grotenbees

Christian Benteke (2012-15)

190 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Loyalvillan said:

benteke was alway prone to being a bit Lazy, but it seems this has gotten worse since his move to Liverscum!!

I seem to remember his national coach publicly having a go at him a few times for this??

He has made his bed, now he can lie in it!

Yeah.....we are not in the position to think like that. We need a player of Benteke's calibre badly. 

5 minutes ago, Ave said:

Yeah.....we are not in the position to think like that. We need a player of Benteke's calibre badly. 

not like it will change our fate mate!! not being negative but its too late to make a difference!! 20th jan and still no signings FFS!!

2 hours ago, Loyalvillan said:

benteke was alway prone to being a bit Lazy, but it seems this has gotten worse since his move to Liverscum!!

I seem to remember his national coach publicly having a go at him a few times for this??

He has made his bed, now he can lie in it!

Totally agree Loyal. His attitude has not got any better. On his day he is a quality player but those days are few and far between. He could have been a legend at AV in the correct team, problem is that he didn't have the correct players around him. Klopp is defending him but I can't see that continuing and I think he will be moved on. 

17 hours ago, Loyalvillan said:

not like it will change our fate mate!! not being negative but its too late to make a difference!! 20th jan and still no signings FFS!!

It absolutely has in the past. 

Apparently West Ham are preparing to bid £25m for him. He will do well there.

^If they can utilize Carroll, they sure can do same with Benteke. Suits West Ham-style of play, or should I say Bilic-style. Of course it´s not 100% sure that Bilic is there next season. Hope he is, one of the better managers in Premier.

No disrespect to Crystal Palace but Benteke thought Aston Villa weren't big enough for him so I bet his ego has taken a bit of a kicking ending up at Palace.

I should have copied this to here yesterday (from the EPL thread), Crystal Palace is another stepping-stone, I think.

On 19/08/2016 at 0:39 PM, Larry-AV said:

Good news for Benteke, Crystal Palace is nearer to Arsenal,

... so he's getting there (eventually !) ....

... when Wenger opens the Arsenal cheque book. Maybe signing Benteke will be Wenger's parting gift to Arsenal, in one or two years time ?

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

52 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Proof the grass is not always greener .

Hope he's there next season and we play them, can imagine the grass is always greener songs being sung lol

10 minutes ago, Zeewulf said:

Hope he's there next season and we play them, can imagine the grass is always greener songs being sung lol

Wouldn't be surprised if we swap places with them - think they've won 2 in last 20 league games .

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Proof the grass is not always greener .

Benteke's goals will help keep them in the Premiership as they did with us. Agree with your above comment though young East. Career has been on a downward spiral since he left.

6 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Benteke's goals will help keep them in the Premiership as they did with us. Agree with your above comment though young East. Career has been on a downward spiral since he left.

Benteke will only get goals if they play to his strengths - remember his last season under lambert he was even dropped as he looked disinterested - very much a confidence player in my opinion and palace look a very poor team .