Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

grotenbees

Christian Benteke (2012-15)

It has not been confirmed by the club yet but according to serious (!) rumours Benteke will miss the rest of this season, the World Cup and probably the beginning of next season with a torn achilles tendon.

If that is true that will be a major blow with Kozak stills months away from full recovery and Gabby maybe out for the next game.

SSN have just reported that CB is having a scan tonight on an achilles problem.

It could rule him out for the rest of this Season and the World Cup too.

Just saw that he's out for at least 6 months with a ruptured achilles. So we can say goodbye to the Premier League. Well Played Lambert, Lerner, and the rest of the sorry front office garbage!

Just saw that he's out for at least 6 months with a ruptured achilles. So we can say goodbye to the Premier League. Well Played Lambert, Lerner, and the rest of the sorry front office garbage!

In other words: concentrating only on strikers, it is Lambert's and Lerner's fault that Benteke and Kozak are injured and Weimann is under-performing after showing great potential last season? No, just no!

You can criticise them and I am sure they know that some things could have been handled better and Lambert admitted that. It is all part of the learning and development process.

But blaming them for injuries is definitely taking it too far. Way too far!

In other words: concentrating only on strikers, it is Lambert's and Lerner's fault that Benteke and Kozak are injured and Weimann is under-performing after showing great potential last season? No, just no! You can criticise them and I am sure they know that some things could have been handled better and Lambert admitted that. It is all part of the learning and development process. But blaming them for injuries is definitely taking it too far. Way too far!
Surely it is lamberts fault we are left with Holt, Helanious , Bowery ,, after losing his main goalscorer ?

i totally agree, but i dont think his heart is in it, i asure u i would like him to retire at villa but i think its on the cards that hes gone

Yeah, but we've got him for another season thanks to his unfortunate injury.

Surely it is lamberts fault we are left with Holt, Helanious , Bowery ,, after losing his main goalscorer ?

Benteke - long-time injury

Kozak - long time injury

Agbonlahor - probably out for next game

Weimann - underperforming but I would not like to imagine the fans' comments if Lambert would have brought in another striker last winter

All Lambert's fault? No!

It is quite impressive that we still have three (four with Robinson) strikers to choose from even if the first four options would be gone.

Christian Benteke's Achilles' injury was so severe that his Aston Villa teammates heard his tendon rupture from 50 yards away.

:puke:

Christian Benteke is ready to give Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert a massive boost by making a shock return to action next month, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People. The big striker is ahead of schedule as he recovers from a ruptured Achilles that ended his World Cup dream. According to sources in Belgium, Benteke is pushing the Villans' manager and, if things go to plan, he may miss just three Premier League matches. The two-week international break at the start of September has given the 23-year-old forward breathing space as he completes his recovery. He joined in with drills when Villa were training in the United States, and has been part of the first-team squad that has stepped up preparations this week. Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-christian-benteke-could-4030119?#.U-fDLmK9KSM

Read that Big Ben has been put through his paces by the Belgium physio's and could make his return later this month

It appears the appeal was against the 3 match ban, not the sending off.

I would guess that we (Villa) said he was extremely provoked into his actions.

Called up for the Belgium squad, lets hope he plays and can score a few to get him ready after his ban

It appears the appeal was against the 3 match ban, not the sending off.

I would guess that we (Villa) said he was extremely provoked into his actions.

What difference does that make ?

I must say he still looks very disinterested.....he had a couple of good touches yesterday but his movement and general effort is very poor for such a talent.

Totally agree , in recent games when decent balls have been played into the box he's been standing still on the edge of the box - needs to gamble and improve his movement .