grotenbees

Christian Benteke (2012-15)

190 posts in this topic

I am starting to suspect the Benteke of two years ago is no more, he has had two bad injuries and now looks a shadow of that player. He may come good again but anyone signing him now would be taking a gamble.

Benteke on current form isn't worth much, to AVFC or any other team.

Not sure it can be blamed on disinterest and suspect injury has hit him harder than we thought.

To me Anne it looks as though he has lost a bit of muscle weight which doesn't allow him to bully players in the way that he did. If you remember Smalling as one example.

Secondly with those injuries he has definitely lost confidence but the whole team is suffering from that. It also doesn't help that he has had to feed off scraps since coming back from injury and I think it was Charlie Nicolas who said that if the ball isn't coming into the box on a regular basis then forwards like Benteke will stop making those runs which he has done.

Furthermore, with the club going in for Lambert in the last day of the window that would have also told him that his manager had lost confidence in him.

Considering all of the above its no wonder the player wants away but maybe someone with better character would still try to put a shift in for the team which Benteke is not.

If you remember the Barry scenario I still think though that the club will not sell on the cheap no matter how much of a strap Benteke puts on.

I snapped my Achilles Tendon when I was younger and even to this day I am concerned about it. They say that it is stronger after surgery but you definitely lose that spring in your legs. Benteke used to be head and shoulders above defenders, now he struggles to even get off the floor. If we can get £20 million we should take it. Let's build a new Villa and get it right. UTV

the fear factor has gone out of him for over a year, its defo in his locker but since we arent playing counter football his mojo has dropped bigtime, if i was a top club i wouldnt even look at him tbh.

whatever happene to michu, he was decent too,

i am getting confused now as to who is this weeks scapegoat

first ron vlaar ,,,gill ,,,,,,,sanchez,,,guzan ,,,then gabby,,,,,,,,,, now benteke

first ron vlaar ,,,gill ,,,,,,,sanchez,,,,,,then gabby ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now benteke

You forgot Guzan :)

first ron vlaar ,,,gill ,,,,,,,sanchez,,,guzan ,,,then gabby,,,,,,,,,, now benteke

....and Lambert....that excuse will still be going when we're away to Radstock Town FC :wow: :wow: :wow:

rather play bacuna up front instead if Benteke right now!! waste of a starting spot!!

but the thing is, when he starts scoring he will be on fire!!

what to do!!??!!

rather play bacuna up front instead if Benteke right now!! waste of a starting spot!!

what to do!!??!!

When (hand on heart) can you say benteke had a good game? Once or twice this season? last season? We're playing very long odds with him in the starting line up

When (hand on heart) can you say benteke had a good game? Once or twice this season? last season? We're playing very long odds with him in the starting line up

but what other options do we have mate?? Gabby? Weinmann?? we have no choice but to try and get the best out of him right now

what to do!!??!!

he scored against Leicester in the fa cup

what to do!!??!!

The idea of either Gabby/Andi upfront with Bacuna actually intrigues me a bit..... Gil and Sinclair out wide to feed them..... Interesting

The idea of either Gabby/Andi upfront with Bacuna actually intrigues me a bit..... Gil and Sinclair out wide to feed them..... Interesting

Not for me - still think Benteke is our best hope and if sherwood gets him firing we will be ok .

Wouldn't fancy gabby or Weimann - both lack quality - Benteke lacks desire and confidence but he can get that back .

Not for me - still think Benteke is our best hope and if sherwood gets him firing we will be ok .

Wouldn't fancy gabby or Weimann - both lack quality - Benteke lacks desire and confidence but he can get that back .

Then maybe Bacuna and Benteke? What we have so far hasn't been working. I am not saying Bacuna will be the messiah up front but I think he's got some better footwork than Gabby or Andi. Just trying to think outside the box is all

Then maybe Bacuna and Benteke? What we have so far hasn't been working. I am not saying Bacuna will be the messiah up front but I think he's got some better footwork than Gabby or Andi. Just trying to think outside the box is all

Sinclair and Benteke?

Put bacuna and Gil out wide midfield and 2 from Delph with cleverly or westwood in middle of park ?

Sinclair and Benteke?

Put bacuna and Gil out wide midfield and 2 from Delph with cleverly or westwood in middle of park ?

Good shout as well. Anything will do..... lol

Pity we can't get Bent recalled but not sure if we can recall gardner and robinson - we need all options available .

Forget sanchez , gabby and Weimann - all not the sort you want in the heat of a battle .

Just hoping Benteke rediscovers his mojo.

Eastie I think if we can service him better by getting more balls into the opposition's box then we will see more movement from him.

He needs to bulk up a bit though as he has lost some of his upper body strength to bully defenders. A bit more weight training wouldn't do any harm at all. Maybe Gabby can show him the way.

I can't quote but in reference to thinking outside the box regarding our lack of any strikers worthy of the name maybe we should go down the Sutton, Dublin route....I.E. stick a CB up there, CBs and CFs have a lot of the same attributes so while Bacuna is one option he could be played alongside Clark or Baker.

It wont happen I know unless we have an injury crisis but with 13 goals all season thinking outside the box isn't a bad idea.

Timbo,s got to find a right combination--and pretty dam quickly,--I don't envy the lad at all,

we all have our own ideas, and maybe "thinking outside the box" aint a bad idea,

I agree 101% with Eastie---Gabby Weimann and Sanchez are not the ones to turn to in this our hour of need--blimey they,ve had enough chances this season already and none have gotten us leaping out of our seats,

personally I,d definitely recall G.G. and Bennett if its possible,--bang Shay between the sticks,play Benteke with Gil just behind,and T.C. and Westwood in the middle with Bacunna and Sinclair wide,

I only hope a goal creating and goal scoring and match winning combination emerges soon,

Benteke will come good in the next 10 days .

Should not even feature against newcastle on his performances!! Total passenger for what ever reason i dont care!!

but he will

Eastie I think if we can service him better by getting more balls into the opposition's box then we will see more movement from him.

He needs to bulk up a bit though as he has lost some of his upper body strength to bully defenders. A bit more weight training wouldn't do any harm at all. Maybe Gabby can show him the way.

Service , balls , upper body - I thought you were talking about your new avatar for a moment ;)

Service , balls , upper body - I thought you were talking about your new avatar for a moment ;)

Ha. Dakota Johnson from 50 Shades. :wub:

Got a massive crush going on Eastie. At least it stops me from worrying about Villa for a while. :)