brought in they rarely suplied him with good long balls. I think that this won't be a problem, because Kozak is a typical powerfull target man like Benteke. And he can be a very good substitution also! I am sad that he left Lazio, but i'm happy for him that he went in a team like Aston Villa. I am following your club for couple of years (after Paul Lambert took the team) and i can say that Aston Villa have a good squad not to be in the relegation battle this year. I hope to be in top 10 at least and in the next season to attack top 8 and why not top 6.

P.S. What is your opinion about Aleksander Tonev? He is a youth product of my favourite bulgarian team - CSKA Sofia and if you want I can say a lot of information for him, too :D He will need time to get used with the speed in the Premier Leauge, but I think that you will like his style of playing - he is fast and can shoot really good from distance.

This is from me for now. If you like my comment and have something to ask - i will answer to everything that you are interested in. Wish you luck and will watch Aston Villa's matches with real interest this season!

Hello, Villa's fans!

Hello, Villa's fans!

welcome to the site Mate and thanks for your insight on Kozak, as for Tonev he looks good but only time will tell if he can step up!

pete101    26
Hello, Villa's fans! I'm Lazio fan from Bulgaria and want to share my opinion for Kozak. I'm following him since he played for the Primavera (Lazio U20). His debut for Seria A was when he was 19 against Juventus in the last round five years ago. He was very clumsy with the ball, shaky, wrong passes and a lot of Lazio's fans thought he won't became a regular. But in recent years he grow up a lot, he has been training very hard and became stronger and stronger every season. He is not so good with his feets, don't expect from him wonders, but he trained hard and now his passing and dribling are at a good level. He is VERY good in the air, he can very good to hold up the ball and his moving without the ball is almost perfect. Maybe he has been watching and learning from Klose - he is a monster in the penalty box. Don't expect from him wonders, but he can be good player. Maybe he will never become your favourite player, i mean he is not that type of player, but Kozak is a fighter, never gives up. If you asking why he didn't score a lot in Seria A (especially last year) - it is because he didn't play regularly. I am sure that if he was playing at least 25-27 matches a season he can easily score 15-16 goals. And he show that in Europe League, where he became the goalscorer. I am very sad to see him going. One more thing - he didn't succeed in Lazio because our midfieldiers was used with the style of play of Klose and when Kozak was brought in they rarely suplied him with good long balls. I think that this won't be a problem, because Kozak is a typical powerfull target man like Benteke. And he can be a very good substitution also! I am sad that he left Lazio, but i'm happy for him that he went in a team like Aston Villa. I am following your club for couple of years (after Paul Lambert took the team) and i can say that Aston Villa have a good squad not to be in the relegation battle this year. I hope to be in top 10 at least and in the next season to attack top 8 and why not top 6. P.S. What is your opinion about Aleksander Tonev? He is a youth product of my favourite bulgarian team - CSKA Sofia and if you want I can say a lot of information for him, too :D He will need time to get used with the speed in the Premier Leauge, but I think that you will like his style of playing - he is fast and can shoot really good from distance. This is from me for now. If you like my comment and have something to ask - i will answer to everything that you are interested in. Wish you luck and will watch Aston Villa's matches with real interest this season!
Great post, most of us know very little about kozak , nice to hear about the player from someone who has seen him on regular basis, more you could tell us about tonev would be great also, from bit of seen so far of him it seems he could be very effective for us